Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I think this qualifies

1998 1.2 8v Clio
no power steering
no electric windows
no AC
no ABS
no power
french

drat. This looks like something you brutally side swipe in a Grand Theft Auto game and just keep on going without even bothering to blink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Armchair Calvinist posted:

drat. This looks like something you brutally side swipe in a Grand Theft Auto game and just keep on going without even bothering to blink.
My recently-departed Clio was a base model 1.2 8v.

Keep your foot down and you can make decent progress, as with most things. The handling isn't all that bad, you just have to keep your speed up because there's no power.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

cyberia posted:

When that car finally poo poo the bed for good I upgraded to a late '70s Toyota Corolla in gross orange which was a totally functional car that happened to be a good 30 years past its prime:

If you're calling TE27/TE72 Corollas boring I will :ese: you.

Though not as popular as Datsun 510s, they are awesome little cars and tons of people race and mod them:

They also share a lot in common with the more famous AE86 Corolla, and you can play Toyota legos with a lot of the drivetrain and suspension bits from all three generations.

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 19, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

See also: Fuzzkill.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

kastein posted:

Acceleration: nope, not even a little. And you better not want to start moving on wet pavement.

Bet you it was a hell of a lot quicker than my old work vehicle:

(not it but the same body config)

It had the non-turbo diesel which was impressively gutless (bear in mind the much more powerful turbo version only had 85hp)

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I think this qualifies

1998 1.2 8v Clio
no power steering
no electric windows
no AC
no ABS
no power
french

Is it highly ironic that it has a sunroof (which is considered luxury) and not essential stuff, or are cars like these designed to have a standard sunroof to compensate for having no A/C?

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

InitialDave posted:

My recently-departed Clio was a base model 1.2 8v.

Keep your foot down and you can make decent progress, as with most things. The handling isn't all that bad, you just have to keep your speed up because there's no power.

With its go-cart like handling it's pretty fun and because of it's biscuit sized wheels it accelerates to 30 quite nicely, but even with my foot planted on the floor it struggles to hit 70 flat out.

Mike Maddux posted:

Is it highly ironic that it has a sunroof (which is considered luxury) and not essential stuff, or are cars like these designed to have a standard sunroof to compensate for having no A/C?

The primary function of the sunroof is to provide an extra place for the rain to leak in.

Also, the fewer accessories driven by the auxiliary belt (literally only the alternator) the more of that 60bhp is going straight to the wheels! :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I think this qualifies

1998 1.2 8v Clio
no power steering
no electric windows
no AC
no ABS