Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
My cat (female, about 8 years old now, had her since she was ~5 weeks old) loves all my female friends and girlfriends but is very stand-offish with all of my male friends, even the ones she has known since she was a tiny kitty.

Here she is as a tiny:

and here she is as a big:

It's not like she attacks my male friends or anything but she definitely acts different. She's always cautious and curious around new people but warms up much faster to women and will let them pet her, while men (except for me) -- even those that she has known for years -- she will tolerate and stand off in the distance.

Did I raise a sexist cat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Congrats, your cat is a feminazi. Bookmark Jezebel for her and give her placards for her to write out her opinion regarding the patriarchy to show the internet.
My cats are ageists. They do the same to kids, but they'll love the gently caress out of any adults that approach them the right way.

Just tell any male visitors about her, and if they want her attention, they can sit quietly and offer her treats if she's food motivated. There could be any number of reasons for her attitude. For one, she's a cat. Fickle beasts. It could be mens' bigger stature, or their voices, or she just prefers the fairer sex. You sound like a good, patient owner. You got this.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
It's not uncommon for dogs and cats to dislike dudes. It's prob a mix of hormones, deeper voices, bigger bodies, and guys tend to have more assertive body language.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
My dad's theory about my previous cat about why it acted wary of him--Dad acted like he owned the house, but the cat thought it was the king of the house. His theory has some credence to it--the cat (eventually) figured out that Grampa was not an obstacle to its reign and more or less ignored him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That's weird because all the dogs I've ever seen that had a clear preference preferred the opposite sex.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

kinmik posted:

Congrats, your cat is a feminazi. Bookmark Jezebel for her and give her placards for her to write out her opinion regarding the patriarchy to show the internet.
My cats are ageists. They do the same to kids, but they'll love the gently caress out of any adults that approach them the right way.

Just tell any male visitors about her, and if they want her attention, they can sit quietly and offer her treats if she's food motivated. There could be any number of reasons for her attitude. For one, she's a cat. Fickle beasts. It could be mens' bigger stature, or their voices, or she just prefers the fairer sex. You sound like a good, patient owner. You got this.

But what if the cat puts him in the friend zone first?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My cat is cool with most people, unless you're a woman who wants to sleep with me, then you're getting hissed at.

Sergiu64
May 21, 2014

Weird, I've known several cats that seem to like guys more then girls.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Our cat definitely has a preference for woman and short people. Since I'm tall and huge and a dude it took a while for him to warm up to me.

Now we're best bros though.

MissKeewi
May 19, 2013

I have a female friend who owns a male dog that is wary of men, especially if they wear hoods or hats. We don't really know why except for the fact that she raised him alone and is the dominant person in the household.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eifert Posting posted:

That's weird because all the dogs I've ever seen that had a clear preference preferred the opposite sex.

thats because they wanted to gently caress them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
All dogs want to gently caress everything.

• Locked thread