Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeletard
Dec 21, 2004
I drive a 1992 Ford Tempo. It had 98 hp when new, the 2.3L engine makes an apparent, and amazingly appalling, 18 mpg as far as I've calculated it and the car makes for wonderful comparisons to boiled cabbage.

It's maybe not all that bad though: It's white and the interior is completely red/maroon/wine colored so it feels like you're in a pile of viscera when you climb inside. The rear shocks recently decided to give up on life so now the rear suspension is entirely spring-action and I get to feel like Uncle Buck as I bob my way over every little bump in the road. I bought it for $1300 about 6 years ago with 45,002km on the odometer from a friend whose Grandmother owned it and had recently passed. It now has 102K on the odometer and I'm probably going to keep repairing the reasonable things that go wrong with it until it just finally dies on me or I can afford a better car. One day I might just lose my mind completely and get a custom plate for it that reads "Largo" just to make music nerds snicker, and that is what I love the most about the drat thing.

Edit: Is this stockholm syndrome I'm feeling? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread