Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Hell yes, '90s Civic tune-a-thon! Always wanted something Honda from that era because of how easy they are to work on and make stupid fast. Plus fuckin' double-wishbone suspension front and rear on an appliance car is awesome, old Hondas handle so good. I know dick about their engines though (other than B18/H22/F20/2 being good engines), being more of a Toyota guy, so I'll just cheer from the sidelines.

Every one of those that pops up for sale around here is either riced to oblivion and costs $texas or is just run into the ground, rusty, and is still $2k minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Use the hood to cut out patch-panels for the rear quarters.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
This is the only time ever that I actually want to hear a lovely fart-can exhaust. :allears:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The exhaust studs on my Celica (head studs and down pipe) look just as rusty as those and I've taken the manifold off several times without any problems at all.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

leica posted:

Don't forget to put R emblems on every body panel.

Also VTEC call-outs, everywhere.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
There is a severe lack of downforce on the rear of this car, and you know that's super important on a fwd car right bro?

What are you thinking for a wing; big, swoopy fiberglass or multi-level aluminum park bench?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Astonishing Wang posted:

Why u no work on car?

He's taking a month or so break from the forums, hopefully when he comes back there will be some progress.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Yay, it's good to see you posting again, Rhyno :)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

88h88 posted:

Construction is one of those businesses that will tell you "it'll be ready in 3 months and it'll cost $40k" and you know it'll actually be 6 months and $80k.

I've never known ANY construction to go according to timescales or budget.

My job just built a new building that was constructed on time* and under budget** :downs:

*got a temporary occupancy permit approved at 11:42am the day it was supposed to be "done".

**because they "borrowed" $1.2m from the renovation budget of another building so they wouldn't have to ask for more for this one.

loving lol

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo dude, that looks awesome (minus the neighbors being close enough to spit on, but that's just me). Congratulations!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

Well actually we're the end unit and the next unit will be the office/model home. No neighbors!

Oh, well in that case gently caress yeah!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Hubcaps are terrible, full stop. Every car I've had with hubcaps the caps have been thrown into the trash as soon as I got home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
lol I may not have many friends but at least mine aren't completely worthless assholes. You desperately need to find a way out of Indiana.

The Civic looks great, any plans to paint the grilles on the bumper in black? I think it would give the car a more finished look, but that's me.

• Locked thread