Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CapnAndy posted:

Way too many of HHH's pet projects have turned out to be amazing for there to be any doubt left whether having him in charge will be a good thing or not.

His most public pet project was a massive bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp6LXWFNjBE

Triple H owns and needs to run this company forever and ever.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

If you're talking Sin Cara, wasn't that someone else's doing with HHH's name slapped on it because he had just taken over developmental?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you're talking Sin Cara, wasn't that someone else's doing with HHH's name slapped on it because he had just taken over developmental?

Yes, they had been interested in him for years and made the signing all about HHH to give him an easy win. He was also attached to Kharma for the same reason.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Karma was a life issue that I don't think can be pinned on anyone. Sin Card I think was mismanagement in terms of training and style and not having experienced workers for him...and injuries...and nd history with Del Rio. That one maybe.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sin Cara's issue was that he was an rear end in a top hat who refused to compromise

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sin Cara's issue was that he was an rear end in a top hat who refused to compromise

That's what I love most about Sin Cara!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Isn't the Shield a HHH project?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Gatts posted:

Karma was a life issue that I don't think can be pinned on anyone. Sin Card I think was mismanagement in terms of training and style and not having experienced workers for him...and injuries...and nd history with Del Rio. That one maybe.

Why hasn't she come back to WWE?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CapnAndy posted:

It is, but at the same time Vince has the final say in creative so it's hard to say this is a good sign for the future rather than the present. Developmental and the training center are HHH projects through and through and seem like good ideas that will help the company. I don't know what they mean in terms of him being in charge of the entire company, but they are positive signs.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
What happened with Kharma?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

-- Supposedly, last night was Batista's last Raw for the time being. But you know how those things go.

-- Besides being advertised for upcoming house shows, the belief is that Daniel Bryan will be wrestling Kane at TLC, likely in a Buried Alive match.

I assume Bryan means Money in the Bank. One of my favorite things right now is Dave and Bryan not remembering the PPV names. Dave called it "King of the Ring" on the LAW this week.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

He's making JBL wrestle again?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

My favorite Triple H Pet Project was Daniel Bryan's booking in Q4 of 2013

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

She got pregnant right before a massive push.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

CapnAndy posted:

Joey Mercury is the one who's basically been working a lot with them to the point where all three guys consider him an unofficial member of the group. Wasn't he the one who actually came up with the idea too? I mean I guess technically it's a "Triple H pet project" because he's in a higher position of authority and such.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Daniel Bryan posted:

I assume Bryan means Money in the Bank. One of my favorite things right now is Dave and Bryan not remembering the PPV names. Dave called it "King of the Ring" on the LAW this week.

:lol: if he ends up wrestling Kane again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

She got pregnant right after debuting on TV, then had a miscarriage late in the pregnancy which understandably devastated her emotionally. She got terribly out of shape and was in no state to return to work around six months later and was released.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Landstander posted:

:lol: if he ends up wrestling Kane again.

Ehh in kayfabe Kane gave him the neck injury so he needs revenge.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

MassRafTer posted:

She got pregnant right after debuting on TV, then had a miscarriage late in the pregnancy which understandably devastated her emotionally. She got terribly out of shape and was in no state to return to work around six months later and was released.

Aw, geez. That's gotta be so much worse having to play out in public like that. :smith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Teddybear posted:

Aw, geez. That's gotta be so much worse having to play out in public like that. :smith:

It was especially bad because she was so devastated by the miscarriage that she told people she'd had the baby only for it all to come out later.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

She even did a surprise return at the rumble and everything

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Ignore

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp6LXWFNjBE

Triple H owns and needs to run this company forever and ever.

Why doesn't she wear shoes.

And I really hope Brie at least gets to kick the poo poo out Stephanie, she's the only person in this authority that hasn't received her comeuppance.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So did I miss something, or did one Cesaro match end somewhat differently than usual and suddenly everyone's all :byodood: OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ONE RANDOM GERMAN SUPLEX IS 100% DEFINITELY NOW HIS NEW PRIMARY FINISHER THAT HE WILL USE TO BEAT EVERYONE FOREVER AND NEVER USE THE NEUTRALIZER AGAIN WTF WWE :supaburn:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntj7tNZxAvs

Backstage Fallout really should be Alicia Fox interviewing wrestlers. Also, Tom Phillips better be careful. :ohdear:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Why doesn't she wear shoes.

And I really hope Brie at least gets to kick the poo poo out Stephanie, she's the only person in this authority that hasn't received her comeuppance.

So that the people she interviews look taller by comparison.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sticklefifer posted:

So did I miss something, or did one Cesaro match end somewhat differently than usual and suddenly everyone's all :byodood: OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ONE RANDOM GERMAN SUPLEX IS 100% DEFINITELY NOW HIS NEW PRIMARY FINISHER THAT HE WILL USE TO BEAT EVERYONE FOREVER AND NEVER USE THE NEUTRALIZER AGAIN WTF WWE :supaburn:
Honestly that RVD Cesaro match wasn't that bad as other RVD matches have been and the set up for the US Title and Intercontinental matches are probably better than the main event, but worse than the blowoff for the 3MB Matadores feud... Yes I know that's kind of sad.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

He's used it twice now I think but no one is really reacting like that and the response seems positive to it idk?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

sticklefifer posted:

Didn't he win with it last week too?

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
It's just Cesaro's version of a rollup.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I am embarrassed to say I didn't know that Jack Swagger held a lemon hostage. I had no idea why Rose said "nobody touches my lemon". I am a fool.

I don't even know what I thought he was.

sticklefifer posted:

The German Suplex is cool so that would be a rad change.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

HulkaMatt posted:

I am embarrassed to say I didn't know that Jack Swagger held a lemon hostage. I had no idea why Rose said "nobody touches my lemon". I am a fool.

I don't even know what I thought he was.

I still think he looks like a star.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zoomed-in contract from last night

quote:

World Wrestling Entertainment is a creative genius. The whole creation of the universe was fashioned by his ever-toiling hands. All living mortals should praise his name and image.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sweeney Tom posted:

*Vince McMahon

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Suben posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntj7tNZxAvs

Backstage Fallout really should be Alicia Fox interviewing wrestlers. Also, Tom Phillips better be careful. :ohdear:
Alicia Fox is amazing.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Hey, the same goes for Stephanie, too!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sweeney Tom posted:

Seems about right to me, and is also legally binding!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
All living mortals?

So Undertaker and Bray Wyatt exempted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I want a contract signing where they actually go through the contract, make some addendums, sign normally and shake hands.

• Locked thread