Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine16thsdago
Jun 29, 2005
fprintf(stderr, "this should never print\n");
We had a Johnson Controls (exacq) PC-based DVR+NVR die in a lightning storm this week. Our security vendor wants $NEW_KIA to replace it since it's >3 years old and we don't have an ongoing service agreement with them. Replacing the foxconn mini-itx motherboard gets the thing going again, but the software license is tied to the original board. Also, there's no windows drivers available for the OEM vrc7008 DVR card in it (we have analog & IP cams). womp, womp.

I'm a *nix guy by trade but I have no qualms with loading up a windows box with blue iris to replace this chunk of junk. Is this a dumb idea? If yes, what should I be looking at instead (e.g., brand/model of DVR+NVR box)? If no, can someone suggest a replacement analog capture card compatible with Blue Iris?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine16thsdago
Jun 29, 2005
fprintf(stderr, "this should never print\n");
thanks. I've been reading about including analog cameras into blue iris. it seems like the most commonly offered advice for performance as well as price is to use certain NVRs to handle the cameras and provide IP streams to BI.

now i really need to re-evaluate whether these few analog cameras can be converted to IP without too much trouble...