Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Not unless you are pulling it or throwing the dice on a Honda kid's project motor (I wouldn't).

I've wanted a cheap Honda to make quick and still get ridiculous gas mileage, but the premium they command over here is ridiculous.

I say just turbo what you have. You want cheap? Go eBay everything. The quality is meh but you can't beat it for the price. And it'll make enough power to break something if you really wanted to.

Intercooler kit, cast turbo manifold, small turbo, bigger injectors, exhaust and a chipped/modded ecu and you'll be getting tickets in no time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Do they make any t25 or 16g based kits?
That chinabay t3t4 will be super laggy. I have one in my 2.1l Volvo and I don't get full boost til 3500 rpm. That's almost a 3rd more displacement.

Get something smaller.

Don't forget you can't just slap this on and go. You need fueling mods or else the fun will be very short lived. Bigger injectors, fuel pump and a tune/chip/megasquirt/hondata etc is basically a must for any sort of reliability. Otherwise the motors life will be measured in minutes if the stock stuff will even let you get into boost.

The manifolds are cheap, you'll be able to reuse most of the intake/intercooler piping and exhaust when you switch motors.

Boost is one hell of a drug...

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Are you required to pass emissions testing?

And for the love of god run the goddamn silencer on the muffler. They are ear splittingly annoying without it.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Dude.

Hardware store. Or better yet, a fastener store like Fastenal or your local equivalent.

Take the bent one with you so they can match it up.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Just get a junkyard regulator. They're usually impossible to weld to.

Also, is there a Honda Facebook group where you're at? The kiddies on the local one usually unload things astronomically cheap. Except for whole cars.

I got a real tial wastegate on a Honda cast manifold for $80. Speaking of... I'll post pictures of the manifold. If it will work for you, just pay me shipping and it's yours.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Holdbrooks posted:

sold by ilovetacotaco, seems legit. Probably not worse than what you have I guess.

Fairly well known chinacharger system seller in the Miata community :heysexy:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Get megasquirt, and that way you can do the tuning yourself, and resell or reuse it on any other project when you crush this abomination.

I keep forgetting to grab that manifold, I'll try and remember this week.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

For once I agree with hotCanadianchick.

That's what I plan to do soon.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

You're also forgetting that there are thousands of S2ks that were "totalled" because someone cut the top and stole the 10k seats, so they could sell them on craigslist for 600 dollars.

Dammit was about to post this. This happened to a surprising amount of cars.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I thought Honda's used hondabond.

(Which is the poo poo by the way)

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Hondabond will also supposedly not clog oil passageways and pickups if you use too much.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Who the hell recommends a yaris?
Have you sat in one? Priced one out?

The Toyota tax is retarded on those and the fit and finish is worse than a 90s tercel or early echo.

I would much rather drive a base Rio than that shitbag.

That said, the Ford fiesta and Mazda offerings are on another step higher in quality for the bottom basement segment that they're in. Drive the Hyundai/KIA/dodge/Toyota/Nissan segment competitor then drive the fiesta. The interior is so much nicer, fit and finish is great, and the sound deadening makes it feel like you're in something better.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

^^ this

Sometimes move the cam a little before the mark, wrap the belt around it, and then move the cam to get all the slack off that side before slipping it onto the tensioner.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

The crank seems off a tooth, doesn't it? Shouldn't the mark be in the center of the v notch?

I don't know about your mini-me, but I've been told normal single cams can run something like 3 teeth off before valves hit pistons.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I used to be able to find crush washers at Ace hardware, but it's been hit or miss lately.

Fastenal has them, or you could always McMaster them.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

It's rarer, everything is pretty much flared or quick disconnect.

I just checked Fastenal and it looks like they only have big ones for drain plugs.

Harbor freight has an assortment but they're SAE. You might be able to make them work.
Honda dealer might be the way to go, or maybe talk to an independent service place. I get all of my sealing washers from the local Volvo independent service.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I would leave the brass one in there. It is more corrosion proof and won't have a galvanic reaction with the aluminum like a steel fitting would.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

It's got a VTEC head and eBay exhaust. I don't understand why you all think stock looking hubcaps are the way to go.

Just rattle can the wheels black and sell the car to a JDM yo Honda kid for $2k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I wish someone offered me an AK, all I get is Walmart special shotguns.

• Locked thread