Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was relatively clean too, I hope this isn't the last Styles/Okada match we see because I feel like they can do far better than this match (which was quite good), and goddammit I want to see Okada beat Styles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Let's reach into the bag of NWO catchphrases & see what we come up with...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pretty soon I'm gonna have to teach all the little marks at my junior high school what the phrase "TOO SWEET" is, lol. they also all think I'm Karl Anderson too.

Okada's dropkick is a thing of beauty, and I love that it can also be his Ric Flair "tossed off the top rope" Flying Nothing spot too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Let's reach into the bag of NWO catchphrases & see what we come up with...

Yeah, that was kinda awful.

I like that Bullet Club spent so long failing to get the best of Okada and now they seem to have finally figured out how to keep him beat, but I wonder how long they're planning on keeping the belt on AJ. Will we see him wrestle other opponents and then have Okada get his vengeance, or are they seriously looking at just moving on and leaving Okada a beaten man? The storyline seems to NEED Okada to get the win over AJ, but they can't do it too soon, so how to keep him relevant in the meantime?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Good show. Definitely back on the right track barring another sudden left turn into stupid.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Looking forward to a legitimate Chaos babyface run. They've barely been heels for months, anyway.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I sure am psyched for AJ's next challenger.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

ROLLES GRACIE!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

They're gonna wait until after the BOSJ tournament to build for that, I think.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The interesting part is that there is no clear cut challenger that makes sense with the current booking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I kind of regret choosing this show over UFC. Oh well I got to see Ishii/Ibushi so I don't regret it too much.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Looking forward to a legitimate Chaos babyface run. They've barely been heels for months, anyway.

well, they've split off two of the guys who could still be traditional heels or get that reaction. Yano Toru has been getting comedy pops since last year, everyone else is over since they're respected, and Okada has basically been a Stone Cold-ish badass face since he won the belt last year too.

they are priming Bullet Club to get their comeuppance sooner than later. I think at least one or two guys challenge Styles and Okada makes a run through G1 this summer to get that shot back. Maybe he wins it at the Dome, finally?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I was planning to wake up and watch the show ASAP, but it sounds like it was more of a "whenever you get around to it" kind of show. I think the first BOSJ iPPV is next weekend.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
No wonder Ibushi feels tired with the dual schedule.

He worked the opening match for today's midday DDT show in Nagoya and zoomed to Yokohama for the NJPW show. It takes around 1.5-2 hours to get to Yokohama from Nagoya with the bullet train, but the stress of traveling across the country on a tight schedule can take it's toll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I for one love the Bullet Club just shamelessly ripping off the nWo.

That was a solid show overall, would've been a great $15 show. Merely decent at $20. Pretty rough to book a big return show in that arena and the put so many heels over though. Well I guess Ishii is only a heel relative to Ibushi, maybe.

• Locked thread