Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Have you checked out Other > Settings > Adjust Timing? It is literally what saved the game for me. Also try setting your phone or tablet on a table and use your other fingers if you're using thumbs right now, it's what all the pro leet EX Mode Full Combo masters dooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZkTABZmNo

I tried the game on my tablet before my phone and found it a bit awkward, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

So how many of you have to write down that you are a sex offender when applying for jobs?
Just by posting in this thread you're written down. So watch out.

Det_no posted:

I just got a ticket but don't seem to be getting these (I got gold from the regular login bonus.)
Sometimes they come a few hours after playing a song.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

ReidRansom posted:

I tried the game on my tablet before my phone and found it a bit awkward, personally.

The best way to play is whichever way that's more comfortable for you really, like if you want to do something with another hand you can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BtQuTGaAb8

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

:stare:

That's bananas.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
:siren:First English version event is happening after all, starting at 1AM UTC/9PM Eastern/6PM Pacific.:siren:

Put up the strongest green team you can (or whichever team with the highest Pure score), get on a Hard mode song, and hit hoops with the pink hamburgers in them for your free SR card.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Snooping around and stealing info got me this:

Android Troubleshoot

Rooted devices will receive an error and will not be able to play the Love Live! School Idol Festival app.

Listed below are several solutions found to run the app and keep your root.

Note: Try not to install both Xposed and Cydia Substrate at the same time.

Method 1: Disable SuperSU

Method 2: Xposed + RootCloak

1. Install Xposed Framework v2.4.1+

2. Install and run RootCloak

3. Click Add/Remove Apps

4. Make sure you see 'klb.lovelive.com_en' (for ENG) or 'klb.android.lovelive' (for JPN). Add if not listed.

-Stuck on ORANGE SCREEN: Use an earlier version of RootCloak such as RootCloak v1.3

Method 3: Cydia Substrate + RootCloak Plus

1. Install SELinux Mode Changer and set to Permissive

2. Install Cydia Substrate

3. Link Substrate Files and reboot

4. Install and run RootCloak Plus

5. Click Add/Remove Apps

6. Make sure you see 'klb.lovelive.com_en' (for ENG) or 'klb.android.lovelive' (for JPN). Add if not listed.

-If you are unable to Link Substrate Files: Enable your file manager to have root browsing access, go to '/Vendor', hold down '/lib' and select permissions. Make sure the following are checked (or unchecked): http://prntscr.com/3iw19r

Method 4:

Install the modified .apk version. You will NOT be able to make in-game purchases with this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy12av2q05sdb8m/root_klb.android.lovelive_en.apk

https://mega.co.nz/#!eZEA3ZxS!7F_JCBBjMb3lNEM-flxEygPV5fOA5aTlYztptZx1ne0

If all else fails, unroot or play on PC.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

:siren:First English version event is happening after all, starting at 1AM UTC/9PM Eastern/6PM Pacific.:siren:

Put up the strongest green team you can (or whichever team with the highest Pure score), get on a Hard mode song, and hit hoops with the pink hamburgers in them for your free SR card.

Does this mean we can't get the UR Nico anymore?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

beaner69 posted:

Does this mean we can't get the UR Nico anymore?

There should be no change to the premium box, you'll know it's happening when UR Umi comes out.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is that how it works? I don't have a super strong green team, but just hard mode any song on green and hit burgers? Any particular song?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

ReidRansom posted:

Is that how it works? I don't have a super strong green team, but just hard mode any song on green and hit burgers? Any particular song?

Yeah, hit those macaroons and then you should be rewarded with them at the end of the song. Hit "B-sides" in the song selection screen and use the macaroons as currency to get in that for your rewards.

I should correct myself in that you only need your green team for the B-side song.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wait, do I need 11,000 to get that SR? :negative:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

ReidRansom posted:

Wait, do I need 11,000 to get that SR? :negative:

The Hard version of that song gives hundreds of event points each time that you get to do it so that's kind of okay :shepface:

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 31, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Hard version of that song gives hundreds of event points each time that you get to do it so that's kind of okay :shepface:

If you can do it. Goodbye 45 macaroons :negative:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Well, for what it's worth, you can watch these and try to follow along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVehp9_Sx-U

I couldn't find a recording of fingers for Hard Mode, so here's the (possibly upcoming) expert mode for extra-depressing skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uREHcCCyNY

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

:stonklol: that expert mode

Hard I can probably do with a go or two of practice. It's just that first time failing hurts when it's not regular LP or whatever.

e: in any case, I'm not optimistic about getting that SR, but I'm only 15 gems away from an 11 pull. Maybe that'll get me something worthwhile.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 31, 2014

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
gently caress Mermaid Festa on Hard. That is all.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

IDOLA posted:

gently caress Mermaid Festa on Hard. That is all.

Yeah, it took me a long time to get that down. The sudden shifts in rhythm are hard to get used to.

Well, "get down" might be an exaggeration, I'm still at A rank score and only C combo :shepicide:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
This is a really creepy game.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Does second base count as dating cause on average you need about 500 love gems to score a ur from the premium box, urs and merged-up srs say the extra lines wehen you touch them

Second base does not count as dating.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Suspicious Dish posted:

Second base does not count as dating.

Thank you for reading the thread and enlightening me on the subject.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Do you creeps jerk off to this or something.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Al! posted:

Do you creeps jerk off to this or something.

lol also:

Thank you for reading the thread and enlightening me on the subject.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Do you enjoy touching children?

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Note that the anime girl in quoted bunny maid picture has deliberately taken this entire phone game as an opportunity to shamelessly promote herself as an idol character that does not exist in the universe of school idoling.

Yes, that's right. This waifu is trying to act like a waifu so hard that she's gone a level beyond waifu.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

are any of the idols a sexy latina?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Im looking for a black girl with the exact same features as the other young white girls. I basically want to fetishize touching tiny little black girls that just look like they have been heavily spray tanned

You are all loving creepy for liking this poo poo.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

quote:

Android Troubleshoot

Rooted devices will receive an error and will not be able to play the Love Live! School Idol Festival app.

Listed below are several solutions found to run the app and keep your root.

Note: Try not to install both Xposed and Cydia Substrate at the same time.

Method 1: Disable SuperSU

Method 2: Xposed + RootCloak

1. Install Xposed Framework v2.4.1+

2. Install and run RootCloak

3. Click Add/Remove Apps

4. Make sure you see 'klb.lovelive.com_en' (for ENG) or 'klb.android.lovelive' (for JPN). Add if not listed.

-Stuck on ORANGE SCREEN: Use an earlier version of RootCloak such as RootCloak v1.3

Method 3: Cydia Substrate + RootCloak Plus

1. Install SELinux Mode Changer and set to Permissive

2. Install Cydia Substrate

3. Link Substrate Files and reboot

4. Install and run RootCloak Plus

5. Click Add/Remove Apps

6. Make sure you see 'klb.lovelive.com_en' (for ENG) or 'klb.android.lovelive' (for JPN). Add if not listed.

-If you are unable to Link Substrate Files: Enable your file manager to have root browsing access, go to '/Vendor', hold down '/lib' and select permissions. Make sure the following are checked (or unchecked): http://prntscr.com/3iw19r

Method 4:

Install the modified .apk version. You will NOT be able to make in-game purchases with this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy12av2q0...lovelive_en.apk

https://mega.co.nz/#!eZEA3ZxS!7F_JC...5aTlYztptZx1ne0

If all else fails, unroot or play on PC.

(Also there is no quit game function, so get ready to forever)

You went to great lengths to play this really creepy game.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mods rename this thread to child toucher pro.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Psh, more like face poker pro if anything.

I cannot successfully poke faces on hard mode on that event song yet.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Save your event song currency for when you want to collect your rewards. It's possible to collect a lot of tries of it just to get the feeling of familiarity set in, so that you don't tunnel-vision into one sequence and forget what you were doing for the next one.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I caved in and went with the table+2 hands for playing the event song on hard. Which, while still not letting me Full Combo it by any stretch of the imagination at least lets me not lose every 2-3 attempts. Looking down at the phone is making my neck hurt after a while though, so I'll probably go back to playing it with the phone at eye-level afterwards.

Also, the 6 star difficulty is bullshit and I wonder what kind of metric they use to decide song difficulty. It's way harder than any of the regular 8 star songs. Might have something to do with the hardest section being full of those drat star circles.

By the way, what is the cap on friend points? PAD caps at 10.000, but I'm at 14.000 or something at the moment in this game and I'm wondering if there will ever be an event for better drops using FP like PAD has.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 1, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Save your event song currency for when you want to collect your rewards. It's possible to collect a lot of tries of it just to get the feeling of familiarity set in, so that you don't tunnel-vision into one sequence and forget what you were doing for the next one.

Not a bad idea. Still over a week left in the thing. No need to rush, I suppose.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I love this event. I just keep thinking "click some loving cookies!"

Anyway, I've got some duplicate rares; is there an optimal (or just not incredibly suboptimal) approach for practices/special practices? Does it matter when/with what you do your feeding?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Like PAD, feeding cards that are the same color as the target gives extra exp (but only 20% in SIF). Unlike PAD, the gold cost doesn't seem to be decided by the target's level, but rather the level (and rarity I think) of the card used as fodder. As such it doesn't seem to matter whether you feed one card at a time as you get them or a bunch at once. If you've used one of the cards you might want to make sure that the one that has accumulated bond is being the recipient since I don't think that would transfer if it was used as fodder.

It seems pretty straight forward, though it's quite possible I'm missing something.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Cool, its like that creepy witch touching game on Vita except you're actually talking about it unironically

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Minus1Minus1 posted:

I love this event. I just keep thinking "click some loving cookies!"

Anyway, I've got some duplicate rares; is there an optimal (or just not incredibly suboptimal) approach for practices/special practices? Does it matter when/with what you do your feeding?

Please let's continue the discussion on optimal child touching strategies. I need answers.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hit 50 gems and did the scout 11 thing. Two SRs, but no UR :(

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

ReidRansom posted:

Hit 50 gems and did the scout 11 thing. Two SRs, but no UR :(

I think I speak for everyone who's posted in this thread already when I say that that is an awful thing to be disappointed about.

Merge your newfound Rs and max them to recoup gems, you big whale.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I think I speak for everyone who's posted in this thread already when I say that that is an awful thing to be disappointed about.

Merge your newfound Rs and max them to recoup gems, you big whale.

In that case, :)

Already merged one of the Rs, and have dupes for like two others, I think, so that's cool. Also, event is looking more doable now. Still failed hard even after practicing along with that youtube vid, but I'm close. And even running normal is pretty decent points since I can S rank it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
S rank is easy when you have good cards, I can get A rank on the happy holiday song even though I miss like 6 notes.

• Locked thread