Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I missed this as usual :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Finally got the post up. Hooray.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
:wave:

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Clarification: That was turn one. You get your point allocations at the end of round one. This is turn two, and you have whatever you have for points until the end of the round.

Rounds end when everyone admits they've spent everything. Naturally this is something you might want to delay, as once you claim done-ness I'm not letting you drop any more influence in the round. Attack if it seems appropriate, power block forever.

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Hey are you going to recruit new players now that we're back on schedule?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Depends on how many come back this next turn or two.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Yeah I may drop, or I may post today.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Sorry mate I am going to have to drop. I do not think I really understood things properly with regards to the game.

I am so sorry, if there is anything I should do to help out please let me know. Thanks.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Sorry to see you go Josef.

Dibs!

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
What is misunderstood? You're going to get what may seem an insane load of points your next round, and generally more each round thereafter.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

JamezBfod posted:

What is misunderstood? You're going to get what may seem an insane load of points your next round, and generally more each round thereafter.

Its more as in I am not sure how to play Shu effectively and/or with character. I didn't give him enough character to start with and now I find I am having difficulty thinking of things to do.

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Pro-tip - finish off the evil ghost and save the baby.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, interfering with other players' dangerous actions would be a great way to build up Protection, and HUMBLING A SCARY GHOST is up there too.

Also Georg is really lucky that Ricki is low on points, there's no plausible way to drop knives into the garbage disposal without spending attack against both.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ha. I would reveal what the GrAnscestor was really doing but why ruin the fun. Its better to have suspicions and misdirected things occur in games such as these. ;)

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Josef bugman posted:

Its more as in I am not sure how to play Shu effectively and/or with character. I didn't give him enough character to start with and now I find I am having difficulty thinking of things to do.

Then you develop the character. I mean two less-than-benevolent beings just had a showdown related to the child you've been protecting. And now they're both helpless and weak. Like so many dazed field mice.

If I were a protection spirit I'd clean house and make friends.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

JamezBfod posted:

The price of violence. This is good advice. :ghost:

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
This is violence at Bargain-bin prices. For the cost of a slight breeze a player kill can be yours!

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009

JamezBfod posted:

Then you develop the character. I mean two less-than-benevolent beings just had a showdown related to the child you've been protecting. And now they're both helpless and weak. Like so many dazed field mice.

I resent the implication that Georg is bad just because he likes the concept of blood sacrifice. He's just a traditionalist who sees the potential for improvements to a good bake.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Fair enough, there is nothing demanding you require human deaths. Then again it wouldn't hurt your cause, either.

I'm going to update tomorrow unless anyone posts again.

Idea:

48-hour response timer - If a player intends to react to an action, they have (roughly) 48 hours to write a post in the gamethread or at least declare an intent to do so here in the OOC thread. Otherwise I'll assume nobody intends to respond and I'm free to update.

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009

JamezBfod posted:

Fair enough, there is nothing demanding you require human deaths. Then again it wouldn't hurt your cause, either.

Still, it's wasted potential. Dying people eventually stop feeling pain, stop bleeding, and never need to cook again. They're the worst. A medieval flagellant cult headed by Nigella Lawson - that's the kind of thing Georg would want to promote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
I have to shelve this game. Every single time I think I have the free time to update something comes up. Every time.

• Locked thread