Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.
Here's my Meren reanimator. I want to fit in Masked Admirers and Massacre Wurm. What should I remove for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The way Meren keys off of things dying, regular reanimation strategies don't really work with her. How is Terastodon even getting in the graveyard besides Buried Alive or Jarad's Orders? How is Meren even helping this gameplan besides putting the expensive guys in the worst possible spot for them to be, unless you have so much experience it doesn't matter? Just play value guys and let Meren generate more value off of them.

And what is Worldspine Wurm, a creature with an anti-reanimation clause, doing in a reanimator deck?

And you want Merciless Executioner and maybe even Slum Reaper, because Fleshbag Marauder is one of Meren's best pals.

I like the Merciless Executioner and Slum Reaper, I'll definitely pick those up and I'll take out Worldspine and Terastodon for them. Worldspine was for instant reanimation via the Necromancers and Strands of Night, as well as for Deathrendering into play (I'd added Deathrender, Worldspine, and Terastodon all at the same time). Still want to fit in the Admirers and Massacre Wurm, and perhaps also a Molder Slug for more forced sacrifice fun.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Ashiok could use Lim Dul’s Vault to dig for combo pieces while no one else can search, seems cool as a signature spell.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

ZeroCount posted:

How could a one mana etb-untapped rock that makes 1 mana possibly be too good to print in Commander when Sol Ring is already in the format? Wotc are just cowards.

Seriously, these are four years late. They belonged in the 2015 decks, but I’ll welcome them soon enough for my Meren, Ezuri, and Kalemne piles.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

I've been having fun with my Marchesa's Grixis Goblins deck, but it needs some help. In addition to making a spot for Muxus (who seems perfect for it), what would you cut? I want to add more counters to protect my combos. I want to make room for Counterspell, Annul, and Negate at the minimum. It usually wins with Splinter Twinnish things or goblin go-wide. I have yet to hit Grenzo/Soldevi Digger/Ashnod's Altar/Murderous Redcap but that's too fun not to try for. Any other recommendations would be welcome.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Rite, Digger, Bidding, Wash Out, Trumpeter, Zo-Zu

Speaking of goblins, thanks for the advice! I went with these for now:

Rite of Replication -> Negate
Soldevi Digger -> Annul
Patriarch's Bidding -> Counterspell
Wash Out -> Ashiok, Dream Render
Warbreak Trumpeter -> Necrotic Ooze
Zo-Zu -> Guttersnipe as a placeholder for the Muxus I pre-ordered (I don't think I have enough triggers for Guttersnipe).

Mountain -> Island
Mountain -> Steam Vent

I also have a Snoop on the way I need to make room for.

Pantsless Hero fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 5, 2020

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

I updated some of my dumb decks! Accepting any and all input on them.

Meren
Thinking about more win cons without having to go Mike-Trike. I recently cut Jarad + Lord of Extinction since I didn't feel it was good enough. Think it's worth adding Fertilid to force shuffles under Ob Nixilis?

Grixis Goblins
This one's a lot of fun, open to general input.

Simic Ezuri
This one needs its lands updated for sure, it's still running Terramorphic and Evolving. Fun when it gets going.

Kalemne
This one's at a crossroads. I'm trying to determine if Stormfront Riders + Cryptic Gateway is worth running to kill via EtB triggers. I had more token stuff in here previously, which is why there's still Impact Tremors and Purphoros. I want to get this more focused on either the Voltron aspect of it for commander damage kills, more stax to slow down the rest of the table, or more tokens for triggers. I kind of like Goblin Trenches to help keep Land Tax going, and also Knight of the White Orchid/Gift of Estates. Also thinking about adding Cataclysmic Gearhulk and/or Cavalier of Dawn. What do you think?

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

Kinda fallen in love with Kalemne’s card art, has anyone had any experience with a giant sprinting across the countryside? Any tips for a build?

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-vs-the-world/

I keep tinkering with this one. Used to run Copper and Gold Myr as effectively EtB tapped rocks I could equip later on. I just got a Calamity Bearer to work into it, thinking about what to cut. More like Kalemne-ty Bearer. Maybe Cryptic Gateway/Stormfront Riders for infinite EtBs and tokens. I also want to make room for Maul of the Skyclaves for evasion and beatdown in one card. It could probably use some more aggressive equipment. I should get a Sigarda's Aid for sure.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

ilmucche posted:

I think I'll pick up a jodah and esika. They seem like the best for "here's a bunch of cards I have" plus I can jam the eldrazi and whatever from my cloudpost deck.

At least then I'll have a pile I can play. Sold a yarok ages ago because the idea of actually planning a full list hurts my brain.

I had an idea for 'deck as concert poster' and it was Jodah and the Myojin playing with The Proliferators. See how many times you can copy and remove divinity counters! Use Morophon and Fist of Suns! I still might build this at some point, seems like a fun way to punish a table.

Pantsless Hero fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 2, 2021

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Posting some of my decks here for comment/recommendations! How would you improve these?

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/marchesa-grixis-goblins/
I think I want to make room for Hobgoblin Bandit Lord. What would you cut?

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-2021/
I'm thinking I need more win cons.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2-power-2-furious/
Any advice welcome; this one's fun. I think Animation Module deserves a slot, though.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-vs-the-world/
I'd like to make room for Eye of Vecna and maybe Abrade. Should I put Stormfront Riders/Cryptic Gateway back in for another infinite?

Pantsless Hero fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 7, 2021

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Yeah I'd been avoiding just going Mike-Trike for a while but it would enable some much easier wins. I guess I'll pick some up and commit harder to the combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

I'm gonna add Bruenor, Sigarda's Aid, Fighter Class, Colossus Sledge, and Maul of the Skyclaves to my Kalemne deck. Now, what to cut...