Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I think it really comes down to the Mike/Joel split. I'm a Mike man.

Space Mutiny
Time Chasers
Prince of Space
Riding With Death
Puma Man

IMDB agrees that Seasons 9 and 10 were a golden age.

Mike man here too, and I absolutely cannot fault your list. It's hard picking a top 5 with MST (and there are a ton of good Joel episodes too), but this is about as close as I could manage it. I might have bumped Puma Man to #2 and Riding With Death shuffled to #5, or replaced by Hobgoblins.

I think my rating of Puma Man may be inspired by the fact I've never, ever, ever been able to get the drat Puma Man theme out of my head, so I remember the episode way more.

ED: This might be the only show that I watched for years and then liked better when a main character - that I liked - was replaced. Admittedly the first 10 or so episodes he took over were a little rocky but once he got in the groove, he really did knock it out of the park. It's not a surprise Mike is with them at Rifftrax.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doltos posted:

Mike over Joel all the time.

I remember my mom used to watch MST3k sometimes when I was growing up too, but not consistently. And she was absolutely convinced that Joel was Mike (out of order during the comedy central days) and he hadn't gotten any sleep and was horribly depressed. It was pretty hilarious to hear a concerned "What happened to him??" until I had to explain it wasn't the same guy.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groundfish posted:

Like somebody else mentioned, my attachment to The Movie is largely sentimental.

I remember the movie being a bit of a disappointment at the time, but only because it was just a good episode of the TV show. So it was funny and all, it just felt like "How is the different from the regular show again?"

Again though, it was a funny episode and would have definitely been a good one, it's just.. that's exactly what it was.

ED: Yeah it'd been hard to do much else. What my friends and I were hoping for back when it came out was that they'd use ALL the extra money straight into buying the license for a big, semi-recent blockbuster to tear up; something the show could never afford to do. Well until years later in a way, with Rifftrax fitting that niche perfectly.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 17, 2014

• Locked thread