Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

maybe I'm a crazy social justice warrior but "Muslim monkey" seems a little more than "non-PC"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its 2014. "PC" is now defined as "anything offensive I said that I want to say more but you got mad." That way you're never a bigot, everyone else is just always an over sensitive whiner.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh boy, I was totally expecting some coaches or some sort of moderating influence, but nope. The cast looks like the normal bunch of assholes, hopefully the drama is non-bigotry or racism related. I think the setup is more to avoid power blocks forming too quick, which I felt hurt the past couple seasons. I look forward to vehemently disagreeing with STAC about most things.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Surprised Ariana Grande's "people" let her run his half-brother's Twitter... either way they both need grammar lessons.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I don't hate any of these people, yet. I'm surprised.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Decent cast so far? I'm doubting the longevity of "El Cuatro"...

FYI I'll put up the live feed thread soon now that the forums are back up. They're set to start tomorrow night.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

violetdragon posted:

I don't hate any of these people, yet. I'm surprised.

...yet

I wonder if Cody and Paola will be able to go an entire week until they are loving.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I dunno if I can endure three months of Frankie, but so far he's been tolerable. Since he has a built in voting block because of his sister I have no doubt he'll be the first on Team America gently caress YEAH!.

Speaking of which Team America is really just America's Player spread across 3 people. I hope they give them fun missions and not stupid poo poo like shadow a houseguest for 2 hours.

I kind of like Duck Dynasty Gomer Pyle and Nicole is a cutie although a dimwit. The MILF that we saw a quick shot of coming in tomorrow is easy on the looks.

Pau-Pau is all ready on my nerves but she'll be gone soon enough by playing too aggressive and being a bossy boots.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Robnoxious posted:

Pau-Pau is all ready on my nerves but she'll be gone soon enough by playing too aggressive and being a bossy boots.

Yup. But man, what if she were to form the FIRST all-women alliance ever?? Would be quite the accomplishment for her.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hey Teek, any confirmed date when they moved in?

These first two shows are live on tape so when the feeds light up everyone would have gelled and bonded for awhile (Pau-Pau and Cody will be in their honeymoon phase going at it like rabbits). I want to guess their move in was the night before CBS officially released the cast bios which means they've been in there a week all ready.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Eltoasto posted:

Yup. But man, what if she were to form the FIRST all-women alliance ever?? Would be quite the accomplishment for her.

A day one alliance, that is numbered, and is all-women. Is there an alliance that could be worse?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I have a feeling Frankie is really going to start grating on me before too long.

Every time I see his job listed as "Youtube Personality" I want to punch a kitten. Plus I've never been a fan of those HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT MEEEEEE LOOK AT ME AHAHAHHA LOOK AT THE WACKY THING I'M DOING!! LOVE MEEEEEEEE!!! type of person either on TV or in real life.

Also, that young, blonde nursing student with glasses seems like a sweet girl, but we're totally looking at Jordan II. There's not much upstairs.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 26, 2014

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

ohgodwhydoesthisshowsuckmeineveryyear :dance:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The worst part of the episode was Palo basically wanting to gently caress within 10 seconds.

The best was Donny and Devin wanting to jump Joey.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Robnoxious posted:

Hey Teek, any confirmed date when they moved in?

I believe it was last Thursday. Typically it's right around when the cast list is released. There are sometimes move-in zero hour drop outs which necessitate using one of the alternates instead. I think Chef Joe might have been the last one of those to make it in.

If it's following the typical model, the first boot gets around 12-14 days in the house.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
They literally could have just had a single 2 hour episode... :ughh:

Too early to tell how this cast will be with half of them not being around to interact. Time will tell. I hate that we miss an entire week of feeds. I feel like week 1 feeds would probably be the best.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Live feed and spoiler thread here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3645566

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

They literally could have just had a single 2 hour episode... :ughh:
They are just using their regularly scheduled slotted times for the rest of the Summer. It makes sense. I wonder if these two shows were in the span of time of about 8 hours vs. 24 hours that CBS wants us to believe.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I wonder if they sat down after last year's incredible clusterfuck and just said "gently caress it, we're blowing this game up completely."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It seems like they are trying to heavily structure preset alliances at the start, in order to avoid day 1 strong alliances that ruin the fun.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
This show is so much nicer in HD.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Does Frankie not realize that if he gets the goodies that an HOH usually gets, one of them will probably contain a picture of him WITH HIS FAMOUS SISTER??? Wouldn't that blow his strategy of keeping it a secret? What a dumbass.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Retail Slave posted:

Does Frankie not realize that if he gets the goodies that an HOH usually gets, one of them will probably contain a picture of him WITH HIS FAMOUS SISTER??? Wouldn't that blow his strategy of keeping it a secret? What a dumbass.

Pictures have to be cleared beforehand by the family and friends who appear in them, so they would only do that if he and his family were completely stupid and did not discuss keeping that a secret before he went in.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
First episode was good enough to convince me to throw down for the feeds. Nicole is awesome so far and Devin seems pretty cool too. Mix in a wannabe Fairplay in Zach and I'm sold.

Hardcore on the Nicole train till something changes. She's pretty drat cute for a skinny chick too.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm not feeling the Nicole love. Yes, she's pretty, and she seems awfully sweet, but she's about the same level of intelligence as Jordan.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Retail Slave posted:

Don't they get those pictures from family? He could've asked them not to send pictures of his sister.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think he's pretty silly if he lies or goes out of his way to hide it. I just work under the impression that telling unnecessary lies like that on these shows run too much of a risk of biting you in the rear end. Maintaining a lie 24/7 for months isn't easy and all he has to do is start telling a story or blurt out something related to his famous sister or the stuff he's experienced with her. And if you do maintain it like Matt Hoffman's sick wife thing it can foster some hard feelings with either the jury or the audience. And I really can't do anything but laugh at BB players who haven't learned not to piss off the audience by now.

I'm kind of cold on the premiere but I'm always cold on the start of these seasons. I don't feel strongly about anyone, really. I could see hating, loving, or being totally apathetic to everyone so far. That's probably good. I have no idea about the twists. I always tend to zone out when Julie is explaining poo poo at the end of an episode. So we'll see how that goes.

I did give in and get the feeds this afternoon. So I guess that's another summer down the drain.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Hah just got an awesome bonus. Signed up for the feeds through Rob Cesternino's website and he agreed to autograph my Big Brother Bingo card.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I like how they've split the premiere in half Drag Race-style because it's always annoying as gently caress trying to memorize the names-and-faces of the 14 central casting models and 2 regular people they throw in there every year.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Hah just got an awesome bonus. Signed up for the feeds through Rob Cesternino's website and he agreed to autograph my Big Brother Bingo card.
Oh gently caress... I gotta get a RobC Bingo card. I got a BB shirt last year for getting a bingo (second place prize).

The shirt is in the trunk of my car... never worn :)

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

violetdragon posted:

Don't they get those pictures from family? He could've asked them not to send pictures of his sister.
You are betting on Adriana Grande passing on the free publicity for an entire Summer. Not gonna happen. No way.

With this cast so far, many will not cotton on to it if she is featured in an HOH photo. Pau-Pau might recognize her with her DJ skillz but I doubt it. The dude with the young daughter may have crossed paths with Adriana via Nickelodeon but I think the MILF with 3 kids coming in tomorrow will lock straight on it. She has kids at the age where they gravitate toward Nick shows.

If she's the type of Mom that watches TV with her kids she's going to key in on Adriana and put it together. Maybe not immediately but Frankie will drop enough clues simply because he cannot NOT talk about himself constantly to give it all away.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Robnoxious posted:

You are betting on Adriana Grande passing on the free publicity for an entire Summer. Not gonna happen. No way.

With this cast so far, many will not cotton on to it if she is featured in an HOH photo. Pau-Pau might recognize her with her DJ skillz but I doubt it. The dude with the young daughter may have crossed paths with Adriana via Nickelodeon but I think the MILF with 3 kids coming in tomorrow will lock straight on it. She has kids at the age where they gravitate toward Nick shows.

If she's the type of Mom that watches TV with her kids she's going to key in on Adriana and put it together. Maybe not immediately but Frankie will drop enough clues simply because he cannot NOT talk about himself constantly to give it all away.

And if they dont the producers can give them helpful hints once the show hits a slow patch to create more "content". I dont think there was ever a single contestant in either BB or Survivor who benefited from lying about their profession/background. It's just a stupid move that gets you into trouble.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I must be getting old but I have no idea what the gently caress an Adriana Grande is. Sounds like something you'd get at Starbucks.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

I must be getting old but I have no idea what the gently caress an Adriana Grande is. Sounds like something you'd get at Starbucks.
I had know idea either until I hit her name up on IMDB and saw Nickelodeon tweenie shows all over the place, then I was all... OOooooh! I see what they are doing here.

Grodner is trying to hit the money (and social media) demographic with stunt casting.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

IMDB posted:

She is a Vegan. After watching Blackfish, she urged fans to stop supporting SeaWorld.

Sounds like an annoying little poo poo. I guess it's good she never saw Loose Change.

I'm already inclined to hate her "YouTube superstar" brother. Hopefully he'll go early but it seems unlikely with a fan vote playing a role.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Comparing Blackfish to Loose Change is like comparing, well, an actual documentary to a fictional movie made by crazy people.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Sounds like an annoying little poo poo.
Veganism is a social faze... eventually they all give up on the granola and demand the beef injection.

Every vegan I've known caved by the age of 30 at the latest. And it's a good thing too, because they all looked sickly as gently caress.

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
Frankie wasn't as annoying as I thought he would be, but I don't think I've ever cringed so hard at anything when he said he was "freaking the Frankie out".

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Frankie wasn't that bad. My other favorite part of the show was when he destroyed the two "professional athletes" by out-crunching them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Retail Slave posted:

Would anyone actually recognize his "famous" sister? I never heard her name before and have no idea what she looks like, and only know a song or two of hers from the dumb montage they played of Frankie, with what I assume is his sisters music playing?

• Locked thread