Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rhaz - can someone invite to mantina?

I played for quite a while last year, when GoonTown was just a baby town getting set up. In game name is Rhazau. Full rifleman! Might start a new character though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Westy543 posted:

Yep. Kwi's are poo poo for yield. I've got 1mil of Plevuvyun waiting for you, Tai. When and where?

Active now I have my lap top so if you see me in the mantina, just ping me.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
How long does it generally take for Basilisk to crash? I deleted my character forgetting that I can't use the same name until it happens.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
Usually within a few days, it's not very consistent but you won't have to wait too long.

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
Going to start this up again for the 500th time. What is the Goon population like these days? What is the policy on inviting non Goons to guild?

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers

Mindisgone posted:

Going to start this up again for the 500th time. What is the Goon population like these days? What is the policy on inviting non Goons to guild?

There are 5-10 active people in chat, Goontown runs fairly smoothly.. dunno how active people are in game though. Pub5 has been kinda slow.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Tai posted:

Active now I have my lap top so if you see me in the mantina, just ping me.

With how much I'm online on SWGEmu lately I'd be better dropping them off at a vendor. :shobon:

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
Does anyone have (or is) the hookup for cheap minerals, steel and copper specifically. Undercutting the swoop market and has worked good so far for some quick space creds.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Market is pretty cheap for it. 0.6 CPU is the usual price. You're better off mining it though. Undercutting from buying mats is pretty dumb.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Westy543 posted:

With how much I'm online on SWGEmu lately I'd be better dropping them off at a vendor. :shobon:

Can drop off at 656 -5601 south of cnet. Leave a post here once you drop off.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Any of you nerds in The Repop alpha? Wrong thread but I'm not making a new one to ask a question about a thoroughly similar game

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I know people generally are out and about more in the summer, but coming back to the game for the first time in weeks, it seems a bit quieter. Active user numbers are down, and the Coronet bazaar is not quite as busy as it used to be. Goontown is still looking strong.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
They banned add spamming to once every two minutes or something so probably feels quieter. Population is down by only around 5% or so according to their player counter.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I didn't mean to say it was a huge decline. It's a little bit lower is all, going by the bazaar mainly. That might just be a measure of how newbie players are playing without merchant alts.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Tai posted:

Can drop off at 656 -5601 south of cnet. Leave a post here once you drop off.

Went to waypoint, house is empty aside from a few backpacks. :shrug: Leaving at noon tomorrow (today, Monday) for out of town for a week, so it'll be at least til next Monday when I can get it to you. :ohdear:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
haha wooops, I forgot to add an item to the vendor so it doesn't go poof. I'll add another one by the time you are back.

oblivion3134
Dec 25, 2007
Can I get an invite on Tepor Ivuli (character name, leaving off steam name for ~reasons~).

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

oblivion3134 posted:

Can I get an invite on Tepor Ivuli (character name, leaving off steam name for ~reasons~).

You dont trust your fellow Star Goons ? ...Shameful.

Also if you want to dwell in the sweet goon community you've to join the steamchat because nobody at all uses guildchat.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Ok you guys are kinda dropping the ball here, I've been group leading completely alone in the cantina for the past two days, and you guys are nowhere to be found in the chat.

We're not doing so good, please come back. :smith:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I would help I just don't have any characters to offer. :smith: You do a lot for the city, the least someone should be able to do is relieve you for awhile. I hope it's just a quick dip in activity with school starting up.

Edit: Also tai, still no vendor at the coords you gave. Just an empty house with some backpacks.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 26, 2014

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I can log in if people need something transferred over to give them control but I'm getting destroyed this semester on free time. Two math classes and a language at the same time.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.
Well like I told medigoo earlier ...I think I convinced two of my ex guildies to farm entertainers and theyre willing to set them up 24/7 (probably)...

As for me I'll gladly help out with whatever I can do ATK.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010
Been jonesing for SWG's glory days of late, so I'm in. Will probably pop into Steam chat later today once I've gotten myself situated and feel vaguely like I remember what I'm doing in this game.

WARDUKE
Sep 18, 2012

Muscly armed warrior with glowing eyes and shit.
Anyone still playing? Looking to meet up on Dantooine for guild invite.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi
If you are ever in the market for something a little different SWG wise, check out Bloodfin Emu at https://www.bloodfin.net its another Emu server with a smaller but growing community of pubbies begging to be abused played with.

They have some unique alterations that are not and will not be available on Basilisk, such as NGE era houses, new speeders, new content, Jedi and an active Force Ranking System, an extended Player Bounty System that allows anyone to place a bounty on anyone regardless of their profession.

I've been poking around on it for the past few months and it really isn't too shabby.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers

Levarris posted:

If you are ever in the market for something a little different SWG wise, check out Bloodfin Emu at https://www.bloodfin.net its another Emu server with a smaller but growing community of pubbies begging to be abused played with.

They have some unique alterations that are not and will not be available on Basilisk, such as NGE era houses, new speeders, new content, Jedi and an active Force Ranking System, an extended Player Bounty System that allows anyone to place a bounty on anyone regardless of their profession.

I've been poking around on it for the past few months and it really isn't too shabby.

I might have to give that a try.. emu has gotten quite boring.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

It seems like the goon guild might be dead (if it's not I'd be interested) but my friend and I just downloaded this and played for awhile. I'm a Mon Calamari Marksman named Nasreddin Hodja if anyone wants to hook up, my buddy and I could use some help figuring out exactly what to do. We've just been grinding missions and stuff, he wants to be a bounty hunter and I'm interested in the scout and medic tree. I'm really liking the vibrant community and player world so far, it's actually a lot of fun having to interact with other players to get wounds healed and stuff., though it seems kinda hard to break into the economy at low levels cus we're so broke.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Those looking to join need to actually come into the steam group chat in the op and actually stick around. Though, I will warn you now that all you will find is a jaded skeleton crew keeping the town's bots running and little else.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I've spent the past couple days getting into this game (that money really, really helped)and I have to say I'm weirdly addicted. I'm most of the way through Rifles IV, working on the 3rd level of Medic Crafting Exp, and I'm like 2x22 on scout skills. I think ultimately I want to be a combat medic. I'm also making a little extra cash selling stimpak ingredients and stuff on the bazaar, so I'm starting to get a rudimentary understanding of the economy. It's really interesting how few NPCs there are are - no vendors, no doctors, etc, just player driven interaction. Really neat coming from theme park MMOs to a genuine sandbox.

Anyway, how do I level my actual healing abilities? Healdamage, tenddamaage, etc. I do a painfully small amount of healing and I can't heal mind wounds yet (though I have action wound stimpaks) and it doesn't seem to do much to impact the ~400 wounds I have coming back from a good long mission run. I've been using them on my friend whenever he gets wounded since we're doing everything together but it's still very slow going. I feel like I'm probably missing something obvious, like making an alt and wounding him and healing him for awhile, or something.

Also re: the Goon Guild, I really appreciate that cash injection and goontown seems pretty active, but the guild is feeling super dead. I might drop it and join one of the pretty active noob guilds on Tatooine, but I'm not sure about that. Just thought I'd say something so it didn't look like I took your cash and quit the game because I absolutely intend to keep playing but it seems like an active group is more important in SWG than other MMOs.

also there was some prtty funny consternation last night because someone kept pulling huge packs of krayt dragons into the mos eisley med center

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
A new major patch must be due soon and it brings people back. Plus summer is finishing up.

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

Hoping to get into this too. Torgaddon Trench or Vargall Adonis ingame.

Adonis Gunther fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 24, 2014

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I'm still trucking along in this game working on Rifleman/CM4004/Doc and things are really getting better, mission-grinding wise, now that I've got a 75k grinding spraystick and Startling Shot 2. I can group dps every wave of huurtons on dantooine in the time it used to take me to kill 1-2, which owns. I also built a house outside Fanfar with my buddy and we've been taking advantage of their buffs/doctors. We were contemplating joining <FLO> (I left GS in search of more active pastures but I've had no luck) but they have a super lame application process full of dorky questions so if GS becomes a little more active my buddy and will definitely join in.

Anyway, how do I grind medic? In all the time I've been playing all my healing has learned me First Aid I and that's it. If I want MM I definitely need a better way to get through those healing exp boxes.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Go to Coronet or Theed, in the cantinas there are going to be leveling ents who will appreciate (or not if they're AFK) their action bars being full. Failing that, or maybe first, check the medical centers. Sometimes you're lucky and find an entertainer action grinding. I usually tipped them in the hopes they find it a profitable side venture and stick around. You're going to have a bad time it you have to compete with other leveling Medics. Generally the med center entertainers are tailored to doctors or CM with their larger action bars.

I wish I had more interest in the emu, but I just couldn't be bothered to stick around. Have we lost our 24/7 buff bots?

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

We're not dead yet, we still have at least one squad leader, entertainer, and buff doctor on duty. But even so, clearly the interest is gone, no one is coming to help us run like we used to. Hell, even traffic seems to be kinda low, probably because people know we can't really keep a second group together anymore.

This supposed rumor of pub6 happening may spark something up again, because to be honest pub5 really was kind of a disappointment.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

We're not dead yet, we still have at least one squad leader, entertainer, and buff doctor on duty. But even so, clearly the interest is gone, no one is coming to help us run like we used to. Hell, even traffic seems to be kinda low, probably because people know we can't really keep a second group together anymore.

This supposed rumor of pub6 happening may spark something up again, because to be honest pub5 really was kind of a disappointment.

What is there to keep interest in? SWGEmu replicates Pre-CU in its pure form which in essence is a game with literally nothing to do. No content to devour other than go to the DWB (always camped), go to the Geo Cave for Acklay Bones (always camped), go to the Krayt Graveyard to farm pearls and tissues (Always Camped).

This is why I develop for Bloodfin Emu. We get it that Pre-CU is a boring pile of garbage that gets old in literally a month tops.

Bloodfin has:
- Balanced Pre-CU Combat Professions
- Working Jedi Unlock system and Force Ranking System
- Custom created content dungeons
- NGE Houses, Speeders

Within a week of this post we'll be releasing two entirely new planets filled with things to do and tons of new loot to grab. Give it a try, our server doesn't have the same numbers logged in as basilisk, but then most of the people on basilisk are running bots anyway. We maintain an average of 300-400 people on during our peak hours, and it remains pretty steady 24 hours a day.

Create an account at https://www.bloodfin.net give us a try. If you see me on in game as Levarris, hit me up and I'll gladly throw you a "welcome kit" just be sure to point out you are from SA or I will most likely ignore you.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Bloodfin actually sounds pretty decent. What's the rule on botting and multiboxing? Is that 300-400 unique players?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

zwdzk posted:

Bloodfin actually sounds pretty decent. What's the rule on botting and multiboxing? Is that 300-400 unique players?

Botting, is not allowed with the exception of ents and doctors for buff purposes. Multiboxing, we don't care. And yes thats unique IPs connected.

Edit: Also Creature handler works 100% on our server thanks to our own custom written AI.

Levarris fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Oct 14, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Levarris posted:

Botting, is not allowed with the exception of ents and doctors for buff purposes. Multiboxing, we don't care. And yes thats unique IPs connected.

Edit: Also Creature handler works 100% on our server thanks to our own custom written AI.

Do I really have to email a GM after I create an account?

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

PriNGLeS posted:

Do I really have to email a GM after I create an account?

I have yet to receive word back about my account. What a terrible system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

zwdzk posted:

I have yet to receive word back about my account. What a terrible system.

It's not perfect, but it's in place because we have been getting spammed account creations from angry people at SWGEmu.

What I can and will do for everyone from SA.

PM me if you want an account with an account name / pw you want to use. I will have it created for you personally as soon as I see the PM. This way you can circumvent the emailing etc.

Edit: We are working on a means for autoregistration to work by checking an IP address for an existing account. Once this is enabled we will be turning back on auto-registration and you will not need to wait for an account to be activated / created on the server.

Levarris fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 14, 2014

• Locked thread