Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Looking to go this year and desperately seeking funds. What games should I play in this 48 hour run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
something with hype

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
and memes

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
48 straight hours of Custers Revenge

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

execute arbitrary code to make Mario teaches typing spell out swears

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

48 hours of candy crush

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
stare into a webcam while beating yourself in the head with a 1989 game boy and screaming

e: for 48 hours or until nothing is left of the game boy

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Play Dota. the first one.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Your Friend posted:

Looking to go this year and desperately seeking funds. What games should I play in this 48 hour run?

Don't go to sgdq, sda events died with agdq '13.

That is unless you want to spend a bunch of time with people who probably should have their parents with them regardless of their being over 18.

E. Evo sounds like fun though, then again I would probably end up spending most of my time doing things I could do any time in Vegas.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm going to watch SGDQ, and enjoy it, even though they're probably going to run a bunch of gay boring games.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm going to watch SGDQ, and enjoy it, even though they're probably going to run a bunch of gay boring games.

i'm going to be at a conference and likely watching sgdq on my laptop during 50% of the talks

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

conferences suck just don't go but say you did

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Watching online with the chat closed and a post it over the webcam is the perfect level of separation from actually being there.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
while it's going on, agdq/sgdq is on pretty much the entire time through my streaming box. full screened so no chat and in on the 40" glory through hdmi, plus i don't have to smell the BO from actually being there so i maintain i have the best seat in the house

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Coolguye posted:

while it's going on, agdq/sgdq is on pretty much the entire time through my streaming box. full screened so no chat and in on the 40" glory through hdmi, plus i don't have to smell the BO from actually being there so i maintain i have the best seat in the house

It really only smelled bad in the casual room when it was too packed. Those rooms had great ventilation and hotel staff were febreezing all their furniture constantly. Uyama was directly febreezing people which was amazing.

It's the people with social development disorders (I have one too so making fun of them is like a black person saying friend of the family) trying to socialize poorly. Then they get some girly booze like fireball whiskey in them and it gets really ugly.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

However if you attend you can turn items on in smash bros when people leave the room and harvest salt

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
agdq '14 managed to raise a million god drat dollars so i have to give sda props on creating a successful charity event regardless of how weird the people attending them can be

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

AHungryRobot posted:

agdq '14 managed to raise a million god drat dollars so i have to give sda props on creating a successful charity event regardless of how weird the people attending them can be

That's just the income the net total is secret because If they told us how much was taken off the top cancer wins.

Editor's note: pcf is cool but msf is way better

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 30, 2014

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

SeXReX posted:

That's just the income the net total is secret because If they told us how much was taken off the top cancer wins.

Editor's note: pcf is cool but msf is way better

as far as i'm aware all that money went to the prevent cancer foundation, unless they lied. though i would think the PCF would have caught on if the guys at sda were short-changing them on donations or something.

maybe you know something i don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
There is definitely some money taken off the top to cover expenses like the hotel/reimburse people who paid up front. It's absurd to think the organizers pay all that stuff out of pocket.

That said, there's no evidence that it's unreasonable so you can generally assume that like 95%+ of the money you donate will actually make it to the charity.

• Locked thread