Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Habibi
Sep 24, 2009

RadioPassive posted:

My apartment association won't tolerate any visible exterior changes to the apartment or I'd get a Ring (or similar) installed. Is there a camera that I could mount inside the door and aim through the existing peep hole?

If you can actually replace the peephole, Ring makes an ideal solution. But it does change how your door looks on the outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Habibi
Sep 24, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Not that this seems applicable to you, but I'll put this out there for anyone else who might care: I 3d printed a more extreme angled adapter for my Nest Hello doorbell because my front door is close to an inside corner and the wall coming out perpendicular to the door took up 50% of the field of view even with the included angled adapter, which seemed a waste.

Hot diggity, that’s where I’m at with looking at 3rd party options. Haven’t gone to install, but it’s in a corner and I’m not going to get much out of 15 degrees.