Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Dellisar has a +7 spellcraft, so here's 15 rolls.

Identifying 15 Things: 15#1d20+7
10 22 24 19 23

8 23 27 26 25

25 15 25 22 8

Editted the orokos formatting a bit to make it easier to parse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm going to be nice and include all multiples of the same item as one identify. So:

failure, 11 scrolls of cause fear, 11 scrolls of comprehend languages, two potions of cure light wounds, a potion of barkskin
failure, a potion of spider climb, +1 leather armour, ring of protection +1, 5 +1 holy arrows
failure, failure, a +1 blinding heavy steel shield, failure

still unidentified: eleven potions, one potion, one magic arrow, a magic breastplate, and a magic book.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Evilsagan, Ommarra is wearing the breastplate next time. Do not forget this!

The leather armor can go to Peck since Sara is mostly hanging out out of sight for now. Everyone else is wearing better I'm pretty sure.

Shield should probably go to Ommarra.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Arivia posted:

still unidentified: eleven potions, one potion, one magic arrow, a magic breastplate, and a magic book.

I think we pay to ID the Breastplate & the Book, so -100g. We let Peck try to ID potions. We let dellisar ID the arrow "eventually" or we shoot it blind and find out it's a tactical nuke, that could be amusing too.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Just have Ommarra use the plate unided. I doubt Iomedae looks favorably on keeping stashes of cursed arms, so it shouldn't be a huge problem. We'll just ID it later.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Do I get a vote on this?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Evil Sagan posted:

Do I get a vote on this?

Yes obviously.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Anias posted:

Yes obviously.

I was joking. I'm totally wearing the unidentified breastplate.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Anias posted:

I think we pay to ID the Breastplate & the Book, so -100g. We let Peck try to ID potions. We let dellisar ID the arrow "eventually" or we shoot it blind and find out it's a tactical nuke, that could be amusing too.

You spend 100g to identify the two items. The breastplate is a +1 breastplate (with Iomedae's symbol engraved on it), and the book is a manual of war.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Arivia posted:

still unidentified: eleven potions, one potion, one magic arrow,

<~Arivia> mark off one use of identify, roll two craft (alchemy) and one spellcraft check, each with an extra +10 bonus from the identify spell

[23:23] <WinsonPaine> .roll 1d20+13+10
[23:23] <skybot> WinsonPaine: 35 (1d20+13+10=12)
[23:23] <WinsonPaine> .roll 1d20+13+10
[23:23] <skybot> WinsonPaine: 42 (1d20+13+10=19)
[23:23] <WinsonPaine> .roll 1d20+11+10
[23:23] <skybot> WinsonPaine: 34 (1d20+11+10=13)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
11 potions of cure light wounds, a potion of invisibility, and an arrow of slaying (evil outsiders.)

I also forgot to mention the cultists had eleven vials of unholy water on them.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Rewards from this adventure:

450 XP each for defeating the demonic flies.
300 XP each for defeating the zombies.
400 XP each for defeating Deradnu.

That brings you to 14,750 / 15,000 xp to level 5. Almost there! Next session. I promise.

The only loot was the magic horn, Deradnu's Large greataxe (40 gp), and six figures of nude women with screaming demonic faces (45 gp each.)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Arivia posted:

That brings you to 14,750 / 15,000 xp to level 5. Almost there! Next session. I promise.
We should probably work out our level up stuff beforehand so we don't have to take a lot of time during the game.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Arivia posted:

:(

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kylra posted:

We should probably work out our level up stuff beforehand so we don't have to take a lot of time during the game.

You are going to be wasting your time I promise you.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Arivia posted:

We're all going to die then? Oh well, we had a good run. :(

At any rate, YOU'RE TOO LATE! I have already written the notes down!

E: Oh wait, this is the part with the extended FMV after the boss fight, isn't it.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Arivia posted:

I smell mythic leeeeveeeeeeels!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Notes from last night!

600 xp each for defeating Jeslyn.
1,200 xp each for destroying the wardstone fragment.

That brings you to 16,550 / 15,000 experience to level 5. You level up!

The explosion of the wardstone also had several recuperative effects: any injuries are healed, any afflictions or other conditions are restored. All expended spells are instantly restored, and all limited use per day abilities recharge. In other words, you're all completely healed, and you receive the effects of a good night's sleep.

Once you've levelled up your character, make a copy and apply these benefits. These are the temporary effects of the wardstone's explosion: damage reduction 10/good; regeneration 5 (unholy damage or evil spells); resist acid and fire 10; you glow with bright light that automatically dispels any third-level or lower darkness effect you enter; your attacks are treated as good for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction, and deal +2d6 damage to creatures with the evil subtype; and once per round as an immediate action you may roll +1d12 and add it to any d20 roll you just made.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I think this sounds rad, but goddamn the fight we are about to get into that we need all this is worrying.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay, so THE LARGEST MOST INCREDIBLE REWARD POST EVER:

Remember, do these steps in this order - you can't mix and match parts of steps. You of course can plan for an upcoming step, but you have to do them in this order.

1) You all magically get to 23,000 / 23,000 xp aka you level up to level 6!

2) You gain your first mythic tier! That golden yellow bar we have never been using on roll20 can now be used to track your uses of mythic power!

3) In exchange for your devotion and good works, Iomedae grants you the following permanent, untyped benefits. These are all completely untyped, so they stack with all other bonus types.
-You gain a +2 bonus to a skill of your choice
-You gain 5 hit points
-You gain a bonus feat (you must meet the prerequisites for this feat, and it cannot be a mythic feat)
-You gain a +2 bonus to an ability score of your choice.

4) If your chosen mythic path in step 2 above matches your campaign trait, you gain an additional permanent benefit. The following entries give you the name of the campaign trait, the associated mythic path, and then the benefits. So for example, if your campaign trait is Chance Encounter and you become a Trickster, you gain the listed benefit. If you have Chance Encounter but decide not to become a Trickster, you do not receive this benefit.

Chance Encounter (Trickster): The PC gains a +2 trait bonus on Reflex saves. By expending one use of mythic power, the PC can take 20 on an Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth check without an increase in the time required to make the check.

Child of the Crusades (Marshal): The PC gains a +2 trait bonus on Will saves. Whenever the PC successfully saves against a mind-affecting effect from a demon, as an immediate action the PC may expend one use of mythic power to cause the demon to become staggered for a number of rounds equal to the PC's mythic tier. The demon can reduce this effect to 1 round by making a successful Will save (DC = 10 + the PC's mythic tier + the PC's Charisma modifier.)

Exposed to Awfulness (Guardian): The PC gains +3 hit points per level. When the PC is reduced to negative hit points by an attack or effect from a demon, as an immediate action the PC may expend one use of mythic power to heal damage equal to 2d6+ twice the PC's mythic tier. This healing occurs after the damage is done - if the damage is enough to kill the PC, they cannot activate the ability.

Riftwarden Orphan (Archmage): The PC gains a +4 trait bonus on caster level checks to penetrate a demon's spell resistance. One per day, the PC can recharge a charged magic item by expending one use of mythic power. Doing so adds a number of charges equal to 1d10 + the PC's mythic tier to the item, up to its normal maximum number of charges.

Stolen Fury (Champion): The PC gains a +2 trait bonus on Fortitude saves. By expending one use of mythic power as a swift action, the PC can ignore a single demon's damage reduction for 1 minute, and increase the critical multiplier of any weapon they wield against that demon by 1.

Touched by Divinity (Hierophant): The PC can select a second domain granted by their affiliated deity. They can use the 1st-level spells of both domains as spell-like abilities a number of times per day each equal to their mythic tier. By expending one use of mythic power, the PC may use any of either of those two domains' spells as spell-like abilities, but may only use spells of a level equal to or less than their mythic tier.

Treasure!

Jeslyn had three scrolls, a +1 scythe, an unidentified amulet, a +2 cloak of resistance, 350 gp in onyx gems, and 35 gp. There were also six magical shards of the wardstone left behind.

Other odds and ends:

Remember, no session the next two weeks. We'll pick up the second Wednesday of July.

When we get back, we'll be starting Book 2 - Sword of Valor. Sword of Valor uses the mass combat rules from Ultimate Campaign, so you should at least skim those before we begin play. The rules begin on page 234 of that book.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Oh, and one more thing. Suzera, Anias, and anyone else loving around with summoning - can you tell me what you're usually going to summon going forward? Not planning to dick you around or anything, I just want to prepare tokens when I do prep for the next adventure. So we end up with not a sleeping cheetah and so on.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

I liked the sleeping cheatah, it was thematic, but yeah I've been slacking on pre-game summoning. I'll try to take some time in the next 2 weeks to sit down and at least compile a list of d20pfsrd links for the usual suspects.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I mentioned about summoning the cheetah before. I'm not 100% sure if you were around or really making a note of it at the time though.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Kylra posted:

I mentioned about summoning the cheetah before. I'm not 100% sure if you were around or really making a note of it at the time though.

summoners are huge cheetahs anyway so that makes sense

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

summoners are huge cheetahs anyway so that makes sense

never have I felt your avatar matches your posts so well before this moment

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Arivia posted:

never have I felt your avatar matches your posts so well before this moment

having a voice to match the posts to really enhances the Winsone_Paine experience

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I just found this in book 2, it's actually something that comes up in book 1 so I'm sharing it with you now to set the mood for tonight:

That's Irabeth confronting the blackguard and traitorous crusader Staunton Vhane in front of the wardstone in Kenabres. You saw this, and saw Staunton's escape, in the visions the wardstone gave you.

Psst. If you haven't yet, go read the mass combat rules. We're going to be using them tonight probably. Ultimate Campaign page 234. Do it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay! So as you may know I'm looking into moving Wrath's night because I want to be an uber-nerd and raid in WoW. That said, it's not a guaranteed thing yet and my schedule is still up in the air.

However, for this week I've at least sorted things out enough. Wednesday is going to be Suzera's new joint (she's running a test session) and I presume she's starting at regular time?
THURSDAY will be Wrath this week, running for three hours not four.

This isn't permanent. but the best thing I can sort out for right now right now. I might be around Wednesday, I will be around Thursday.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

We'll probably do Tuesday for the regular dungeongame day at around the same starting time as Wrath currently is if that works out schedulewise. I just want to run a short session this week to shake out planning bugs if possible.

E: This week it looks like we'll just see what we can do with Wednesday.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 28, 2015

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay I'm being slow and timing isn't quite working to have a conversation about this. SO.

Everyone knows already, but I want to move Wrath to another night. (So I can be even more of a nerd and raid in World of Warcraft. :toot:)

I'm going to be raiding on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'm free the nights the rest of the week, although I'd prefer not to play on Friday nights. We can't start earlier than 9 EST (because Sagan needs time to get home), but we can stop sooner if people need to. So out of Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday which days would people be available to switch Wrath to, and do we need to adjust the timing for those days?

This is the permanent reorientation - if need be, we'll skip this week and start next week.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm pretty good with any of those days except Sunday or Saturday.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I would prefer Thursday out of any of those. Strongly prefer. Monday is out for me.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Thursday

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Though I have a bit more flexibility, I'm going to note preference for a thursday game.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It looks like Thursday is Wrathsday then. That leaves Friday for Dungeonlands if we want to get everyone in as that's the only other open day. I intend for it to run overall a bit shorter than Wrath since there's less serious roleplay stuff and I have to actually make everything up, so we can start it later or whatnot without really losing out. If it runs too long every week we might hit a loading screen during the session, if you know what I mean.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 5, 2015

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Wrath tomorrow then, and Dungeonlands on Friday, unless Gao or LGQ can't make it.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy
I still don't know what's going on with us this week (they're supposed to call me back tonight at some point). I'm actually taking every Friday off this month, so during August, we'd be able to do our regular time. After that, I'd want to end an hour earlier than we have been.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

I'm in the middle of RL blowing up so may not make game this week.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Anias posted:

I'm in the middle of RL blowing up so may not make game this week.

E has "abdominal mass". Don't google. More when I know more, but yeah no game time. Hug your loved ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Anias posted:

E has "abdominal mass". Don't google. More when I know more, but yeah no game time. Hug your loved ones.

Oh geeze, that poo poo is terrifying. Hopefully it is nothing serious, and our elf nonsense will be here when you have time.

• Locked thread