Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
You are truly AI.

Air cooled is one thing, air cooled in AZ is another. Air cooled in Phoenix is downright insanity!

Looking forward to updates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Are the headlights rewired with relays?
High wattage lights can burn up old car wiring if you're not careful.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Sounds like vapor lock to me!
Welcome to AZ in an old carburated car!

(My 240z would do this in the summer)

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I understand how a swamp cooler works, and I'm interested in what you have planned for this one. Are you following something specific?

I just got something on the road that needs some cooling asap!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

I also replaced the oil breather and gasoline canister hoses (again, using heater hose; it's all O'reilly's had in 1/2"), because the old ones were either missing or so hard they cracked multiple times.

Expect those to only last a couple of months. NAPA carries bigger hose that is fuel rated, or you could always go to an industrial hose supply place.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Next time wet sand first and then buff?

You pay for cheap paint jobs in hours of labor!
Looks awesome!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

It's not float level if you can back off it and drive fine.

First guess would be accelerator pump (possibly defective?), second would be ignition timing.

Have you had a timing light on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Wait, can you roll onto the throttle? Or will it always cut out at wot, whether you floor it or roll into it?

If it always does it, whether you roll into it or not, then yea, float level.

• Locked thread