Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Angel's Revenge
Mitchell
Pumaman
Red Zone Cuba
Beginning of the End

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Madurai posted:

I'm going to second Space Mutiny, Santa Claus, Mitchell, and Red Zone Cuba.

I'm kind of wondering how I could possibly be the first one to mention Manos: the Hands of Fate.

Manos is awesome, but it's one where you'd have to be a serious fan of the show to enjoy. Manos was the first MST3K I was ever shown (a fan was trying to get me as a fan), and it was just awful. Hated the show after that. But one day we watched Mitchell, and that was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen. It made me a fan, and it wasn't until later that I could go back and truly enjoy Manos.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Philthy posted:

Mitchell is probably the only one that I really love watching. All the rest I'd rate the same.

I still just randomly blurt out "Mitchell!" sometimes for no drat reason.

I sometimes find myself singing the line from the Mitchell "song":

"Heart pounding,
Veins cloggin'
Mitchell! Mitchell!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think my rating of Puma Man may be inspired by the fact I've never, ever, ever been able to get the drat Puma Man theme out of my head, so I remember the episode way more.

"Puma-Man, he flies like a moron".

Like the Mitchell song I posted above, I'll occasionally find myself singing that lyric.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I'll add to my earlier statement of Red Zone Cuba by saying all of the Coleman Francis movies are pretty terrible. The Beast of Yucca Flats stands out as one of the worst as well. I haven't watched Skydivers in a long time and don't remember much about it. But Yucca and Cuba definitely stand out as two of the worst movies they've ever done.

I loathed Red Zone Cuba the first couple of times I sat through, but dammit, if it didn't grow on me.

Also, I guarantee that the final line "He ran all the way to hell with nothing in his pocket buy a penny and a broken cigarette" was the entire basis of the movie. I bet Francis thought of that line, thought it was deeply profound, and then wrote the rest of the movie to lead up to that moment.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 16, 2014

• Locked thread