Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

My favorite Triple H Pet Project was Daniel Bryan's booking in Q4 of 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

She even did a surprise return at the rumble and everything

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

John Cena is that bully in middle school who's parents think he is perfect and could never do wrong.

I'm John Cena this rules

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

never give up John Cena

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

have no one actually laugh at you for wearing a fedora and being fat.

nah

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Onmi posted:

Hey, that's what NXT is for. Isn't it nice that incoming talent have a place they can go to adapt to a style before debuting on the main roster?

p sure NXT is for churning out cartoon characters who job on the main roster

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Luke Harper
The Shield is not a thing that existed in NXT prior to its debut on the main roster and are we really counting Bryan and Barrett as NXT callups now?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I agree that they were on a show called NXT that did not serve the same purpose or resemble in any way shape or form its modern incarnation

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Just make Sami Zayn one of the Matadors and kill two birds with one stone

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suben posted:

So WWE assumes that if you haven't been in the WWE then you haven't done nothing, got mad that people actually recognized Ricochet and other trainers talked him up so didn't hire him with the excuse of "oh, we have too many small high flyers"? That's retarded, mainly getting mad that people at the tryout had actually heard of Ricochet.

And secondly, you can never have too many high flyers

...not that they do anything with the ones they have

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

I thought Ricochet stopped doing a lot of his high flying stuff. I guess he would have to be a high flyer in WWE though since I all the guys are way bigger than him.

He rarely does the double rotation moonsault but he still does all kinds of crazy poo poo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

The difference between Bryan and Zayn is that HHH picked Zayn.

I'll believe it when I see it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I believe that the Charlotte Flair/Nattie match was the best women's match I have witnessed on WWE television. I would say that the chain wrestling, story and psychology was excellent all around.

Does anyone think that Meltzer will give ratings for those matches?

He will but it'll be a week before the next Observer goes up. He was raving about the women's match on twitter last night (as he should have).

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Fair enough, I agree Bryan needs to tone it down and have always hated the headbutt and cringe at a lot of the topes so I wasn't trying to be disagreeable about the general point, just that I have faith Bryan will be alright as long as he's smart.

Bryan's indie career is pretty much filled with instances of working through injuries he didnt need to because he's a crazy person who loves wrestling. He won't quit unless someone makes him. I'm not saying he's Kurt Angle, but I hope he knows he's making enough money that he can afford to take it easy once in a while

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

I'm not saying he's Kurt Angle,

Because he's clearly Chris Benoit

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

fatherdog posted:

"Booking is a flat circle."
-Michael "Rust" Cole

"wrestling is a squared circle"

- Dustin "'Dust" Rhodes

oatgan fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 30, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm not that far in the series

SOMEONE hasn't read the prequel novella

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is it "Rockumentary" I heard they found those dragon bones in rocks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mad props for breaking the fictional attendance record

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm sure it'll be okay but with a bad build for just about everything it's easy to have low expectations

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

They'd have a pretty valid scapegoat by blaming the fact that they're up against Hawks game 7.

Shouldn't affect the live gate because everybody already bought tickets and nobody cares about hockey so it shouldn't affect the buyrates

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Billy Graham should show some more respect to a hall of famer like Pete Rose

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Seth hasn't even broken a sweat

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I will never, ever give a poo poo about a camel clutch.

why isn't the kick his finisher? I get the whole thing where he asks Lana permission before destroying his opponents but is there nothing impressive and cool he could be doing instead?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he should do a torture rack

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

so hey, I hear the show was actually pretty good? I decided to skip it but it sounds like there were at least two great matches on it so that's not bad considering expectations.

The last couple hours were really good, nothing really standout in the first third of the show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I Before E posted:

Hornswoggle/Torito.

pre-show remains totally separate from the PPV on the network!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Basically the best way to get hooked up with someone in wrestling is to get tossed into a random angle with one another.

RIP Benoit

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Give Brock the title

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Just like Daniel Bryan

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BNB is cool now that he wrestles matches and Sheamus is also cool when he wrestles matches. I would like them to wrestle each other more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

can't defend his title can't make friends smdh daniel bryan

• Locked thread