Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Wealth. Fame. Power.
The man who had achieved everything in life, like none before him, was the Pirate King, Gold Roger.
The few words he spoke at his execution drove people the world over to take to the seas:

"My treasure? If you want it, you can have it. Seek it out! I left everything in my life at that place!"

And with those words, the Great Pirate Age began!

One Piece!

In this world, where people with impossible powers overcome impossible odds for the sake of their impossible dreams, you are pirates that have formed a crew after working together on various adventures throughout the South Blue.

You are all ready to head up Reverse Mountain and into the Grand Line, where the world’s greatest people, and its greatest mysteries, are located, but before that, you need to make sure your rather simple and bare-bones ship can handle the Grand Line.

The first step is finding a Log Pose. Avalice Island has been known as a place where pirates stock up on supplies ever since the Great Age of the Pirates began. You can only hope that that’s still true...

Mechanics of the Game

This game will use the Atomic Robo RPG system, which is a modified version of Fate CORE, so read up on that and keep these stipulations in mind.

1) I recommend that basically everyone has a weird mode, it fits One Piece as a setting and allows you to take the Mega Stunts, which can represent One Piece powers rather well.

2) All of you are some of the best pirates one can find in the South Blue, and as such you are set for the Grand Line, so don’t feel obligated to limit your powers by too much in flavor if you do not want to. All characters can strike at range and in melee somehow, no matter the reason, unless their weapons are taken away or something.

For a swordsman, this could mean that you use throwing knives, or you can just cut the wind so hard you can slash at people from far away..

3) If you eat a Devil Fruit and you take a mega-stunt related to your devil fruit mode, that mega-stunts only weakness cannot be that you can’t swim, because that is already represented in the aspect that shows you're a Devil Fruit user.

For example, someone who became a rubber man by eating a Devil Fruit is most definitely Bullet Proof and highly resistant to damage, but the weakness of that mega-stunt would be Bladed Weapons, not really not being able to swim.

4) Inventions stay the same, although they can now represents new and dangerous techniques, and the Science Mode is now changed to the Knowledge Mode.

5) I will be almost completely ignoring canon to allow you guys and your characters to shape the world however you want besides the basic details. So fi their's a specific part of the canon of One Piece you want in the game, make sure to mention it and make it part of your character in some way.

And that’s it, I’ll be recruiting for about a week.

I look forward to seeing your characters!

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think you already know I'm gonna app.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm super interested. I'll put in a character tonight or tomorrow after I've had a chance to look through the book and think up a dude/lady/other object.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Did somebody say Atomic Robo and Anime? Down down down for this.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I'm very interested in this thing you seem to have spilled upon the forum.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I too am gay interested.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Yo ho ho he took a bite of Gum-Gum.

But in all seriousness, I'm probably going to create a paper-manipulating Logia user.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

*edit* Apping a person who ate a fruit that gave them power over Friction. And who uses ice skates to get anywhere he wants to go, because friction power.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 30, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aldus "Stone Song" Drake

Concept Aspect: Musician of Stone
Drake is the son of a guitar player and a dancer, and their love of music imprinted itself onto him at a young age. He learned to play the shamisen and became one of the most beloved musicians on his native Whiteflower Island. He eventually decided to sail across the South Blue in a desire to play his music for as many people as he could. On his travels, he encountered a pirate captain who had a Rock-Rock Fruit in his possession. Curious about the fruit and hungry from his travels, he decided to take a bite of the fruit, gaining its power. After fighting off the furious captain and his crew, he got noticed by a humble pirate crew that had aspirations for sailing the Grand Line. Jumping at the possibility to play outside the South Blue, he decided to join the crew as their musician.

Good Mode: Rock-Rock Fruit (Stone Body (Physique), Combat, Stealth)
Specialized (+5): Stone Body (Physique)
Focused (+4): Combat
Trained (+3): Stealth

Fair Mode: Banter
Focused (+3): Provoke, Rapport, Will
Trained (+2): Contacts, Decieve, Empathy

Average Mode: Action
Focused (+2): Athletics, Notice, Vehicles

Good Mode Aspect: Made of Rock and Roll
Having eaten the Rock-Rock Fruit, Drake has become a person made out of rock. This gives the benefits of physical strength, but he isn't the fastest guy around when his powers are active. Like all Devil Fruit users, water neutralizes his abilities completely.

Fair Mode Aspect: Listen To My Song
As a musician, Drake's dream is to spread his music across the seas. He's quite good at it, too. He's been able to pay plenty of bills by performing a few songs. However, he can be a bit over-eager to share his newest composition.

Average Mode Aspect: Barroom Blitzer
Having played in his share of taverns, Drake has found himself in the middle of many a barfight. As a result, he's developed both good fistfighting skills and a bit of a hot head. When in a brawl, he can sometimes get carried away with punching fools in the face and sometimes doesn't know when to stop.

Omega Aspect: I Don't Get It
Drake doesn't have the best sense of humor, you see. He doesn't really get jokes, no matter how hard he tries. While this is a bit of a social impairment, insults don't tend to faze him very much.

Stunts & Megastunts:

I'll Rock Your World!: Sometimes, it's not enough to let your fists do the talking. Sometimes those fists have to be made out of rocks. Once per scene, Drake can use Stone Body instead of Provoke on a roll.

Let Me Play The Song of My People: Drake has a song for every situation. When talking with an NPC, Drake can spend a fate point to play a song and place the aspect That's A Good Song with a free invoke.

Nose to the Grindstone: As a rock human, it's impossible to cut Drake when he has his powers active. However, when hit with something like a club or a hammer, it's possible to crack his defenses. Immune to bladed weapons, but weak against blunt force instruments. Armor:2 against everything else.

Physical Stress: OOOO
Mental Stress: OOO

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 31, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is this pbp or irc or skype or what?

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

It's Play by Post.

Also, I'm almost always on the IRC channels #Persona or #Redhandofdoom if anyone needs to reach me.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I am so very very in for this.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Name: Big Joe M.

Concept Aspect: Mantis-Man of Justice
As an infant, Joe was left at the gate of a monastery. He grew up and was raised there. One night the temple was raided by men in search of the Temples most protected artifact, the Mantis-Mantis Fruit. The raiders slashed and killed their way to the inner sanctum where the fruit was kept, leaving only Joe alive. In his panic, Joe grabbed the fruit and bit into it. He passed out immediately, and the raiders left him as they took the (now useless) fruit. Upon coming to, Joe left his ruined home and took to the street in a nearby town. There he did his best to learn how to control his powers and use them to protect the weak. After a while Joe caught word that the raiders who destroyed his home were headed to the Grand Line. His newfound thirst for justice stronger than ever, he set out to find the crew that would take him to sea.

Good Mode: Mantis-Mantis Fruit [8 pts] (Athletics, Notice, Raptorial Legs(Combat), Physique, Mimicry(Decieve))
Specialized (+5): Athletics, Notice
Focused (+4): Raptorial Legs(Combat), Physique, Mimicry(Decieve)

Fair Mode: Action (9pts)
Focused (+3): Provoke (Focused - 1Pt)
Trained (+2): Vehicles

Average Mode: Intrigue (9pts)
Trained (+1): Burgulary, Contacts, Stealth

Total: 27 Pts - 3 Spare

Good Mode (Signature) Aspect: Have I Mentioned That I Am a Mantis?
Joe is a Mantis-Man! He has the power to change into half-mantis, as well as full-mantis forms. These give him many benefits, such as mobility and speed, but being a mantis isn't all it's cracked up to be. All their senses besides sight are mostly useless, and while their carapace is very durable, a strike to the right place could be deadly for Joe. Also he can't deal with the water because of the Devil Fruit.

Fair Mode Aspect: Did You Know That I Know Kung-Fu?
The monks trained Joe in martial arts, through which he learned how to handle himself in a fight, as well as how to spot even subtle openings in an enemy's attack. However, the prestige of his training can get to his head, sometimes making him bite off more than he can chew.

Average Mode Aspect: I Lived on the Mean Streets, too.
Joe lost his home and had to live on the street. He learned how to survive and navigate the streets. Through his stint of vigilantism, Joe met many people, and made more enemies.

Omega Aspect: Yeah, yeah. Let's just get going!
While Joe is adept at planning an attack during battle, but has trouble focusing during larger-scale planning. He prefers to rush in face first, regardless of potential danger or consequences.

Stunts & Megastunts:
1. Mantis-Style!: Joe has learned to take advantage of his other forms. +1 to create an advantage with Combat or Decieve when fighting as part/all-mantis.

2. Signature Aspect: "Have I Mentioned That I Am a Mantis?": Once per issue, I can invoke this aspect once for free. Compels cost the GM 2 Fate; refusals cost me 2.

3. The Sight of a Battle: As a Mantis, Joe has excellent eyesight while transformed. However, his hearing is very limited and smell is non-existant, making sneak attacks a very real threat. If Joe is trying to Notice something in front (or slightly to the side) of him, he will always notice. Due to his insect carapace he also gets +1 to defend rolls from attacks from those areas. This is at the cost of -1 (or 2?) Defend from attacks/Notice from the back.

Physical Stress:OOOO
Mental Stress:OOO

---

I haven't made a Fate (or Atomic Robo) character before, so I'm not sure if I did it right. Please tell me if I did something wrong so I can fix it!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm gonna possibly re-app a character from a previous One Piece FATE game on these forums which didn't make it off the ground, as long as my work doesn't become super-busy again.

Anyway, at a wedding over the weekend, so will have a read of the Robo rules and decide.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Tabatha Kegan O'Sheehy

(link)
Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)

Physical: [][][][]
Mental: [][][]

Concept: Ascended Adventurer
Kegan was the product of a man and woman just like any other terrestrial of the South Blue larger than a breadbox. Kegan was sent to a university on Isla Crania to study something or other, but like many a college student Kegan did a lot more soul-searching. Literally searching for the soul of the world, really. Deep in the heart of Isla Crania was the so-called Brain of the World, which turned out to be the Fold-Fold Fruit. Kegan, being the sole survivor for one reason or another, took it back to the dorm and consumed it like any curious woman would. The world seemed to go flat, with Kegan standing on top, and every step made a deep impact in the coil of this thin sheet we skate around on. Now a firm believer that the ushering-forth of a new era of superhuman is on the rise, Kegan signed up for the crew as a Navigator in order to find and stake claim in the true soul of the world, the One Piece left by the first ascended being, Gold Roger.

Good Mode: Fold-Fold Fruit (Folds, Burglary, Notice, Provoke, Stealth) (7)

Fair Mode: Knowledge (Aesthetics, Logic, Metaphysics, Navigation, Quantum Physics, Theology) (Notice, Will) (2)

Average Mode: Intrigue (Athletics, Burglary, Contacts, Deceive, Notice, Stealth)(9)

+5: Folds, Notice
+4: Burglary, Navigation, Stealth
+3: Deceive, Logic, Provoke
+2: Other Knowledge, Athletics, Contacts, Will
Focused: Athletics, Contacts, Deceive, Folds, Logic, Navigation
Specialized: Deceive, Folds, Navigation

Folds (2)
Kegan takes Point A and Point B in a straight line and folds the fabric of space-time to make them a singular point, obscuring the rest of reality for her convenience. With this, she can travel a great length in a single step, slip through walls and obstacles, and view what she wants from a safe distance. No one is known to be able to perceive the folds except her.
Overcome: Bring what you want, or where you want to be, right at your feet. Just cross the threshold and you've got it.
Create an Advantage: Step to a distant place and Keep Tabs From Afar, or step to a flank and Head Them Off.
Defend: Dodge an incoming attack by removing yourself from the trajectory entirely.
Attack: Take a solid footing from far away, then bring the target within striking distance just long enough to thrust forward. All the reliability of a good stance with the reach and accuracy of a rifle.

Good Mode Aspect: Follow the Folds
Kegan sees reality as a nothing more than a map on parchment: capable of being folded and crumpled to save space. The Fold-Fold Fruit has given her the ability to create and step over extra-spacial folds between her current footing and anywhere else she can clearly perceive. Then it's as simple as taking a step.

Fair Mode Aspect: The Sound of One Hand Mapping
Of course it was easy for Kegan to get into mapping; a map is just a scale model of the world as she knows it. She has other uses, though, like being a somewhat eccentric chaplain or portrait artist. Just specify how accurate you want the painting to be; she's been on a cubism kick.

Average Mode Aspect: Waiting for Superman
Kegan knows she's a cut above the rest and it's hard to keep that all that superiority bottled up. Sometimes keeping up with the little guy is tiresome. It's nice to vent a little and really show off what makes Kegan a Supergirl.

Omega Aspect: Heady as Hell*
That fruit went to her head immediately. Not only is she already hard to catch up with because of the Fold-Fold power, but she's trying to shake off "human" conventions by speaking metabeing-like. She's also prone to over-think awfully simple conundrums. On the plus side, if you want the enemy to fall into an existential crisis, she's your entity for the job.
* Kegan is still up in the air regarding Hell.

Stunts & Mega-Stunts

Signature Aspect: Follow the Folds: Can invoke this aspect once per issue for free.

Event Horizon: Travels a ship's length in one step with a single well-placed fold; Once per issue, can Move along a straight line to any Zone while ignoring obstacles (except bodies of water).

Untraceable: Folds the world to dodge any incoming attacks she can see coming, appearing and disappearing with each shot fired; Bullet-proof, but cannot defend against Sneak Attacks; Armor: 2 against anything else.

Transcendence: Brings faraway events to her with the help of folds; Absolutely better than any mere human at breaking in (Burglary), getting out (Stealth) and keeping watch from afar (Notice), but at a cost; she will not accept failure.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 5, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pre:

Ikari

Aspects

Concept: Daedalus's Daughter
Once upon a time there was a man named Dr. Daedalus. He was a good, if imperfect man. Some would
say great; the greatest engineer of the age. After a convenient "assassination" attempt by
"revolutionaries", the doctor and his young daughter were taken into secret protective custody
by the World Government. Of course, Daedalus needed something to do while in the perhaps
slightly stifling embrace of the Government. And the Government just happened to need new and
improved designs for all manners of military things. What a happy coincidence! And with the
revolutionaries being frustratingly difficult to wipe out, perhaps it was best for his safety
if he remained in custody as the years passed.

So it was that the world thought Dr. Daedalus dead for 15 years.

The doctor saw his daughter growing up a prisoner, and decided that he wouldn't see her inherit
his captivity and forced labors. But the government wouldn't simply let her walk free.

So it was that Daedalus's daughter was caught in the catastrophic failure of a prototype
weapon and consumed utterly in the ensuing explosion.

And so it was that halfway across the world, a young woman with an uncanny knack for
engineering and a grudge against the World Government stumbled coughing and covered in soot
out of a smoking crater.

Good Mode: Forget "Force Of Nature"
Ikari is the best there is at what she does. Doesn't matter if it's made of wood, stone, or steel;
if it rattles and rolls overland or slices through the waves or pierces the sky; she can make it,
or make it better; and she can break it, or break it better. She knows it, and she makes sure everybody knows it.

Fair Mode: Too Rebellious For The Revolution
Ikari's "unique" upbringing left her with an utter disdain for authority. She was with a cell of the Revolution for a time, but she parted ways with them after one dust-up too many between her and the leadership. She left behind both friends and enemies on her way out.

Average Mode: Something To Prove
Ikari cannot resist a challenge. Doesn't matter if it involves fists, engine, or beer stein;
if you challenge her, you'd best be prepared to finish what you start.

Omega: Frustratingly Chibi
Ikari is also four feet tall and weighs 90 pounds soaking wet. This is not something she's
happy about, but at least it means she can literally get into the guts of some of her larger
projects. Just, uh, don't bring it up.

Modes

Good Mode: Maker/Breaker (Notice, Physique, Will, Engineering; 6)
Focused     (+4): Notice, Physique, Engineering
Trained     (+3): Will

Fair Mode: Action (Athletics, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Vehicles; 9)
Focused     (+3): Combat, Provoke, Vehicles
Trained     (+2): Athletics

Average Mode: Revolutionary  (Burglary, Combat, Contacts, Deceive, Provoke; 9)
Focused     (+2): Contacts
Trained     (+1): Burglary, Deceive

24 points used for Modes; 3 spent to focus Contacts, Vehicles, and Engineering; 3 remaining.

Stress
Physical: OOOOO
Mental:   OOOOO

Stunts

I'll Drink You All Under The Table!
+2 to Overcome with Physique when in a drinking contest.

Souped-Up
+2 to Overcome with Vehicles when in a race (competition, against time, etc).

Shock And Awe
When surrounded by rubble, debris, and/or smoking destruction, spend a fate point to make an
Attack with Provoke at +2 against all faceless NPC enemies in sight.

*Cough Cough Cough*
Immune to explosions, but only explosions and within the fiction it's a matter of simply being
intensely shonen more than anything.

Batter Up!
+2 to Attack with Combat when lobbing or batting explosives around; Weapon:2.
E: poo poo, forgot to add an explanation of the weird skill

pre:
Engineering
- Overcome overwhelmingly large obstacles by building (often cobbled-together) large-scale
  machinery or structures to make success possible.
- Overcome obstacles caused by a machine or structure failing.
- Create an Advantage ahead of time or during a drawn-out challenge by modifying,
  overhauling, or refurbishing an existing machine or structure.
- Create an Advantage by efficiently disabling or destroying a machine or structure.
- Attack a vehicle or sufficiently large mechanical enemy by targeting its weak or vital points.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 31, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Tommy Hawk

Stress
Physical: [][][][]
Mental: [][][]

Concept: Skater Punk on Ice

A troubled boy from an island covered in ice, Tommy has issues with people who tell him what he can and can't do, and has a devilish streak that leads him to doing dare-devil tricks on his skates, trying to shock people with his seemingly impossible tricks.

Good Aspect: The Mu-Mu Fruit

Having eaten the Mu-Mu Fruit, Tommy is able to alter the coefficient of friction of objects around him, although it's easier to make greater changes for smaller or closer objects. Unfortunately, this doesn't let him create or stop force, all he can do is alter friction so that energy is conserved, redirected or dissipated.

Fair Aspect: Walking On Knives

Since his home is a giant sheet of ice, he learned to use skates rather than walking normally. Thanks to his Mu-Mu fruit powers, he can ice skate on any solid surface as though it were ice. Of course, he is on his skates so often that having to walk without them causes him some problems, and he doesn't always realize the kind of damage that his skates cause to the surfaces he travels on.

Average Aspect: Everyone Loves A Trick-ster

Tommy wants to impress people, even if he always says that he doesn't care what people think of him. His daredevil stunts are just a way for him to shout to the world that he has worth, that he exists and should be looked at. His skill is always improving, and finding new ways to combine his powers with his skating means he is always thinking up a new stunt to try out. Unfortunately, they don't always work.

Omega Aspect: Look at me!

In the Age of Pirates, a boy on an island is a nobody. It's the pirates who are seen by everyone, who become heroes and villains of their own stories. If there is one thing Tommy wants, it is to be seen and remembered in his own right. Somehow, some way, he will make everyone see him and acknowledge his greatness!

quote:

Mode: The Mu-Mu Fruit(Good)/Action(Fair)/Banter(Average)
+5: Athletics
+4: Combat, Alter Mu
+3: Contacts, Stealth, Provoke
+2: Notice, Physique, Vehicles
+1: Deceive, Empathy, Rapport, Will

Stunts and Megastunts:

Stunt: High-speed Collision - I can move 1 zone and make an attack in the same turn in exchange for giving the GM a boost.

Stunt: Mark Our Turf - +2 to create an Advantage with Provoke when placing the groups flag/symbol somewhere.

Stunt: ??? - This has yet to be revealed!

Megastunt: A Force To Be Reckoned With - Bullet-Proof, able to defend people from up to 1 zone away without taking an action for a FP, but is weak against intangible forces.

quote:

Good Mode: The Mu-Mu Fruit (Athletics, Combat, Stealth, Provoke) - 7 points
Athletics: +4
Combat: +4
Stealth: +3
Alter Mu: +3
Alter Mu Trained (+3) to Focused (+4) - 1 point
Athletics Focused (+4) to Specialized (+5) - 2 points

Fair Mode: Action - Walking On Knives -(Athletics, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Vehicles) - 9 points
Provoke: +3
Notice: +2
Physique: +2
Vehicles: +2

Average Mode: Banter - So Punk It Hurts - (Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Provoke, Rapport, Will) - 9 points
Contacts: +1
Deceive: +1
Empathy: +1
Rapport: +1
Will: +1
Contacts Trained (+1) to Specialized (+3) - 3 points

Total = 30 points

quote:

Weird Skill:

Alter Mu(0):
Overcome: Use devil fruit powers to do things that shouldn't be possible.
Create Advantage: Altering the coefficient of friction between two objects using Devil Fruit powers.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 15, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Redid my character's Modes and changed her Aspects to fit, let me know if this is better

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Oh god I don't know how to mega-stunt why am I so bad at this. Yeah, feel free to pick this apart.

Satchmo, the "Emerald Shark"

Concept: Fishman Sous-Swordsman

Satchmo was practically raised on the sea. Though he was born on Ginger Isle, he grew up among the sailors and fishermen along the coasts. He eventually wandered further and further from the mainland, feeling more and more restless as he grew older. It was only a matter of time before he would get picked up by a group of pirates, the Reed Pirates. He learned how to fight from the school of the Diamond Edge Fillet Style, a style made by chefs on the open seas. This style was a powerful style, where the blades of its practitioners were so sharp and precise that it could slice a ship into pieces like vegetables, often with little more than the air that was sharpened with the stroke. This powerful skill made Satchmo a terror among the Reed Pirates, granting him an infamy as a powerful raider and swordsman. His power and his recent procedure of having his teeth coated in emeralds gave him the nickname of "The Emerald Shark". After a couple of years of adventure and destruction, he was suddenly taken to the notion of settling down. A wife, kids, and a good steady life as a gourmet chef seemed to be his future. Within a couple of years he became one of the greatest chefs of South Blue, cooking up the greatest dishes for the world and chasing children and just about everyone else out of his kitchen, usually with deftly tossed rolling pins.

Iron Chef Aspect: The Perfect Full Course Meal!

He thought he would never take up pirating again. He thought he was out of the game. Then a set of circumstances had ignited a flame in his soul, a flame that took his passion of cooking to the greatest heights imaginable! Through his pursuit and involvement in the world of gourmet, he has seen a dream that few dare to dream; to create the perfect full course meal! A full course meal so perfect, even the gods would step down from heaven just for a chance to eat it! And the grand finale in this meal? Why, no less than a Devil's Fruit!!!

Fishman Aspect: Don't Call Me Fish, Human

Unfortunately, there is quite a lot of stigma against Fishmen in the World Government. On top of that, the propaganda that filters down to the people, on top of the dozens of wanted posters of powerful fishmen pirates, has caused many a human to discriminate against the entire species. It doesn't help that a very vocal seeming majority claim absolute superiority to humans, posturing themselves as though they intend to rule over them with an iron fist. Though Satchmo doesn't really buy into the lording over humans with their superiority bit, he will gladly get into a fight over mistreatment of his fishman brothers and sisters. Perhaps some could say a little too gladly...

Action Aspect: Not Fat, Just Big-Boned

Satchmo is a bit...portly looking. His slightly shorter stature and thick, wide frame tends to give him the body more suited to a whale than a catfish. Still, despite appearances, Satchmo has tons of muscle, and is more than suited to the quick movements and arduous tasks of both the kitchen and the South Blue. It still makes some chairs a bit uncomfortable though.

Omega Aspect: Bass Pro Puns

Sometimes, Satchmo gets this unbearable urge to indulge in the Dad-est of all Dad Jokes: puns. Even worse, they are all the same sort of puns, puns involving fish. It's uncertain whether it's insulting to fishmen and merfolk or not, but regardless it is painful to those within earshot.

quote:

Mode: Iron Chef(Good)/Fishman(Fair)/Action(Average)
+5 Cutlery/
+4 Cooking, Provoke/
+3 Empathy/ Athletics, Combat, Physique, Notice/
+2 /Rapport/
+1 //Vehicles

Stunts & Mega Stunts:

Fishman Power: Fishmen are born physically ten times stronger than the average human. Absolutely stronger than any human (Physique), but at a cost. In addition, gain Weapon:2 when using strength in an attack.

Like A Fish In Water: Absolutely better at swimming than any human (Athletics), but weak against electricity when in water.

Catfish Whiskers: Satchmo has finer senses of taste, smell, and hearing, with various systems all over his body enhancing and redefining these senses. Gain +2 to Notice Overcome checks that involve taste, smell, and hearing.

Diamond Edge Fillet Style: When using sharp, bladed weapons, gain Weapon:2. In addition, when using Cutlery to attack with blades, you may spend a Fate Point and take mental stress to gain a bonus to your roll equal to the amount of mental stress you take. You can take consequences because of this.

6 Applications - 5 = 1 extra fate point for GM.

quote:

Iron Chef: 14
Cutlery 3
Cooking 3
Provoke 1
Empathy 3
Trained to Specialized (Cutlery) 3
Trained to Focused (Cooking) 1

Fishman: 7
Athletics 2
Physique 1
Notice 1
Combat 2
Rapport 1

Action: 9
Athletics
Combat
Notice
Physique
Provoke
Vehicles

Total = 30
------
Weird Skills:

Cutlery (3):
Overcome: Do some crazy-rear end cutting.
Create Advantage: Use your long refined arts of taking care of and using blades.
Attack: Cut all the things.
Defend: Use the sharp things to avoid getting cut.

Cooking (3):
Overcome: Anything related to cooking or being involved in the culinary world.
Create Advantage:
Attack: There's a lot of very painful techniques that a chef learns with food...

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This came up in #rhod:

Obviously, this crew needs a captain and a tenuous theme. The theme being based around the captain seems a pretty good idea.

To that end, everybody who gets in should submit a flag for the crew, and the best submission made the captain.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

That's a really good idea. I doubt that I'd come up with a good design though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Great, you made me spend like 20 minutes making a basic design.

Edit: Here it is if we're just posting them.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 31, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

I just kept making reductions until I felt the time investment was worth it.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 3, 2014

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I think this is about the best that I've got in me.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Rough draft while I edit out any mistakes and add a backstory. If you guys see anything wrong, please let me know.

Story Time:

Frankie was sleeping off the night's festivities when he felt something poking his head. His first thought was to nudge the good-time girl off him, until he realized the girl was sleeping on his right, and the nudge was coming from the left. And whatever was poking him was cold and hard, like something metal, like -

- like a gun barrel.

Frankie quickly turned to face the intruder, and stopped when he saw Jed's face. His former friend was smiling, in the same way a shark smiles.

"Busy night, Frank?" Jed asked, pointing the gun at Frankie. "The dancing, the drinking, the clubs, her - all cost a pretty penny. That how you spending the money you made by killing me?"

"You - you can't be" Frankie was going to finish with "alive" when a short sharp squeal meant the girl was up, and saw their new guest. Jed nodded to her. "Evening ma'am - or rather, morning. Could you see yourself out, please? Me and my old friend have some catching up to do." The girl quickly got her clothes, handbag, and money and ran off, with Jed sending her off with "Have a nice day" before he turned his full attention to Frankie.

"So, where were we, Frankie? Oh yeah," Jed started to snarl, "you set me up and had me shot! I got that museum piece found for you, and you get a goon squad to blast me away! You set me up, you son of a bitch. Who paid you to do it?"

Frankie had issues answering, mainly due to Jed's cold hand around his throat. When Jed loosened his grip, he started to talk. "You're dead! I saw you shot! You're dead - you can't be here!" He was almost crying.

"Who killed me!" Jed continued to ask, this time putting the gun on Frankie's forehead.

"It was Reeves! Ed Reeves!"

Jed glared at Frankie. "Edgar Reeves? The second-in-command of the Black Circle? I would ask if Silver Dollar Sam was behind this, but the papers say he's in the hospital recovering from lead poisoning from an attempted hit. Is Reeves taking over?"

Frankie continued to sing, tears starting to run down his face. "Reeves is working for the Van Raths! They give him and his goons the money, he gives them the artifact! I didn't know they were going to kill you, I swear!"

"The Van Raths? They could have legit bought the drat thing. Why do they want it? Where are they?"

"You're too late Jed - they all left on their yacht when I gave them the thing. Said it was their key to the big time - said it was the key to the Piece!"

Jed let Frankie go, and stared in disbelief. "The One Piece? That fairy tale? Those assholes got me killed over a god drat goose chase!?"

Frankie tried to scramble away, but found Jed's icy cold grip over his neck. "I got killed over a drat fairy tale. You, Reeves, the Van Raths, all of their goons - I'm getting them. You know me Frank, I pay my debts and want mine paid in turn. And you all owe me my life."

"But you're dead," Frankie squealed. "Why are you back?"

Jed looked Frank dead on. "Don't know. Woke up hurting with a taste in my mouth," Jed reached in his coat pocked and pulled off a bit of strange fruit. "Thought you assholes just left me for dead after giving me a last meal. One hospital visit later - well I was all wrong."

"Jesus christ, is that a Devil Fruit? Never seen one, didn't know they existed! How did you-"

"This isn't mine, Frankie. I dunno, maybe someone wanted to give me a second chance. Maybe I'll find out who, but first..."

"Don't shoot me Jed, please! We can make a deal, I can give you money I can-"

"I'm not going to shoot you Frank. I'm too pissed for that. I got my own thing now." Jed's voice grew darker as his eyes slowly turned red. "I may not be all that creative, but I can certainly try..."

The screaming started. For a short while.

So there he was, ready to climb the next step on the staircase of revenge. But they skipped town, went on a fool's chase for a treasure that probably doesn't exist - the last joke from a dying pirate. And here he was, another fool going after them. But he wasn't a sea-farer, not a sailer. But if he could find a group that was, hitch up with them, maybe they could help him track down Reeves and the Van Raths. And if he was really wrong, if that drat treasure did exist...

...nah. It's fake. Besides, what use does a dead man got with gold?

Revenge? Now that's tangible.

pre:
Name: Jed Raspers

Concept Aspect: Undead Wiseguy PI

Good Mode (+3): Intrigue
Athletics +4, Burglary, Contacts,
Deceive, Notice +4 , Stealth

Fair Mode(+2): Zombi
Combat +3, Physique +3 , Will, Calling the Juju

Calling the Juju -
Create Advantage: Use your status between the crossroads of life and death to call spirits/loa/things to aid/hinder your friends/enemies
Overcome: Boost yourself with spectral aid or your natural unnaturalness.

Average Mode (+1): Action
Provoke, Vehicles

Intrigue Aspect: I'll Solve This, Even If It Kills Me (Again)
Zombi Aspect: Pros and Cons of Unlife (and also Devil Fruits, I Guess)
Action Aspect: Cold Fists and Hot Lead
Omega Aspect: I'm So In The Wrong drat Genre

Stress:
Physical O O O
Mental O O O

Stunts:
Scary Bastard: +2 to Provoke When you threaten someone
Still a Detective: +2 to Notice when trying to find clues to a case
The Dead Don't Feel Pain (Megastunt): Armor Rating 2; Fearproof but with a Cost
Back From the Grave: When taken out, spend a fate point to clear a consequence and X harm, and re-enter the action
I Know People (and Things) Who Know Things (and People): +2 to Contacts when interacting with cops and crooks

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 7, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

My flag. Yes, that should be a snowflake + a skull.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 1, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ugh this is terrible

e: after some sleep i like it a lot more

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 1, 2014

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Terrible flags from a terrible person:

And the original design idea:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Name: Leonardo Pollock

Concept Aspect: Devil Fruit-Powered Art Thief/Art Lover
The name "Phantom Thief P" strikes fear into the heart of every art collector, museum curator, and gallery owner in the South Blue. Many a priceless artwork has been stolen in the dead of night, with only a signed note left behind: "This belongs to a TRUE art lover! -Phantom Thief P" Little do they know that a Devil Fruit user is behind all these heists, as he leaves no trace of his powers behind. Leonardo, the man behind Phantom Thief P, seeks to amass the greatest collection of art in the world. To that end, he longs to travel the Grand Line, where the true masterpieces rest. In fact, it is rumored that One Piece contains the very first piece of art to ever be created...

Good Mode: Sheaf-Sheaf Fruit [10 pts] (Athletics, Stealth, Combat, Burglary, Will, Sheaf-Sheaf Fruit)
Specialized (+5): Athletics
Focused (+4): Stealth, Burglary, Combat

Fair Mode: Intrigue (9pts)
Focused (+3): Notice
Trained (+2):

Average Mode: Action (9pts)
Trained (+1):

Total: 28 Pts - 2 Spare

Good Mode (Signature) Aspect: Paper-Powered Artiste
Leonardo purchased the Sheaf-Sheaf Fruit using the money left to him after his family's disappearance at sea, seeking a "greater connection" to his art, as well as a way to fill the void his family left behind. What better way to do that than to use his own body as an ever replenishing canvas? Beyond that, he feels like the powers granted by the Fruit are a way for him to best express his creative soul at all times.

Fair Mode Aspect: Infamous in the Art World
Due to his "collecting" at night, and his creation of works during the day, Leonardo is famous in both the above- and underground art world. Of course, his "Phantom Thief P" persona is the known art thief. Leon feels all warm and fuzzy when he thinks of his fame, or overhears some juicy gossip on Phantom's real identity.

Average Mode Aspect: Body Like a Statue's
Leonardo has trained and toned his body, in order to provide an easy reference for his musculature works. Plus, the additional athleticism helped his special "endeavors" before he ate the Sheaf-Sheaf Fruit.

Omega Aspect: Arts & Crafts Virtuoso
While Leonardo makes his mark using fine art, he still has a deep and abiding love for the arts and crafts that occupied so many happy childhood hours with his younger sister. In his downtime, Leo can be found occupied with scissors, paper, and glue. He has such a deep love, he learned how to fight with a specially crafted pair of scissor-daggers. Even in the heat of battle, he can create masterpieces!

Stunts & Megastunts:
1. Papers, Please!: Leonardo has a +2 bonus with Deceive, when creating or passing off forged identification or artworks.

2. Signature Aspect: "Paper-Powered Artiste": Once per issue, I can invoke this aspect once for free. Compels cost the GM 2 Fate; refusals cost me 2.

3. Paper Beats Everything*: Bulletproof, but has a weakness to fire/flames. Absolute Ability to overcome obstacles using his Sheaf-Sheaf powers
*Everything does not include fire, flames, explosions,etc

4. The Unkindest (Paper)Cut: Weapon:2 when engaged in close combat with an opponent, also requires the use of an entire arm, so a good kick might knock Leo off balance...

Physical Stress:OOOOO
Mental Stress:OOOO

---

Leonardo's weapons of choice:

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 2, 2014

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

"Wooden Blade" Ivy Norris

Aspects
Concept: Samurai Warrior

Good Mode: Way of the Blade
(Athletics, Combat, Empathy, Notice, Physique, Will)

Fair Mode: Moku-Moku Fruit/Wooden Woman
(Wood-Manipulation, Athletics, Physique))

Average Mode: Local Hero (Action)
(Athletics, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Vehicles)

Omega:

Skills:
+5: Athletics, Physique
+4: Wood-Manipulation, Combat, Notice
+3: Empathy, Will
+2:
+1: Vehicles

Way of the Blade: 10 pts, Moku-Moku Fruit: 5 pts, Action: 9 pts, 3 pts. to Specialize Wood-Manipulation; 3 pts left over

Stress
Mental: OOOO

Stunts

Gonna try and finish tomorrow

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think you posted the wrong OP :colbert:
Just a side note--I never noticed all the random sound effects before.

Anyway, probably making something. I'm thinking either a super-swimmer (because with all these DF-users, someone is going to have to rescue them when they go overboard) or a guy with a sword that lights on fire (because the hilt is a lighter, you see).

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hope I did this right--just read the Atomic Robo rulebook over the course of the last 24 hours. Also, I hope that the backstory is suitably One Piece.

"Good Luck" Flint

Description: His features are typical of the Pyrosi; a dark skinned complexion framed by red hair with deep green eyes. He wears a headband that reads "Good Luck to You" It was a gift and good luck charm given to him by his aunt and uncle as he left the Pyrosi ghetto.

Concept: The Hope of a Fallen People
Flint is not the first of his people to fly the Jolly Roger, but he hopes to be the last. It is his dream to see his people reborn—returned to their homeland, restored to prosperity or other forms of rebirth. The means do not matter, be it by wealth, wit, or wielding a blade. This makes him resolute, hardy, a driven man. He has also nursed a terrible grudge against the Marines over the years, and toward the World Government, for what they did to his people and to his father.

Good (Signature) Aspect: Proud Pyrosi Warrior
A child of Pyr is taught the cycle of death and rebirth. We do not war to kill. We do not make war to die. We fight so that what is may be reborn as what should be. Such is the way of Pyr. Flint is a skilled warrior, like his father and his mother before him. Swift, strong, and adept with the deadly phlogisteel sword, he is also unfortunately a very prideful youth.

Fair Aspect: Headman’s Son
Basalt taught his son the ways of leadership. That one must compromise in order to make peace. He showed him the terrible burden of responsibility through the choices he was forced to make. Through his conviction, even in death. As such, he is uncertain if he can shoulder the burdens of his father.

Average Aspect: Burnt Fingertips and Singed Eyebrows
All Pyrosi know that the phlogistone is a gift from the goddess Pyr. Its use is a sacred art to the Flint’s people, and he takes his study of it seriously. However, unlike his teachers, he did not limit himself to the study of fire-rock alone. He delved into books of chemistry and the sciences, learning all he could about the world at large—he knew it would be vital when he was grown. He would often tinker with strange chemicals and devices—the results were heard for miles around.

Omega Aspect: Stranger in a Strange Land
From birth to age 13, the island of Pyros was Flint’s entire world. Visitors were rare, save for the odd trader, (foolish) pirate, or traveler blown off course by a storm. After his people were forcefully emigrated to the Red Line, only the by the strength of their communal bonds did they survive. Though he is more adventurous than most of his people, he can still be overwhelmed by the strangeness of the grand cities of the world and the press of the crowds. On the other hand, being a native to the Grand Line, he is more adept at dealing with the weirder circumstances that might turn up.

Skills/Modes: I left 3 points unused.

Good Mode +3: Firedancer (7p) - Athletics, Physique
Focused: Combat +5
Specialized: Notice +4
Focused: Will +5

Fair Mode +2: Banter (9p) - Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Rapport
Specialized: Provoke +3

Average Mode +1: Tinkerer (4p) - Knowledge (All)
Specialized: Chemistry +2
Specialized: Metalwork +2
Specialized: Vehicles +2

Stunts/Megastunts: Value is seven, GM gets 1 extra FP
Equipment: Phlogisteel Blade - Weapon 4, Weapon 6 at a cost “Pyre Strike!”
Flaw: Unwieldy

Sacred Stones: Absolute Ability using Chemistry to Overcome and +2 to use Chemistry to create an Advantage when Phlogistone is on hand. Weakness: Rare

Signature Aspect: Proud Pyrosi Warrior: 1 free invoke once per issue, double fate for compels both ways

That All You Got?: +2 to Provoke attacks when Flint has one or more consequences

Bloody-Minded Determination: Once per scene, take physical stress as mental.

Backstory
Too Long, Didn’t Read Version: Until around age 13, Flint lived on the island of Pyros in the Grand Line. Then the Marines heard about a peculiar mineral on the island known as phlogistone that, among other things, would allow them to make gunpowder that fired when wet and only when struck. So when they wouldn’t sell, the World Government “evacuated” them under false pretenses, resettling them on the Red Line by the South Blue. Flint feels that this killed his father, and so he blames the Marines and the government.

In the Grand Line, there was an island where its people lived in the shadow of their god. That island was Pyros, the island of fire. The Pyrosi people lived under the watchful eye of their goddess, Pyr. She is the mother goddess, and the destroyer. She teaches the Pyrosi the ways of the world. When Pyr was angry, destruction came to Pyros, and the people fled to the sea in their boats. But her temper would cool, and the fires would burn themselves out. And from death, would come rebirth. For the ash from Pyr’s mountain enriched the island so that Pyros would bloom again, with greater vigor than ever before.

Pyr gave her children another gift, a peculiar type of stone found nowhere else in the world; it was truly a sign of the goddess’s love. This mineral is called phlogistone, fire-rock. Its uses are myriad. When raw phlogistone is struck, it ignites, making it an excellent fire-starter or even a handy explosive. If ground phlogistone is mixed with certain herbs, it makes a potent antiseptic. It can be alloyed with iron in a secret and holy process known only to the Pyrosi people, creating phlogisteel. Phlogisteel burns, but is never consumed. Gunpowder made using phlogistone will always ignite, even when wet—the miracle mineral burns even underwater and only burns when struck, fire will not cause it to ignite. It is perhaps this last usage that spelled doom for the Pyrosi way of life.

On that island of Pyros, there lived a young boy named Flint. His father, Basalt, was the headman of their village; a man equally respected for his prowess in battle as for his wisdom. Flint grew up much in the way all Pyrosi do; learning how to hunt, to fish, to grow food. They would learn the ways of war, yes, but only as Pyr wished. In their education, they would learn the ways of Pyr; learning to hunt, to fish, to kill, they learn of destruction, of death. But when they learn to grow and learn of the ways of their people, they come to know of Pyr’s grace.

As the time of Flint’s fire rite—his passage into manhood—approached, they came to Pyros. A lieutenant of the Marines came to speak with his father on important matters. Marines were rare around here, the only ships they saw were traders, pirates, and people blown far off course from the usual trade lanes. His father let him sit in on the audience with the lieutenant, as he would one day be Headman, and he was close to manhood. The lieutenant seemed like a weasel of a man, unworthy of sitting with his father, let alone speaking, yet he still heard him. Though perhaps he should not have, as what he wanted…was blasphemous.

The lieutenant wanted phlogistone. He said it the World Government would put it to great use in defending the seas in this dangerous age, and the Pyrosi would be rewarded for their help. But it was impossible. Though they did sometimes sell phlogistone and items made from it, this was a rare occurrence, only done when the portents allowed for it, and never for base profit. The fire-rock was a gift to the Pyrosi people, any use of it must benefit all—so the rare sale was purely for items that could not be found on Pyros—certain medicines, some manufactured goods and a few luxuries such as spices from faraway lands. Headman Basalt replied politely, but firmly. He could not sell the phlogistone—and certainly not in the quantities that the World Government required. The lieutenant did not take it well, leaving with a dark look.

Flint was not there when the Marines returned. He was with the Goddess, performing the rites. He had to endure the heat for half a day and then he would be a man. Though his father assured him that even if he didn’t last the whole time, they’d let him be a man anyway—the Pyrosi were few enough without killing their youths from heat exhaustion in a volcano. When he returned, exhausted, dehydrated, but glowing with pride and bearing the phoenix of Pyr around his neck, he saw the seagull sails in the harbor. He ran to the Headman’s Hall, where his father would have received the visitors—but when he tried to enter, his father made him leave, his voice strained.

When Headman Basalt emerged from the Hall, the lieutenant beside him, he appeared as if twenty years older. He spoke to his people as if he was marshalling all the strength he had left. “We must leave Pyros. There will come a day when we can return, but for now, we must go. Pyr will soon erupt greater than ever before and we will not be able to escape her fury. The Marines will evacuate us to a safe place until she is calm once more.” The people were shocked. They couldn’t believe that the goddess could do such a thing to them without any sign or warning, but the lieutenant stepped in assuring them that scientists from the WG had determined it with absolute certainty—Pyr would erupt catastrophically very soon, and any near it would die. They could not wait it out in boats; they would have to flee the island.

Pyros shrank from sight as the marine vessels carried them away. Flint shook with rage. He could not believe that this would be true. He sat before Pyr just days ago and she was as calm as the spring winds. He asked his father, “We are not leaving because Pyr will erupt, are we?”

Basalt whispered, “No.”

“Then why must we leave? Why don’t we fight? You’re a great warrior father and I’m a man now—we can fight them together!”

The Headman held his son tightly. “When you sat before Pyr, Lieutenant Sirocco came to speak with me again. But he had no trade offer. Just an ultimatum. Go with his evacuation plan, or else the phlogistone would be seized with the full force of the Navy. We are strong, my son, but we are few. I know the pain you feel now; it is like something inside you is dying. But remember the teachings of Pyr. That which dies, can be reborn. This is merely a death, Flint. The Pyrosi will be reborn one day, greater than ever before.”

A year after resettlement on that wretched patch of the Red Line, Headman Basalt died of a mainlander disease. Flint was raised by what was left of his family and his people as they struggled to live in the desolate place that was their new home. Pyros was rich, fertile. This land…was unyielding, stubborn, but so were the Pyrosi. They made a living, but only just. And as he grew, Flint nursed his grudge and kept his goals clear, training every day so that he might be able to achieve his dreams. He would restore his people to their homeland, he would see them reborn. Whether by wit or wealth or wielding his family’s phlogisteel blade, he would succeed.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 21, 2014

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

First time doing this, hope I got it right.

"Shaper" Bennett

Concept Aspect: Shaper of the Future

Knowing only the destitution and despair of poverty as a child, Bennett grew up with one singular goal: To help people in the way he had wished someone would have helped him, his family, and his friends as he lost one person after another to the hellish conditions within which they lived. To this end, he would proudly join the Marines, his intense drive and dedication endearing himself to his peers and a smattering of his superiors. Unfortunately, he would eventually become privy to both the extreme corruption of several officers as well as witness firsthand the despots the World Government supported. After a violent falling out with his immediate superior over being told to ignore the suffering wrought by a king they had come to support, Bennett would exit from the Marines, taking the Shape-Shape Fruit that the officer had recently acquired as a bribe for himself as he fled. A chance meeting with a group of pirates that took him to South Blue would enamor him with the freedom they enjoyed in their life at sea, a freedom that particular crew often used to do what they felt was right. Though they would eventually part, that adoration of how they used their freedom never left him, and Bennett soon found himself with and a part of a whole other crew as he took once more to the seas in a bid to be the person he had often wished for as a child.

Good Mode: The Shape-Shape Fruit (Combat, Physique, Notice) [4 Pts]
Specialized (+5) - Combat
Focused (+4) - Physique
Trained (+3) - Notice

Fair Mode: Action [9 Pts]
Focused (+3) - Athletics, Vehicles

Average Mode: Banter [9 Pts]
Focused (+2) - Contacts, Rapport, Will

Total: 30 points

Good Mode (Signature) Aspect: The Shape-Shape Fruit.
Bennett employs the powers of the Shape-Shape Fruit, making him a Shaping Man. Using his hands, he is able to take any solid, inorganic matter and reduce it to a putty-like consistency that he can then shape into any form he pleases before reconstituting it into it's original strength and density. He can effectively melt weapons and armor, as well as reinforce his own limbs by coating them with the matter. Standard devil fruit weaknesses apply, and his ability is ineffective against seastone. Any coating may hinder his movement once the material used regains its weight. Using wood might also be a bad idea around fire.

Fair Mode Aspect: Train and Run
His time in the Marines saw Bennett being briefly taken under the wing of a small selection of high-ranking officers. As a result, he underwent intense physical training that greatly developed his strength and endurance. He also served some time as a Marine vessel's helmsman.

Average Mode: What Was Left Behind
Bennett made numerous friends in the Marines, and may very well have some contacts left that could prove useful from time to time. That said, he also did not leave on the best of terms. Some of his fellow Marines may be sympathetic toward his reasons for leaving - others may be infuriated.

Omega Aspect: For Their Future
Bennett has an almost single-minded drive to help those who may need it, resulting in an often hot head and brash actions. He will put himself in harm's way without a second thought, making him a prime target for deception and isolation.

Stress
Mental: OOO

Stunts and Megastunts
Give it a Hand: When you can turn solid material into putty, some doors just seem to open. Once per scene, Bennett can use Combat instead of Burglary on a roll.

Signature Aspect: Shape-Shape Fruit: Bennett can invoke this aspect once per issue for free.

Quick-Shape: Bennett performs a quick, rough shaping to create an Advantage. Costs 1 Fate point.

Absolute Coating: Bennett uses his fruit to coat his limbs and chest with a thin layer of hard material, granting him Weapon:1 and Armor:1. However, he is defenseless while preparing and applying this coating and is a prime target for sneak attacks. Individual materials he uses may also have some weakness.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Sicne the deadline is probably around the corner, I am about done with my character, give me a couple of hours.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Edited my guy a bit (just descriptive stuff and spelling errors)

Also, here's a flag I spent too long making. Most of the time was spent struggling with GIMP.

The crossbones are sevens :haw:

Edited the flag just a bit.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 6, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Alright, my internet was down for 4 days so the retruit took longer than I thought. ...

But there's new entries to read, so whatever!

Anyway, recruitment is now closed. I'll be deciding on who gets in sometime tomorrow, probably.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hey, if you take seven of us, we can use my flag and we'll be the Lucky 7 Pirates :yarr:

Alternatively, the Danzig Pirates :black101:

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 6, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Make me the captain so we can be the Wrecking Crew :haw:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

If I was captain of this fine crew, due to my arts and crafts skills and my paper powers, we'd be called The Pop-Up Pirates. :rimshot:

And if we're doing ship names, the Pop-Up Pirates would sail the seas on the mighty Palette.

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

FewtureMD posted:

If I was captain of this fine crew, due to my arts and crafts skills and my paper powers, we'd be called The Pop-Up Pirates. :rimshot:

Kegan would be on-board that ship in a heartbeat.

• Locked thread