Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

How is the Combo score figured out? Because I've gotten C with only two goods, no bads or misses, and an A with two goods and a miss

Only the best combo in the song counts for combo rank. The number of notes that you get perfect/great is otherwise irrelevant.

S - 100% combo
A - 70% combo
B - 50% combo
C - 30% combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
You get a Good, it ends your combo. Combo score is your longest combo for the song, so a single mistake is best made at the beginning or the end, rather than the middle.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Personally, I find it best to make no mistakes.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Personally, I find it best to make no mistakes.

Perfectionism makes my hands sweaty :smith:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Events without plots are boring!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

Events without plots are boring!

The plot is you losing to people with garbage leaders and a better score than you despite you full comboing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Allarion posted:

The plot is you losing to people with garbage leaders and a better score than you despite you full comboing.

I was just guilty of this. Did a Hard round to level up, two folks didn't even have points yet. Figured I'd cap combo at 30 to give them a chance.

One person FC'd but was still about 300 points short of beating me. :c

Also ugh Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate ex I cannot s score ugh I need better combo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I'm doing the score event with my KR account and I keep getting matched against bots.

What really hurts is losing to the bots.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

Also ugh Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate ex I cannot s score ugh I need better combo.

THE BEST SONG.

THE BEST.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Allarion posted:

My favorite round, I came in second but everybody got full combos and there was less than a thousand points difference between the first place and the fourth.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I once got a tie for 1st at a score match. I keep hoping it happens again. :3: Maybe with 3 players next time.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm doing the score event with my KR account and I keep getting matched against bots.

I hate the way the bots' scores are determined. It's really frustrating.

My eternal quest in Score Matches is to get the elusive 4x "Nico-Nico-Nii~" or 4x "Harasho!".
I came close with a triple Harasho two months ago when I actually ran into a friend of mine in a round (who proceeded to take first).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Playing with headphones is loving my my game and timing for some reason.

A part of that has to do with the position of my hands, since the headphone jack keeps me from getting my usual grip, but I'm failing to get even C Combos where I'd usually get As.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

graybook posted:

I hate the way the bots' scores are determined. It's really frustrating.

Obligatory reposting of the image I posted earlier in the thread:

That's a team with 3 UR and the rest SR. I hate bots. They seem much rarer on expert songs though, thankfully, at least in the English client.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

Playing with headphones is loving my my game and timing for some reason.

A part of that has to do with the position of my hands, since the headphone jack keeps me from getting my usual grip, but I'm failing to get even C Combos where I'd usually get As.

I ended up just putting my phone on a desk/flat surface and I use a nail file to prop one side up, but I use my pointer/middle fingers. Also gently caress those bots.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I somehow do even worse without my thumbs.

Maybe practice makes perfect.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
Lately ive been really lucky not dealing with the offbeat beatmaps, but i just got 2 in a row (one EX, one Hard) and holy hell I'm reminded how much that stupid update messed the game up for a lot of people.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got to play my favorite song but it was hosed up because of the delay issue throwing off my concentration.

I thought it was the bluetooth at first.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

I got to play my favorite song but it was hosed up because of the delay issue throwing off my concentration.

I thought it was the bluetooth at first.

I've never gotten my bluetooth headphones to work with SIL, it always lags sounds :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DeusExMchna posted:

I've never gotten my bluetooth headphones to work with SIL, it always lags sounds :(

Yeah, it screwed me up on the JP version cause notes suddenly seemed to teleport forward a bit.

Going back to using headphones at work during lunch.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I somehow do even worse without my thumbs.

Maybe practice makes perfect.

When I switched from thumbs to index fingers I got worse for a week or two, then within another week or two significantly better at the harder songs. A difficult transition, but a worthwhile one.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
So turns out there's another glitch (new to me, at least) where the music just up and restarts during a song but the chart keeps going.
I've gotten this, I've gotten slight desyncs, I've gotten a play where tapping circles literally slowed down the game but not the music, etc.

It's tempting to only login for rewards and just not play until these issues get resolved.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
That's pretty much what I do nowadays after the delay issues just caused the game to not be fun anymore. I sometimes spend a stamina bar after work, but that's if I have literally nothing else to play. I hope it gets fixed soon.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
That's what I've been doing as well. I gave up the Umi event halfway through and I'm not even bothering with the current score rank event. Right now I'm just logging in for the free lovegems.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Someone posted a pic of someone using an Alpaca as their main. Is there any way to do this or was that just a funny photoshop?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Dang, EN is in event mode but no new EX songs. I don't really feel like playing the first daily rotation EX for tokens though.
Welp time to grind hard songs I guess. At least that nets friend points.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've finally got to the pointwhere I don't always have enough G to practice whenerve I want. It sucks.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Money at least becomes no issue later on since there's nothing to spend it on in the US version once you have your teams fully leveled (other than leveling bad cards for album rewards). I'm sitting on a little over 16 million at the moment, and I'm only rank 140'ish. We'll have more gold sinks later but it's a ways off yet. Not that it matters to me yet, I'm on hiatus and only logging in for the rewards until the sound issues are fixed.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

graybook posted:

Dang, EN is in event mode but no new EX songs. I don't really feel like playing the first daily rotation EX for tokens though.
Welp time to grind hard songs I guess. At least that nets friend points.

Glad I got enough Rins that I can skip this event. The Kotori event a while back was painful. Patiently awaiting 4x mode.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I would skip entirely (doing a quick check, this Rin would beat out the token Honoka from a few months ago, but not by much), but I'm willing to at least play halfheartedly for event rewards. Gotta get loveca any way I can that isn't paying for them.

T1 for Nico in December is gonna take a fair amount. I did T1 for her Score Match in August and that took me 30ish, but I was also being secure and placing in the top third of T1 (admittedly, my ego was on the line as well).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
ADTRW has a new thread tag

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

boom boom boom posted:

ADTRW has a new thread tag

mods please change my avatar to this immediately, I take all credit for starting this monster

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would like a Nico Nico Nii crew tag :3:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
That would be awesome!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I got a card and I can't remember if I already idolized her, maxed her bond and level and fed her to a better girl or not yet. Is there any record of that stuff somewhere?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
other > album > choose a card > check the icons on the bottom right.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

other > album > choose a card > check the icons on the bottom right.

Cool, thank you

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why are so many of the movie / anime songs Smile and Pure? There are not enough Cool songs, much to my disappointment. Couldn't Angelic Angel have been Cool at least????

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
They save all the cool songs for Umi to wreck you with. Or at least that's how I feel playing most EX Umi songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Umi is very Cool, yes.

• Locked thread