Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NienNunb posted:

I don't care about anything going on in this company and ROH is on top of its game.

It's 2006 all over again.

I watched the most recent NJPW show last night, even with the Gracies I think I made the right choice.

I did tune in to Raw to see Daniel Bryan and Stephanie say absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ThePariah posted:

Will Payback be the end of the Cena-Wyatt feud? I can't think of a satisfying end to the story, Cena simply winning when Wyatt doesn't care about wins and losses doesn't seem good enough. I don't see any good feuds for either guy either, Wyatt's already feuded with all the other top faces and Cena with all the top heels.

Yeah that's kinda the problem with this feud. The stakes are so muddled, guys roles aren't clearly defined, I don't think anyone involved has a plan.

The roster is so shallow right now that they can't really make Cena look weak, but I don't see how he gets out of this looking stronger than before it started.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

The Croc posted:

get that 411 recap with all the terrible injokes and stuff that all internet writers do and hope will raise them to legend status.

Best recaps are the ones from some guy there live who has an intense staredown with Randy Orton or whatever

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Speaking of the Divas, is there any word on if Finlay is still their agent? I seem to remember him doing an okay job with the division, given what he had to work with.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sin Cara's issue was that he was an rear end in a top hat who refused to compromise

That's what I love most about Sin Cara!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

XYZ posted:

And he was the first NXT Champion too jesus christ my memory

Haha seriously... I was about to say that Seth was really more of a FCW guy than a NXT guy, then I looked it up and remembered he was the drat NXT champion.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oldpainless posted:

Who was that kid with the Wyatts? Has he shown up anymore? Am I supposed to remember him for story reasons or was it just a thing they decided to do?

Shhhh, if WWE hasn't acknowledged something in a couple weeks we're supposed to forget it ever happened.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Eat My Fuc posted:

He directly answered a question about how it feels to be RETIRED as "it feels good".

he is gone.

Eh I think he's just handling a fluff piece article in a lighthearted manner. Talking about charities he is involved with isn't necessarily the time to talk about his in-ring career.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Suben posted:

Yeah I know the general "pretend anything pre-WWE never happened" deal they tend to take. It's more the actually getting indignant that other people were like "Whoa, Ricochet? He's good!" part.

Yeah it makes no sense, but it's just the way WWE has always been. Hell, they brought in Dusty Rhodes only to do nothing with him.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

I get the sense that the anger has more to do with them simply not wanting people at these camps to be vocal about their thoughts on guys like Ricochet when they come in, which I understand to a certain degree.

Maybe they really do think he hasn't done poo poo yet, but I feel like they just don't want anyone coming into the camps with a big head and having staff and talent talk them up like that is counter to that philosophy.

It's funny to think of a sports team, or hell even a movie, deciding "we don't want to deal with anyone who has a reputation for being awesome before coming to us, god forbid we have to deal with someone with an ego"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sweeney Tom posted:

80 years from now, people will still be saying Punk's coming back any day now

Do people really expect Punk to come back "any day now"? Bringing him back for a C-level show like Payback would be silly. MAYBE Summerslam, but at this point I'm expecting him to sit out until at least the Rumble.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh yeah, I said this last night but anyone who thinks Ziggler is a better worker than Tyson Kidd really should check out yesterday's NXT main event.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Is the post show on the Network? Cause reading the reactions to it this morning, I wish I would have stayed up to watch it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm impressed with how Cena & Bray saved their feud. What a great match.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does she even still have the Anti-Diva gimmick anymore? Because if so, she's not doing well at carrying it off despite showing that she can do just that when she debuted on NXT. She still has the leather jacket, heavy rock theme, and the 'screaming at nothing in particular' taunt, but her mannerisms outside of that read as an 'aw shucks' babyface that's more suited to Emma or Bayley.

Whether that's direction from higher up or not, it's all over the place.

It's like they expect that the whole WWE audience is familiar with NXT and they will immediately react like the Full Sail crowd.

Which is weird, since they also assume that Raw & Smackdown have different audiences.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Paige's "anti-diva" gimmick doesn't work so well on the main roster because she's actually the most barbie-esque of any the actual top-card divas. Saying that the other divas are "too tan" is...kinda uncomfortable in a feud with Alicia Fox or Tamina.

Barbie must have had one hell of a redesign since I was a kid

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

crackage posted:

CM Punk will be back you loving marks

Seriously.

Maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday he'll think "Hm I can come back for a short retirement run and make A LOT OF MONEY"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Minidust posted:

Is Brock supposed to show up any time soon? The main event heel scene is seriously hurting for someone who is a real threat. All the big heels were vanquished last night except THE DEMON KANE, and he already lost to Bryan in a title match last month.

I could see him coming back to give Summerslam a shot in the arm. Doubt they'd waste one of his appearances on TLC, which usually does ok based on the gimmick alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

wasn't the plan for Brock to work Summerslam and have his program build to a big match at the September show to try to get people to rollover their Network subs?

Don't know what their plan is, but my thinking would be Brock's first match back after beating Undertaker would be bigger than his second match after. So why not do that one match at the September show, if that's what they want?

• Locked thread