Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
This game has been approved by Winson_Paine
For information on how to participate as a spectator, please move toward the second post.

“Everyone breathes, everyone bleeds.” Garrett is shaking me. His brown eyes, which we share, are starting right through me, right at the wooden wall my head is resting against.

“Say it with me!” He exclaims.

But, I’m barely present. My mind is on the ceiling. This happens to me a lot, especially when Garret gets like this, I go somewhere else. Does my brother even know what I need right now?

“Stop shaking her.” My mother politely insists..

Thanks to my mother’s insistence, Garrett takes a step back from me, he’s breathing heavier than all of us.

“Look at her” he yells at my mother “she has no idea what’s happening, none!”

“Of course she does.” My mother gasps. “She knows exactly what’s happening.”

Finally, I speak up. “I know what’s happening, Garrett. I have been chosen as the female tribute for district 9, for the 66th annual Hunger Games. I am not strong, like you, so you don’t think I’ll be able to survive the games, like you did. This worries you because you love me. You are a good brother, thank you for your concern.”

“How!?” Garrett throws in arms in the air “How can you speak like that at a time like this!?”

“At least she’s remaining calm.” My mother insists.

“Calm isn’t what wins in the games!” Garrett retorts.

That’s quite enough, I may not be strong like Garrett, but I’m not going to march to my death. I get up, out of my seat, and give my brother a hug. While I have his ear near my mouth, I whisper; “Everyone breathes, everyone bleeds.”

Garrett takes a quick, confused, puff of air into his lungs, and releases me. When he lets me go, he looks at my mother, looks back at me, and winks. Garrett tells me he loves me, and exits the room.

“Have a seat my darling child.” My mother says to me.

I do. I am much more centered with my brother gone. I love him dearly, but we’ve never quite understood each other.

My mother, however, we have an understanding.

“The odds, don’t seem to be in our family’s favor, do they?” My mother asks.

“I can’t say I’m surprised.” I insist, and it’s the truth. I’ve always assumed this day was going to come. My brother won these games 5 years ago. The capitol loves throwing the younger siblings of previous victors into the games, it makes for compelling TV.

“At least they had to decency to wait until I was 17.” I exclaim. And it is true, they could have called my name years ago. Tributes are, after all, selected from 12 through 18 years old across Panem’s 12 districts. Each district offers up a female, and a male. These 24 tributes make up the pool of contestants for the annual Hunger Games. A bloody affair that occurs for some reason or another, but really exists to keep the wealthy entertained. We, the citizens strewn about the districts spend our lives making theirs more comfortable, and this is ultimately how we are told that not even our children are our own.

The unfortunate reality about these games is that all of the tributes have a will to live, and so we will all ultimately fight amongst our fellow brothers and sisters for that privilege. I know that I am not above this will to live.

So I, Molly Renata, will win these games. I will live.

Welcome, citizens of Panem to the 66th Annual Hunger Games!

I am your Chili, your president. These games are an important reminder of the cost of peace and happiness. To the spectators, may you enjoy the pageant, and to the tributes, we honor your bravery and sacrifice! This game begins with ALL players starting as vanilla town (District Aligned) or vanilla scum (Career Aligned).

Below, please find the list of Tributes, participating in this year’s games. Each tribute has been issued a score with their likelihood to make a deep run in the games. These scores were determined by an anonymous judgement council. The scores are from 1-12 with 1 being the lowest, and 12 being the highest. Please find a judge’s comment accompanying each score.

1. Crazyeyes , 5

Those eyes, THOSE EYES. Those eyes hide the stare of a man who has experienced much pain, but much success. Crazyeyes often feels like he's correct, but a lot of times he just straight up is. A dangerous player with good intuition who must not be overlooked.

2. Hal Incandenza, 7

A long time veteran of the art of mafia, and could be considered the "sleeping dragon" of this game. What he lacks in flair he makes up for in substance

3. JakeP, 7

Usually thought of as the funny man of mafia, this guy can hide behind his humor and slip under the radar, appealing to the fans to get donations while performing surprisingly well in the scum hunting or town camouflaging aspect of the game. His only downfall is that he sometimes lacks the persuasion necessary to get people to follow his cases.

4. John Cena, 4

We have bad news for ya Cena: Bray Wyatt is one of this years major sponsors. Best of luck.

5. KhyrosFinalCut, 8

When KFC is on his game, he's the guy everybody is raving about. But on the other hand, if he spends too much time clowning around, he can cause problems for his own team. He needs to settle down, focus, and stare deep at his opponents if he wants a shot at this.

6. Lumpen, 4

Between Schilender and Bucket when it comes to memorable lists. This does not, however, keep Lumpen off my poo poo list.

7. Meinberg, 7

Comedy relief. Has no idea why he is here. Might survive this like Ernest, know what I mean Vern?

8. merk, 11

A perennial favorite, he was one of the ones who got the biggest contributions in the last Hunger Games competition. However, you know who else knows this fact? His rivals. Unlike Yuming, merk has merkfear going against him, and that may lead to his untimely demise when it matters the most.

9. Pander, 8

Once said the n word.

10. Philip J. Fry, 7

A relative unknown which will hurt his chances of getting donations among the newer generation of mafia players, and while he is actually a veteran of the game, his last game was over a year ago, so he may have some mafia rust on him. That being said, being a relative unknown in the field can help since people will be less likely to use meta on him and if he can knock off some of the ring rust he has on him, he could be the dark horse of this game.

11. Propaganda Machine, 4

She has only one game under her belt, and that inexperience can hurt her with both donations and gameplay. One positive, however, is that mafia players tend to let the newer people get away with more, and if she can use this to her advantage, she can do some damage.

12. Sandwolf, 7

Sandwolf can be a good player, but the real question here is whether or not he'll be sober enough to play. If the deadline is set anywhere in the evening, there's a good bet he'll be drunk celebrating a basketball championship or maybe vacationing in France or something. Will the other players put up with his shenanigans long enough for him to get a hold on the game? MAYBE!

13. Yuming, 9

Yuming would rate as a double-digit player but we have no idea how busy she'll be! Maybe she'll have a nice break from work where she can really drill down and do some solid hunting, or maybe it'll be a super stressful week and she doesn't know guys she's catching up now.

Please be reminded that these scores are in no way a guarantee of performance in the games.

Standard rules for mafia apply to this game. Everyone here has played mafia on the forums at least once. Please keep in mind that we gamemakers can and will eliminate any tributes who are going against the general spirit of the game. You know what not to do, don’t do bad things

Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Tributes, please confirm your interest (not that you have any choice it the matter) by posting in this thread, AND by selecting a number 1-13. Please do not repeat numbers. These numbers will determine your role. All alignment decisions have been predetermined to ensure fairness.

This encryption contains the role distribution: yRFHBwNZ/zaqrEnGfIwzWM3OQyMkjJSj5m7Mutve7CKV21Uc/7dCgFFL1puhDqpfi/oKn7iKGegN5T1J
6uRV0tklPIZRpXbCRK6sviVI+Manph42g8hi5luNyr5POSY4JBvp3yn9G2mjfqTDItN47ZPBOb68GOt8
X8B9AfSKJFNwz6O/VenZTMoax9jWxYtcQD3ggIATh4HSK7aZYP1mpwyxjczn39kYNgVnq2iysaf9SNcP
3GSSit1bHx0jAoFPm3wPWdFBkmAxGYdxTA/RkA==

After the game, I will release information on how to decrypt that sequence, ensuring that the role delegation is entirely random.

Living Players

1. Hal Incandenza
  2. JakeP
  3. Meinberg
  4. Pander
  5. Propaganda Machine
  6. Sandwolf
  7. yuming

Dead Tributes

KhyrosFinalCut Tribute Aligned
John Cena Career Aligned
Lumpen Tribute Aligned
Philip J. Fry Tribute Aligned
Crazyeyes Tribute Aligned
merk Tribute Aligned

Chili fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Are you an avid spectator? Is someone playing in these games that you hope to see survive to the end? Someone whom you want to see empowered to go on a killing spree? Or perhaps someone who has wronged you?

Good news! You can get involved!

By donating money to THE CHARITY OF YOUR CHOICE and providing a receipt to me via e-mail GotNoFaith AT Gmail DOT com, you earn yourself access to The Hunger Games Bazaar, a one stop shop for all of your item based needs! For the inventory of our fine shop, please check the following post. When you purchase an item, you may send it to the player of your choice, along with a message containing up to 10 words.

For those of you who remember the 65th games, this is where the familiarty ends. For this game, we will be featuring two new components to our store.

First we are proud to be opening Dy’s Auction House. During each day, spectators will be encouraged to bid on an item that will be exclusive to the auction house! When the hammer falls, or the day ends, the highest bidder shall procure the item being bid on. These auctions will occur in a special location, AVAILABLE BY REQUEST VIA PM TO CHILI or DY. which SPECTATORS ONLY may drop in on.

Second we are launching the Tribute Raffle! Before the game begins all of the TRIBUTES are encouraged to donate money to their favorite charities, and submit their receipt. Once the game begins, for every dollar a tribute has donated, they receive one raffle ticket.

If a spectator wishes to, they may send their item to the Tribute Raffle, at which point we will draw a name out of the pool. The name we draw goes to the spectator, at which point you may write a message to the player, the item will go to the player drawn as well as your message. This is a great way to reward the charitable nature of your tributes!

Also!

There will be a drawing at the end of the game. Every dollar donated gets you a ticket for the drawing.

Prizes!

3rd Prize: Avatar Certificate
2nd Prize: Choice of Avatar Certificate/Forums Upgrade/Archives/10 Amazon Gift Card
1st Prize: 100 Additional dollars matched to your charity!

Chili fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 25, 2014

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
The Hunger Games Bazaar is now open
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75bh7QtX0I

Once an item is purchased from the store, it must be sent, immediately, to a player.

At the start of Night 3, these item costs will double! You can, however, donate all the money you would like, have it count, and then buy items as you wish by requesting via PM.

Please keep in mind that unless an item is "status", or a message, it will require activation and a player can only activate one item per night.

There will be more exciting opportunities to purchase other mysterious items in Dy's Auction House, so don't feel limited to this!

2.50 - One Shot, Bodyguard
2.50 - One Shot, Unlimited Character Message to Player (Susceptible To Humorous and Fascistic Censoring)
5.00 - One Shot, Unlimited Character Message to Player (Uncensorable)
5.00 - One Shot Doctor
7.50 - Bullet
7.50 - One Shot Track/Watch/Roleblock
10.00 - One Shot Night Revolver, One Shot Day Revolver
10.00 - Mason Pairing (Choose both players to pair)
10.00 - One Shot Bulletproof (Must be Activated)
10.00 - One Shot Cop/One Shot Kill Empower
15.00 - Permanent Roleblocker
15.00 - Permanent Day Doctor (activate at night, protect another player from day kills ((not lynches)) for the following day)
15.00 - Permanent Doctor (No Self Protection)
20.00 - Permanent Tracker/Watcher
20.00 - Hated Status (One less vote required to lynch)
25.00 - Permanent Cop/Permanent Kill Empower
30.00 - One Shot Roleblock against the recipient.
30.00 - Bulletproof (Status, Requires No Activation)

For the One Shot Revolvers and Bullets. These items grant kill potential. Should you wish to grant a tribute with a vig kill, you must first buy one of the guns from the store. These guns may be fired at their specified time, and only once. Each gun can hold 6 bullets, but can only be fired once. For each bullet purchased for the gun, the tribute will gain a ⅙ chance of their kill succeeding. So if you were to buy a One Shot Night Gun and 4 bullets for 30 dollars, You would be empowering a player with a one shot night vig that has a 66% chance of firing and landing a kill.

Tributes will have an opportunity to donate money NOW and ending when the game launches. For every dollar a tribute donates to the charity of their choice, they earn one raffle ticket (send me a receipt of your charitable donation). The spectators who then decide to make donations will have the option of giving an item to a player of their choice, or putting their item into the Tribute Raffle to help encourage the charitable nature of the tributes!

So, in short, if a tribute donates money, they are more likely to receive sponsorship. I would ask, to help keep the spirit of the game and mysterious that people keep conversation on how much they are going to donate/how many items they plan on sending to the raffle to a minimum.

:siren: More Store Information (Inventory) To Follow :siren:

Chili fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 28, 2014

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

AUCTION HOUSE

Each day, I will auction off unique items with powers not seen on the normal store, some of which could be extremely powerful. The auctions will open at the start of each day and close at the end (which means the highest bidder at the time of the hammer will win).

If you are playing the game, do not access or view the auction house items. To remove this temptation, players will only be able to access the auction house through an external site with a password. Anyone will be granted access except current players of the game.

Spectators only can access the auction house here. PM me for the password!

mega dy fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 27, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm number one!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Also, pre alignments going out, I want Merk and Yuming dead because they have a higher score than me. KFC and Pander us 8s gotta stick together

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Yuming first though

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I choose 7.

It's the sexiest number.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

This encryption contains the role distribution: yRFHBwNZ/zaqrEnGfIwzWM3OQyMkjJSj5m7Mutve7CKV21Uc/7dCgFFL1puhDqpfi/oKn7iKGegN5T1J
6uRV0tklPIZRpXbCRK6sviVI+Manph42g8hi5luNyr5POSY4JBvp3yn9G2mjfqTDItN47ZPBOb68GOt8
X8B9AfSKJFNwz6O/VenZTMoax9jWxYtcQD3ggIATh4HSK7aZYP1mpwyxjczn39kYNgVnq2iysaf9SNcP
3GSSit1bHx0jAoFPm3wPWdFBkmAxGYdxTA/RkA==
After the game, I will release information on how to decrypt that sequence, ensuring that the role delegation is entirely random.

Quoting this so there is no editing question.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'd also like to point out that our judges are fools. They have no idea what sort of power I have. I am no mere comic relief, here to cavort for the pleasure of the undiscerning eye. I may be no master at this game, but I am not the rank amateur that I once was. My wit and insight may be mocked and scorned, but so was Cassandra, and my intellect is as keen as her gift for prophecy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

I'd also like to point out that our judges are fools. They have no idea what sort of power I have. I am no mere comic relief, here to cavort for the pleasure of the undiscerning eye. I may be no master at this game, but I am not the rank amateur that I once was. My wit and insight may be mocked and scorned, but so was Cassandra, and my intellect is as keen as her gift for prophecy.

At least you aren't one of those 4/5 scrubs lol

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JakeP posted:

At least you aren't one of those 4/5 scrubs lol

Well, some of them just need a crash course and I expect will do better than projected, once they're into the flow of things. Others, well... Lumpen is a name spoken of in certain tones. I've never actually played with him, all I know is the tales.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
You gave me an 8 so 8 is what I will give you.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

You gave me an 8 so 8 is what I will give you.

I was not a judge. The judges spent many hours deliberating over these numbers, and I laughed while they did so, but I did not partake in the scoring.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think the judges are pretty spot on. Great judging guys

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Confirming

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
someones 2 cool 4 a number

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Well 4 seems fitting I guess :mad:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Also: Great assessment of me. Super classy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Life in the Chicago district is tough. We are genetically mapped to be born to play the games, so it's no surprise that I find myself again at the top of the ratings.

But I didn't want this burden. I am no hero.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah, those Trader Joes are deathtraps.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Life in the Chicago district is tough. We are genetically mapped to be born to play the games, so it's no surprise that I find myself again at the top of the ratings.

But I didn't want this burden. I am no hero.

Pick a drat number, you bozo.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Hi, 6. I'm traveling for the long weekend.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Can I take 11? Was it taken?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Can I take 11? Was it taken?

You're fine

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Four numbers remain; 3, 5, 9, and 12

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

Yuming first though
Rude >:|

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Chili posted:

Four numbers remain; 3, 5, 9, and 12

This one chooses nine.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Also what day will we actually start. Need to know what time I need my donation in by

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Crazyeyes posted:

Also what day will we actually start. Need to know what time I need my donation in by

Monday. Should launch when I get home from work, 5:30 PM Eastern

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Chili posted:

Monday. Should launch when I get home from work, 5:30 PM Eastern

RIP working on Memorial Day.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Crazyeyes posted:

RIP working on Memorial Day.

Oh... poo poo.

That's right.

:siren:Let's start this thing on Tuesday!:siren:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

gently caress you guys took all the good numbers.

I guess... 5

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
And that leaves 3 for John Cena!

Numbers are in, alignments and roles have been determined!

I will be sending out role PM's sometime tomorrow, the game will be launching Tuesday morning, as well as THE FIRST AUCTION. Though most auctions are going to be secret, we will be announcing the first item in the thread tomorrow as well!

Stay tuned!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I choose 3. Ranked dead last on this list, huh? I guess you could say....the odds are against John Cena, once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey 8's can I join you? These other 7's are kind of not really filling me with confidence.

• Locked thread