Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.ustream.tv/njpwjp - buy on the Japanese page to save 5 bucks, replays available on demand for one week

I've heard some people say there's a preshow starting at 1:45, so you may want to check in 15 minutes early.

Yes, NJPW's usually sound booking has left fans on both sides of the Pacific confused and unhappy recently. No one wants to see two Gracies matches on one show, the undercard is stale, and a streak of excellent gates seems in huge danger of coming to an end after reports of incredibly poor advances have circulated from reliable sources this week.

To look on the bright side though, Ishii/Ibushi should be absolutely magnificent, many feel Okada may regain his belt, Tanahashi and Shibata are going to square off, and if you live in North America this card is at a much better timeslot than most NJPW shows. This was supposed to be one of the biggest shows of the year and let's hope they deliver and get the company heading back in the right direction.

quote:

CARD

Main Event - IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match
AJ Styles(C) vs. Kazuchika Okada

Co Main - IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match
Shinsuke Nakamura(c) vs. Daniel Gracie

#1 Contender's Match for IWGP Tag Team Championship
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Tougi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto and Katsuyori Shibata

NEVER Openweight Championship Match :swoon:
Tomohiro Ishii(c) vs. Kota Ibushi

Prowrestling vs. Jiu-jitsu :smithicide:
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Rolles Gracie

Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale

Toru Yano and Takashi Iizuka vs. Minoru Suzuki and Shelton X Benjamin

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match
Ten-Cozy(Hiroyoshi Tenzan&Satoshi Kojima) vs. Bruce Tharpe (represented by Rob Conway and Wes Brisco) vs. K.E.S (Lance Archer and DBS Jr.)

Nagata, Nakanishi, Honma, and Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Tama Tonga)

Road to BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. XXI
Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, El Desperado, and Mascara Dorada vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, BUSHI, KUSHIDA, and Alex Shelley

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime
Feb 21, 2003
Two Gracie matches and another god drat Yano vs Suzuki match, why do this to me and me specifically

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Do people actually want them to put the belt back on Okada? Hotshotting the belt like that is always a bad idea IMO. Would it be purely due to the fans' reaction? It seems unbelievable they planned it like that from the start.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dunbar posted:

Do people actually want them to put the belt back on Okada? Hotshotting the belt like that is always a bad idea IMO. Would it be purely due to the fans' reaction? It seems unbelievable they planned it like that from the start.

I'd personally give AJ a chance, but it wouldn't shock me if they did have in planned that way. Have the new BC guy win by bullshit to establish him as a threat while protecting Okada, give it back to Okada to set up the big money match with Shinsuke later on.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ishii vs ibushi is probably going to be loving crazy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dunbar posted:

Do people actually want them to put the belt back on Okada?

yes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ive gone from not wanting to miss a show to really not caring about njpw and i really hope this show is great. was spoiled in 2013 no doubt but the booking and more importantly the match quality has really suffered lately

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

ive gone from not wanting to miss a show to really not caring about njpw and i really hope this show is great. was spoiled in 2013 no doubt but the booking and more importantly the match quality has really suffered lately

same, gracies are a snorefest and much as i do like AJ, he's over like a fart in church and the Bullet Club is pretty much the same every show

hopefully they shake things up soon

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Dave Meltzer @davemeltzerWON posted:

So weird to see a New Japan PPV show ticket window with seats available in several price ranges morning of show.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Two Gracies singles matches! :shepspends:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Set looks cool at least.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Wait this thing is in 40 minutes?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Wait this thing is in 40 minutes?

Yeah, though it's now 30.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Thauros posted:

Yeah, though it's now 30.

OH WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Nakamura please knee a Gracie to death tia

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I really have to sleep but I'm gonna catch a replay here soon. Someone post in the NJPW GDT and tell me if Ishii/Ibushi is as good as I know it's gonna be

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yottsume ‏@puro_yottsume 2m

All seats were still available whe I bought the ticket at the door 20 minutes ago.

Hopefully it fills up a bit more

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Thanks to the opening video I now know Ludvig Borga was in NJPW in the early 90s :psyduck:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am psyched for this show, not entirely sure why.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice they're using footage from the ROH shows

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How long till this starts? Have I already missed it?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

preshow now. hey if you were at that hammerstein show your voice was probably just on an njpw show!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the floor looks pretty well populated at least

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

How long till this starts? Have I already missed it?

Entrances for the first match just started

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that set is actually bonkers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looks I got in just in time, though to be honest I'm only buying this to see Ishii/Ibushi and AJ/Okada. I like Nakamura but there is no way in hell his match isn't the drizzling shits.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Desperado gets separate entrance. Huh.

YES THEY HAVE THE INCREDIBLE SINGING WK8 RING ANNOUNCER

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Looks I got in just in time, though to be honest I'm only buying this to see Ishii/Ibushi and AJ/Okada. I like Nakamura but there is no way in hell his match isn't the drizzling shits.

The tag match could be really loving good too considering the participants and the fact that they seem to be building something with Tana and Shibata.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Behold as I take off my mask to reveal my true face.... another mask!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is this face team vs face team?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
lol is that lenne hardt doing announcing??

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Is this face team vs face team?
Yep, billed as a preview of next months junior tournament.

Yuriy posted:

lol is that lenne hardt doing announcing??

It's the imitation Lenne Hardt from the Tokyo Dome show.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Thauros posted:

It's the imitation Lenne Hardt from the Tokyo Dome show.

This is bullshit

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

timesplitters second best tag team in the world

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Not a great match by any stretch and a lot of the moves were pretty contrived, but they looked cool!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he landed on his feet how in the world

Taguchi doesn't seem to offer much seems like they could've done more with him vanquishing Devitt

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Crowd seems good at least

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

Crowd seems good at least

Yeah, better than I was afraid of given the lovely attendance reports in a big arena.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why doesn't Yujiro have any sexy talents? where's the Ms. Bullet Club contest???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That entranceway/ramp is pretty loving cool.

• Locked thread