Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Dyslex1c posted:

zwave Intermatic pool control kit

Holy poo poo same. Are you just doing that 220 contactor that will contol 2 circuits? What's the goto for an outdoor light switch (for my pool light)? Somehow, buying the zwave box and the micasaverde is cheaper than a timer that will do 2 circuits w/ freeze protection. Can I program it to run if the overnight low is supposed to dip below freezing, or if it's particularly windy or raining?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

OSU_Matthew posted:

If you're looking for home camera systems, You should take a look at Flir's nvr systems that were talked about in the last page or two.

Better 1080p resolution, steel vandal proof/weatherproof IP66 rated housing, easy setup, smallest ptz cameras I've found, crazy cheap price, mobile device app streaming, local 2tb nvr plus the option of cloud backup, poe powered cameras, and each one comes with a 60 foot length of cable. It's a pretty sweet deal, and I've been super happy with mine.

They also have affordable 2k and even 4k systems as well.

vv 100% agreed--if I didn't end up with the dedicated nvr, I would've gone with Blue Iris as well, definitely seems to be the best nvr software out there and I think it's only like fifty bucks or something, which isn't bad for a one time purchase

I'm about to pull the trigger on this. I can't tell if I need to buy a spool of cat6 from monoprice or if it comes with everything I need...

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Sweet. Seemed a little pricey at first, until you think about what you're getting. 2 bullets, 2 ptz, 2tb dvr dealie, POE power source, cabling, 2 days cloud backup (good enough for breakin situation where they find the DVR and destroy it). I think we'll be happy with it. Glad I checked this thread.

e: and its only 329 with the promo code listed on the page.

PuTTY riot fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 21, 2016

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Are any of you guys installing cameras under soffit? Running the cable is definitely going to be the most difficult part of this, and I'm trying to plan ahead so I get it right the first time.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Scrapez posted:

I installed several of my wired cameras under soffits. I found the spot I wanted to mount, drilled a hole in the wooden soffit and I used a fish tape.

I just fed like 5 feet of fish tape up into the hole and then went into the attic. Taped the power and video wires to the end and then pulled it back through the soffit from the outside.

I guess I should've specified that they've vinyl. But the PO installed speakers in the backyard so I think I'll be alright.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I'm trying to figure out how to set up the FLIR camera "cloud" stuff, mainly the cloud backup that's advertised on the device's page.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/hd-security-camera-system-with-nvr-2-ptz-cameras-and-2-bullets/HDIP422Z-1-p

None of my cameras or the NVR have the QR codes on them as far as I can see. What am I supposed to do? There's 15 different apps and computer programs and none of them seem to talk to each other. I'm wondering if I even want to get involved in this ecosystem if setup is going to be this painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Thomamelas posted:

http://www.flir.com/uploadedFiles/Security/Products/Software/FLIR-Cloud-CMS/FLIR_CLOUD_CLIENT_CMS_MANUAL_EN_R2.pdf

There is an option to configure for their cloud service via a local network and the app. And note, this isn't a cloud back up. It's a cloud service to prevent the need to set up port forwarding and DDNS.

Gotcha. I got that set up, though I'm not sure why it's called "cloud" if I have to set up port forwarding and DDNS since I don't have QR codes on my devices.

What I'm referring to is this:

https://www.lorextechnology.com/profile/subscriptions?menu=cloud

quote:

FLIR Cloud Subscription
Every Lorex or FLIR device comes with a FREE FLIR Cloud Basic Plan. This plan includes 2-day Video History (up to 10 gigabytes of cloud storage) and 3 RapidRecaps per day. The Free Basic plan for DVR and NVRs will default to Channel 1.

Record 30 days of Video History (Unlimited cloud storage) and get Unlimited RapidRecaps when you purchase a FLIR Cloud Premium Plan. This plan can be purchased on a monthly basis or purchased annually for the best value.