Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

rear end Catchcum posted:

How come blink didn't just make a portal where a sentinels Arm goes through And then it hits himself in the head? How come she didn't just make s bunch of ground portals that went into the outside thin air from high up?

Sorry, this is just a silly film message board. For real answers you need to check Wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

And why didn't they use that speed guy to end the movie in 20 minutes? It really ruined my filmgoing experience.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rear end Catchcum posted:

How come blink didn't just make a portal where a sentinels Arm goes through And then it hits himself in the head?

"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Why didn't the eagles just fly Wolverine to Mordor?

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

oshuaj posted:

This would make a really good movie

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

oshuaj posted:

Why does everyone keep asking this question? The Eye of Sauron + the Nazguls on their flying beasts.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
What's the reason for Charles being alive in this one? Did he get resurrected at some point between X-Men 3 and this?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

What's the reason for Charles being alive in this one? Did he get resurrected at some point between X-Men 3 and this?

The movie essentially erases X-Men 3 from the timeline

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Dacap posted:

The movie essentially erases X-Men 3 from the timeline

I thought that, but then Wolverine is really surprised when Jean Grey and Cyclops turn up at the end.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It doesn't erase X3 until Wolverine returns at the end. When in the past, Charles specifically sees visions of scenes from The Wolverine and X3 when he reads Wolverine's mind. The movie just fails to explain certain future details like how Charles is back (although the post-credits scene of X3 is basically a huge hint) and how Wolverine got his adamantium claws back after having them sheared off in The Wolverine.

Edit: clarified some sentences

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 29, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I thought that, but then Wolverine is really surprised when Jean Grey and Cyclops turn up at the end.

Because he has no idea what is different in this new world he woke up in and is pleasantly surprised that in addition to probably stopping the Sentinel program he got Jean and Scott back too. I'm not sure what explanation there is for X3 not being erased, that seems like the whole point of the ending and timewipe in practical terms.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the neat thing about this movie is it's not really about preventing a dark future where Sentinels slaughter human and mutant alike, it's about preventing a dark future where Brett Ratner makes X-Men 3.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
In the new timeline, we know that Mystique starts much less villainous, and Xavier learned to be less of a domineering dick a few years ahead of schedule. It's really likely that all the old X-Men movies never happened.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, it would overwrite X-Men 1 as well, since Stryker's path would've been totally different. I guess it'll be up to the Deadpool movie to explain whether Weapon X still happened in the new timeline, and by proxy how Wolverine got his Adamantium this time.

Which is nice because it means there's still potential for Magneto ripping out Wolverine's skeleton in a future installment, which I remember being pretty nuts in the 90s comics. Especially since Apocalypse is coming next, and in the comics that's how he got it back.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

sticklefifer posted:

Which is nice because it means there's still potential for Magneto ripping out Wolverine's skeleton in a future installment, which I remember being pretty nuts in the 90s comics.

That poo poo was loving awesome and it'd be great to see it in a movie. Especially the aftermath where he turns into a goddamn animal.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
So my sister's cousin's wife works for a guy who works for a guy whose uncle works for another guy who works in the movie industry and long story short they leaked a shot from the next Wolverine movie that might shed a bit of light on how they plan to resolve this little timeline mess with the new Wolverine and the old Wolverine yadda yadda

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Wolverine just died in the comics I guess

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I hear that he'll be replaced by a teen wolverine, a cyborg wolverine, an inventor who makes artificial robot claws, and the fourth one where I'm too lazy to make the joke work all the way.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Jack Gladney posted:

I hear that he'll be replaced by a teen wolverine, a cyborg wolverine, an inventor who makes artificial robot claws, and the fourth one where I'm too lazy to make the joke work all the way.

Wolverine from a bizarro dimension where he's a giant set of claws with little men that pop out of his knuckles.

ActionHank
Nov 1, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

for like a month, they'll bring him back.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Habibi posted:

Wolverine from a bizarro dimension where he's a giant set of claws with little men that pop out of his knuckles.

So a Bayformers Decepticon with the powers of Silver Age Superman?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Jack Gladney posted:

This is a Return of Superman joke, isn't it? I understood a comic book thing. Ya-hoo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

This is a Return of Superman joke, isn't it? I understood a comic book thing. Ya-hoo.

It helps that Max Landis made that video. It makes me wish Elijah Wood will be Hank Henshaw again in the upcoming Supergirl TV series.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jack Gladney posted:

A yellow wolverine and a blue wolverine that contain different facets of his personality? I don't remember DoSM that well.
They've already got his son and his under aged prostitute gender swapped clone so they're part way there, I guess.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They should bring Wolverine back but only ever let Garth Ennis write him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Edit: oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can't wait to see how they do the Apocalypse stuff and wrap it up, so we can get to Onslaught!

• Locked thread