Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
The thing about Soldier Game for me is that after memorizing the middle, I seemed to always mess up on this one part right before the middle with the series of charge notes into 1-9 2-8 whatever. I eventually fixed that problem by just playing with my thumbs up until the middle part, and then using my index fingers for the rest of the song. These days I can consistently full combo it, but I still can't slouch.

Meanwhile, Kaguya EX is a chart I keep getting 1Good/Miss on and it's driving me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

beaner69 posted:

Yeah the audience is me, who's buying nendos and gonna buy the blurays, but that doesn't mean my daughter can't enjoy it too. She also thinks nico is best girl.

There's actually a decent female periphery demographic for the franchise now, similar to the one K-On attracted. Some of the most recent Love Live merch is lipstick and nail decals.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I think I'll be satisfied with this until the song comes back someday :unsmith:

Falling behind the tempo is the issue here. Map does not give very many mental endurance breaks.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

I just missed the Top 1000. It's frustrating, but there's nothing I could have done differently. My grandma was in the hospital and I didn't play for a few days. She's way more important than any game.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah dude. Personally all I care about is getting the free SR during events. I've narrowly missed the top 1000 twice myself. As in <100 points difference missed, but oh well.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Going to jam this into the piece of the OP you were wondering about

Cool, thanks. One last thing: for the guaranteed SR 11-draw, is the UR still 1% chance or is it raised to 10%?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
It's still 1%. Be prepared for disappointment. The typical result of a 10+1 draw is 10 R cards and exactly one SR.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Snow Halation posted:

I just missed the Top 1000. It's frustrating, but there's nothing I could have done differently. My grandma was in the hospital and I didn't play for a few days. She's way more important than any game.
Casual.txt

Real talk though, hope your grandma is ok.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

It's still 1%. Be prepared for disappointment. The typical result of a 10+1 draw is 10 R cards and exactly one SR.

On the other hand, the cumulative probability of an UR is over 10%, which isn't utterly terrible. I got lucky enough to get an UR with Perfect Lock on my first 10+1 draw.

My friend ID is 255903636 if anyone needs another friend with an UR Smile on display.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Topped up my gems to get the last few I needed for another 11 pull. Got the new UR Umi. Not what I was hoping for, but can't complain.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Topped up my gems to get the last few I needed for another 11 pull. Got the new UR Umi. Not what I was hoping for, but can't complain.

I got another SR Pure Nozomi. That makes 5 of them. Each.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, I've got a pretty solid team built up (SR Cool Rin w/Fortified, SR Cool Umi w/Fortified, SR Cool Eli, and six idolized Rs). This is a good thing because I'm out of easy-to-reach stones: the new player bonus has ended, I'm at 42/50 on Idolized Members and 41/50 on Maximize Bond with Idolized, and unless I start maxing my 2* nobodies it'll take forever to get Max Level on Idolized gems.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
For a cell phone game where you feed animes to each-other and then force them to sing for you, this is way more fun then it should be.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 3, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

delfin posted:

Well, I've got a pretty solid team built up (SR Cool Rin w/Fortified, SR Cool Umi w/Fortified, SR Cool Eli, and six idolized Rs). This is a good thing because I'm out of easy-to-reach stones: the new player bonus has ended, I'm at 42/50 on Idolized Members and 41/50 on Maximize Bond with Idolized, and unless I start maxing my 2* nobodies it'll take forever to get Max Level on Idolized gems.

Relatively speaking, 2* cards take not a lot of exp to max.

If it helps to motivate at all, two months ago I was already at the point where I had maxed all my Rs and currently released Ns, and since that time I've picked up 88 free gems through song completions, story completions, event rewards, cartoon girl birthdays and the like.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Speaking of cartoon girl birthdays, there's another one coming up on the 12th. (•8•)

Nozomi's event starts tomorrow. There are two N cards tied to this, and all future, events. I've got my blue team ready with an idolized UR, 6 idolized SR, and 2 non-idolized SR cards.

The song is A•No•Ne•Ga•N•Ba•Re! Here's the hard version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn6MjNx-bYI

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Blue is still my weakest team. :(

I'm gonna kick rear end on the next smile event though.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Same here. My pure team is technically a couple points lower right now, but one of the UR cards on it hasn't been fully leveled yet.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

ReidRansom posted:

I'm gonna kick rear end on the next smile event though.

It's my weakest team too, which sucks because it's only like 400pts less than my Pure team that has a UR Idolized Kotori in it. The irony in this is that I have to max-level said Kotori to beef up my Cool team.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

When you guys talk about all your URs....how much money have you spent on this game? Either I'm an unlucky bastard that gets by with decent plays (though it is annoying to almost perfect FC a song and come nowhere near an S rank) or most people end up buying some gems along the way. I don't know if I can keep up with the continued events because even when I do near-perfect plays I get between rank 1000-1500 on the song. So even with people who play more poorly than me but have URs, they're grinding more points/play.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I've spent pretty much $6 dollars(12 gems), and those were just home stretches for the 44 I'd saved up during an event or just playing through. By now though, I doubt I'll be buying more any time soon since it's gotten harder to grind for them.

And I just got lucky with my URs, considering I just spent whatever gems I had...like 20 or so.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ah ok. It's just a bit disheartening when I used to get 230/play and now I'm noticing it's around 211-17/play. I remember noticing during an event that it's based on average player score or something cuz it started going down with similar personal scores after people got the SR. So I'm now getting 217 before people even get the SR.

I mean, I know it's done so the devs can get money. I'll just hope to get lucky enough to grab a UR at some point to keep up.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Chill la Chill posted:

I don't know if I can keep up with the continued events because even when I do near-perfect plays I get between rank 1000-1500 on the song. So even with people who play more poorly than me but have URs, they're grinding more points/play.

Regarding your concern, the Event Score Ranking is the direct pay-to-win competition, and the Event Ranking (which is total event points gained over the event) is the poopsock+gem-burning competition. You can overcome other players' ability to grind more points/play by what is essentially spending more LP than they do.

I can find you the LP-to-event point efficiency chart that helps people select the right difficulty level to get the most points out of the amount of LP they spend and the score they can consistently get.

E: Found it. I believe the numbers in parentheses are event points per token spent

I prefer not to get hung up too much on events, however. My general strategy is to only play enough to grab the one unidolized SR, and place myself in the mediocre tiers for Gem rewards. You can't get URs from events anyways, so I focus myself on having gems for the 10+1 draw afterwards.

Chill la Chill posted:

Ah ok. It's just a bit disheartening when I used to get 230/play and now I'm noticing it's around 211-17/play. I remember noticing during an event that it's based on average player score or something cuz it started going down with similar personal scores after people got the SR. So I'm now getting 217 before people even get the SR.

I mean, I know it's done so the devs can get money. I'll just hope to get lucky enough to grab a UR at some point to keep up.

This is untrue. The only change in event scoring have been a.) songs get higher score thresholds for S Rank because they have more notes and b.) the last event was a crazy one where people could get 4x event points in the last few days.

Have you been placing off-color members on your event song team? You get more score if you put your off-color members in the spots that receive the least notes (people have counted every song for this).

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 7, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Also I found this thing and edited the OP with it

Get the most out of your non-money! List of Love Gems you can obtain in the English version for free (now updated up to August 29th 2014):
+30 loveca from initial 10 days
+5 loveca from idolizing event SR
+27 loveca from idolizing R
+41 loveca from idolizing N
+21 loveca from login bonus
+4 loveca from 50 idolized cards
+4 loveca from 50 max bonded cards
+4 loveca from 50 max leveled cards
+9 loveca from main story
+15 loveca from Birthdays
+1 loveca from Kotori's event delay
+1 loveca from Nico's event bug
+5 loveca from S clear every event song
+8 loveca from S Rank every daily song
+8 loveca from S Score every daily song
+5 loveca from S combo every EX
+14 loveca from Kotori's event points
+14 loveca from Umi's event points
+16 loveca from Nico's event points
+16 loveca from Honoka's event points
+13 loveca from Eli's event points
+15 loveca from Hanayo's event points
+15 loveca from Tier 3 in every event
+19 loveca for S Clear every Hard song
=310 loveca. Enough for quite a few draws. Use them in the few days after an event where 50 gems will ensure 1 SR out of an 11-card draw!

Also added a blurb about events and the chart for event song efficiency

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 7, 2014

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

I grabbed a UR card before I spent a dime, but a lot of my cards are from when I was on an anti-depressant that made me really impulsive. All told, I probably spent $600 over a 3 month period.

Snow Halation fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 7, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

I should show this to my little cousins and nieces cuz they would probably get a kick out of playing a girl version of rock band. And start their slow descent into animes. That's probably the intended audience anyway, aside from the creepy pervs who like moe kawaii stuff

moeshit's target audience is thirty year old men, and always has been. it's not aimed at children at all, in any case.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

@sidesaddle: thanks. Thinking about it in that manner of not being able to get a UR anyway helps. I've never gotten an idolized SR yet so I'm probably putting too much emphasis on it. Oblivion is right though: it's not "too" bad considering 1-(.99^n) gives at least an 11% chance per draw. Maybe after I've spent 500 gems and have about 42% total chance of getting one I will lol

Snow Halation posted:

I grabbed a UR card before I spent a dime, but a lot of my cards are from when I was on an anti-depressant that made me really impulsive. All told, I probably spent $600 over a 3 month period.
:eyepop: I was recommended anti-depressants before and I tried them but I prefer talk therapy nowadays.

icantfindaname posted:

moeshit's target audience is thirty year old men, and always has been. it's not aimed at children at all, in any case.

I must've had weird female friends because I knew 7 of them who grew up together and were always into moe poo poo. K-on, azumanga, all of it. They weren't the stereotypical anime fan girls either so were really cute when they dressed up as the characters for Halloween. It warped my perception on this subject.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

(though it is annoying to almost perfect FC a song and come nowhere near an S rank)

Also important to remember is that almost full combo isn't the same as actual full combo, especially depending on where you gently caress up. The longer your combo string, the larger the score multiplier per note, so where you mess up if you do can have a huge impact on your score. Hitting two clams at the beginning or end of a song isn't nearly as bad as hitting one one a third or so of the way through and then another a third later.

But yeah basically it's pay to win. Throw money away chasing good cards or use all your gems on LP refills to rank high enough in events for extra SRs.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I meant a full combo where almost all the notes were perfect. That's why it's especially annoying.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

@sidesaddle: thanks. Thinking about it in that manner of not being able to get a UR anyway helps. I've never gotten an idolized SR yet so I'm probably putting too much emphasis on it. Oblivion is right though: it's not "too" bad considering 1-(.99^n) gives at least an 11% chance per draw. Maybe after I've spent 500 gems and have about 42% total chance of getting one I will lol

It's a little better than that, if not by a whole lot. During a guaranteed SR+ draw period, there will almost definitely be better odds of an UR. The only way there wouldn't be is if the policy is "draw 11 times, if all 11 are R, then replace one R with SR".

A few options I can think of:
1) The game does a full 11 card reroll when you get 11 R. The probability (0.89 ^ 11) of all R is ~27.75%, so you improve the probability of all other outcomes by that much. This increase the "at least one UR" probability from ~10.5% to ~14.4% on a 10+1 roll.
2) The game forces an SR or UR on the 11th roll if the first 10 are R. The probability (0.89 ^ 10) of all R is ~31.18%, so in (0.01 / (0.1 + 0.01)) = 1/11 of those cases, the last roll is an UR. This improves the probability of an UR from ~10.5% to ~12.4% on a 10+1 roll.
3) The game gives you an SR if your 11th roll is a R. No improvement for UR probability.

When I did my 10+1 roll, my UR was the very last card, which is anecdotal evidence that means nothing at all, but it makes me lean towards option #2.

Oblivion590 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 8, 2014

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Chill la Chill posted:

I meant a full combo where almost all the notes were perfect. That's why it's especially annoying.

I remember complaining about this on my first post in this thread. For such a fun game, (besides the occasional crashes) the only real problem I have is how the card collecting aspect has a direct effect on the grading of the songs. Playing a lot of music/rhythm games over the years, it's very frustrating to have my own skills be half as important as the other half is affected by card collecting.

It's a dirty tactic to make me spend money, but I figured "Ehhh....it's a mobile game, gently caress it". And I don't feel nearly as pathetic for spending $6 on this game as I did like $1.50 for Candy Crush.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

Ah, yeah that does suck.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if buying 50 gems cost $10 instead of $30.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I just got a rare called Satiko Miyama. She doesn't have any skills and can't be leveled up. What the heck?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
She's an experience boost, like the the alpacas you get from events. http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Miyama_Satoko

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

EX event song nope nope nope I'm just leave you alone. Once is enough.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
So which of the songs is more efficient for event points? The 45 or 160 version or the 75 ex version?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Definitely the 45/180 version, unless you can consistently pull off an S score/A combo on the EX version.

Note that the 180 version won't record your score on the event song high Score Ranking if it's a new high score for you.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
The EX version gives more points if you do better? Not that I'm good at it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

beaner69 posted:

The EX version gives more points if you do better? Not that I'm good at it.

By a very tiny margin. It's generally not worth it if you're focusing on the event itself. I do it because there's the faintest chance I might get an extra free gem if I happen to full combo it.

by the way does anyone have any extra event token charms they can spare :gonk:

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
It feels worth it to play the EX version at least once to snag yourself an "all difficulties cleared" bonus gem. Otherwise yeah, I went from 1200 to 1800 overnight, it's ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Wait so which gives out more points? The 180 or the 45 version? Because after I did the EX song once and never again, I'm still like 1000 points away from getting the SR Nozomi.
And yeah this is getting ridiculous. I was in the early 3000's yesterday now I'm suddenly in the late 4000's. What the hell is going on?

• Locked thread