Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

u love to see it, folks

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

thinking about giving my guy a beach ball or smtfhin

vanisher

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

aaaaaa you're the best!!

nut

nut posted:

u love to see it, folks

Goons Are Gifts

Just to confirm Pahilla, your av was gone after re-regging? I'm asking because Jeffrey actually changed the fact that autobans remove your av, but maybe his change didn't work and I think you're the first genuine accidental autoban we had since the change

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Goons Are Great posted:

Just to confirm Pahilla, your av was gone after re-regging? I'm asking because Jeffrey actually changed the fact that autobans remove your av, but maybe his change didn't work and I think you're the first genuine accidental autoban we had since the change

Hiya GaG—yessiree bob it was all gone, part of the reason I panicked. glad to be a beta tester and help troubleshoot, its kind of my thing :banjo:

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

FluffieDuckie

vanisher posted:

RIP fluffy duckie gone but not forgotten

I'M RIGHT HERE :argh:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

vanisher

can you hear her voice in the breeze?

(jk hi FD hope you are well)

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Pahilla the Hun posted:

Hiya GaG—yessiree bob it was all gone, part of the reason I panicked. glad to be a beta tester and help troubleshoot, its kind of my thing :banjo:

you're a modern day pioneer pahilla, and for that we salute you

Goons Are Gifts

Pahilla the Hun posted:

Thank you for your service :patriot:

edit: Just as an update, your sacrifice was not wasted, jeff found some fancy code behind it and figured out what happened. Thanks to you, future accidental autoban victims may see more mercy for their poor souls!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 12, 2020

Pahilla the Hun

Goons Are Great posted:

edit: Just as an update, your sacrifice was not wasted, jeff found some fancy code behind it and figured out what happened. Thanks to you, future accidental autoban victims may see more mercy for their poor souls!

great!!! glad to help, friends!

also--can't wait to see what nut comes up with i am so excited :f5:

thanks nesamdoom!!

nut

Pahilla the Hun posted:

great!!! glad to help, friends!

also--can't wait to see what nut comes up with i am so excited :f5:

Hmm, I might need some more inspiration, I tried to start with ur last post and found a pic of a hiwatt amp head but immediately got distracted making this KOTH joke about it (which I do not think is a good av but i do think is funny)

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

nut posted:

Hmm, I might need some more inspiration, I tried to start with ur last post and found a pic of a hiwatt amp head but immediately got distracted making this KOTH joke about it (which I do not think is a good av but i do think is funny)

Lol. Stick it in kitty jail with whoever had the ‘propaned’ av (resting lich face?) for a while

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Pahilla the Hun

nut posted:

this made me lol, but i agree...let me think :420: more about it and see if i can't inspire--thanks for even taking a crack it actually kind of looks like me tbh

e: maybe i need a funnier username? this was a nickname a friend of mine in high school gave me but it does not really inspire much

Pahilla the Hun fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 12, 2020

thanks nesamdoom!!

Stooge

hey yobbers, I'm trying to make this gif from Fargo into a cinemagraph sorta thing:

What I want is the car to stay still, with just the BOWL lights flashing in that pattern on repeat... for eternity. I think that'd make a cool sig, maybe, or just a fun gif to look at.

But when I tried to do it, the bowl sign melted into goop (not good):

Anyone got any tips on cleaning up this mess? I'm using gimp, but is there a better GIF making software I should use?

Any advice? (I'm gonna try and make it myself cos I wanna learn how to do gifs, but I might come back begging for help from skilled yobbers).

postfully yours,
Stooge

vanisher

Stooge posted:

hey yobbers, I'm trying to make this gif from Fargo into a cinemagraph sorta thing:

What I want is the car to stay still, with just the BOWL lights flashing in that pattern on repeat... for eternity. I think that'd make a cool sig, maybe, or just a fun gif to look at.

But when I tried to do it, the bowl sign melted into goop (not good):

Anyone got any tips on cleaning up this mess? I'm using gimp, but is there a better GIF making software I should use?

Any advice? (I'm gonna try and make it myself cos I wanna learn how to do gifs, but I might come back begging for help from skilled yobbers).

postfully yours,
Stooge

try to "unoptimize" first, then delete frames, then reoptimize for gif

Filters > Animation > Unoptimize (at the bottom)

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

if you optimize, don't change the image scale. Better to Unoptimize then shrink/expand the gif, then reoptimize after shrinking/expanding

e: oh yes optimizing and unoptimizing is very CPU heavy so be patient and watch the bottom bar for progress

e. e.: I only use gimp personally

vanisher fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 12, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I gave it a whirl and used the original, cropped the beginning and end, and optimized it. How's this?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

vanisher

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I gave it a whirl and used the original, cropped the beginning and end, and optimized it. How's this?

it looks good.

Something I will do is blend frames together or reverse frames to make them seamlessly transition

You can copy a frame and then reduce its opacity then do the same thing with the next frame but a little less, etc, so that the end blends into the beginning.

Another thing I hate doing is making the canvas slightly smaller and moving the base images so they don't jiggle. I think Photoshop has a tool for this but for an image with <20 frames its not too hard.

vanisher

Another trick when the animation is simple (like a neon sign) is to just make a couple frames and change the timings. So for this there's really 5 frames, one for each letter, and one for completely blank (https://imgur.com/a/M1N5NmU). We can delete the car and sky from 4 of these, and then play with the frame delay on each until it looks like we want.

This isn't perfect but kind of shows the idea:
https://i.imgur.com/DKOlYmR.gif

vanisher fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 13, 2020

Pahilla the Hun

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

this is awesome only thing i would add is a blinking “smoke a” in cloud font above “bowl” and then spraypaint “killed by Pahilla the Hun” on the VW :evilbuddy:

thanks nesamdoom!!

Stooge

Amazing! Thank you guys.

I should have been thinking of it in simple frames, and not the 100ish frames from the original video.

I'll have another go at it, and try to match your level of quality

Stooge

Hey I sorta did it! I shifted some stuff around, added a lovely Y and B(y)ob's your uncle:

nut

Stooge posted:

Hey I sorta did it! I shifted some stuff around, added a lovely Y and B(y)ob's your uncle:

omg this is so good

Pahilla the Hun

Stooge posted:

tremendous!!

thanks nesamdoom!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

nut posted:

omg this is so good

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

vanisher

Stooge posted:

A+!

Twenty Four

Stooge posted:

This is the equivalent to magic to me

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Stooge posted:

:nice:

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Stooge

Thanks all! I hope you had as much fun watching it, as I did making it. (Seriously, thank you for the help and tips).

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Stooge posted:

Thanks all! I hope you had as much fun watching it, as I did making it. (Seriously, thank you for the help and tips).

It's beyond bitchin. Now get out there and post!

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Pahilla the Hun

so i think maybe i need to drag this over to the sig thread, but here's where i was going with it

i would really like if the on/off light blinked so i will give that a go though i am still new to gifs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thanks nesamdoom!!

vanisher

Pahilla the Hun posted:

so i think maybe i need to drag this over to the sig thread, but here's where i was going with it

i would really like if the on/off light blinked so i will give that a go though i am still new to gifs

In GIMP you can "export as gif" and choose to make it an animation. The frames are the layers in the image. Just make two identical layers, then draw on one, then play with the frame delay until it's how you like.

vanisher

vanisher

Pahilla the Hun posted:

great sig by the way!

Pahilla the Hun

wow that's perfect, super subtle and i understand the frames element now, my last attempt was a bit spastic to say the least...

vanisher posted:

great sig by the way!

thank you and seriously appreciate your reply, i am going to work on tweaking the knobs now :evilbuddy:

thanks nesamdoom!!

vanisher

You're welcome! Just wait till you start obsessing about making it perfect and having byobers tell you its beautiful but secretly in your heart you know you could have done better, then you're really making sigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pahilla the Hun

vanisher posted:

You're welcome! Just wait till you start obsessing about making it perfect and having byobers tell you its beautiful but secretly in your heart you know you could have done better, then you're really making sigs

as soon as i read your compliment i thought "i can do better" oh crap i'm done for

thanks nesamdoom!!