Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skyydude
Sep 26, 2010

My adopted feline of just over one year, Crono, figured out how to open the screen window in my garage, and managed to jump out as I returned from a 6-day business trip. He was always very skittish, but he warmed up to me over the past 8 months.

For the first two days of his outing, I was able to find him hiding under broken cars in the neighborhood, but after that, I have no idea where he went to. I've looked all over, in a 5-km radius, but there's no signs of Crono anywhere. :(

I feel really bad for him. He was a street stray when I first picked him up, but he grew up to be such a loving cat, even though it took forever for him to finally bond. He was always aloof/skittish, but in a good way. Anytime I'd go away for a while and leave him in the garage, he would get so scared. This culminated last week, when I returned home from that 6-day business trip. While I was gone, he figured out how to claw-open the screen window in the garage, and he simply leapt through the window he opened, to the urban terrain outdoors when I returned home. Not exactly the homecoming I was hoping for.

I can't imagine that he's doing well--he's neutered, and he hasn't had a decent meal in over a week. I look for him at the earliest hours of the morning, or the early hours after sunset, but I haven't seen him for 6 days now.

This is not a good situation--we live in Sunabe, Okinawa. It's a concrete urban jungle. Cats captured by the Japanese are given 4 days until they're put to death via a painful, slow death via an WW2-style gas chamber. Crono is gone for good, I'm afraid. :(

If anyone's lost their cat in similar situations, or even found them again, please let me know how you did it! I know somehow that Crono's out there somewhere, but I can't find him, and I feel so bad for letting him escape the safety of my house! :( It's totally my fault, and I feel terrible about it.

I'll still hope. Thanks for your help, SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

Try putting out his favorite blanket or pillow. Stuff it into a small box with an opening big enough for him to fit inside. I've heard it works wonders. :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Go look at the beach. Ask the homeless folks there if they've seen him. There's like 8,000,000 cats on sunabe baba.

skyydude
Sep 26, 2010

Thanks so much, SA. <3

I've looked every night and every morning across 2 km of spaces from my house, using food, treats, etc, but I can't find him. I feel so sorry for Crono--for over a year, I gave him food, water, health care, shelter, and most importantly a safe home where he would actually relax and enjoy a chill life. I guess I should be happy that he lived with me for over a year in such great conditions, but I miss him.

I feel terrible for allowing him to get away. I totally could have stopped it, and I should have stopped it! If only I had seen the open window when I got back from my 5 days in the US...drat it!!

At least I still have Marle. But she misses Crono even more than I do.

Stupid cats...I should have never adopted them in the first place!

• Locked thread