Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Ishii is the loving best, goddamn.

and it's awesome how over he is in Korakuen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

This is the first and only time I've had any technical problems with Ustream. It's taken me almost an hour to get them to display a proper order page so I could order the show, and now that I finally ordered, it won't display the stream.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You're all watching BOSJ and I'm going to work. This stinks.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Jerusalem posted:

Ishii is the loving best, goddamn.

Seeing him man handle Fale's big rear end is impressive

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
That match was way better than I expected.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fun match and I love Yujiro in BC, but that new finisher is lame compared to Tokyo Pimps.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I take it Yujiro challenged Ishii for the Never Title?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Jerusalem posted:

I take it Yujiro challenged Ishii for the Never Title?

quote:

@puro_yottsume 29s
Yujiro "So when do you want to do it? Bullet Club is holding tons of belt right now! We haven't had enough! Bullet Club is REAL! This real!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tama Tonga vs Tanahashi doesn't exactly have me on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

HulkaMatt posted:

You're all watching BOSJ and I'm going to work. This stinks.

That's being a grown-up for you!

Being a grown-up kind of sucks :ssh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I desperately need to see Richochet vs Ibushi :stare:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I desperately need to see Richochet vs Ibushi :stare:

Yeah, unfortunately booking a DG guy vs a DDT guy for a NJPW title would probably be a political nightmare. He's so drat good though.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Oh no Kozlov :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

lovely ending to an otherwise good match.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Koslov :(

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hope he's ok, that was still an excellent match considering.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well okay I'm just gonna go right ahead and say it - the Young Bucks are sore losers! :colbert:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Assisted tombstone onto concrete. :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SaberToothedPie posted:

Assisted tombstone onto concrete. :aaa:

Not enough gun :clint:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Not enough gun :clint:

Shades of Brock Lesnar from Kushida!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
KENNY OMEGA YAY

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

KENNY OMEGA YAY

No Megaman music, boo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

Yeah, unfortunately booking a DG guy vs a DDT guy for a NJPW title would probably be a political nightmare. He's so drat good though.

Yeah it's pretty amazing that shows like this can happen at all. "Hey let's bring in a bunch of stars from other promotions and have them wrestle on our card!"

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
poo poo, I love BOSJ, I think I'll be catching up with you guys later :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well they sure as hell saved the best match for last.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Awesome match. Kenny Omega rules so hard.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Holy poo poo Omega won!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SaberToothedPie posted:

Holy poo poo Omega won!

Yeah, loving awesome to see.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pretty good show, no true stand-outs really but the final three matches really built up nicely and the final match of the night definitely deserved its spot.

Edit: Also nice to see a foreign wrestler who has actually learned to speak the language.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Pretty good show, no true stand-outs really but the final three matches really built up nicely and the final match of the night definitely deserved its spot.

Edit: Also nice to see a foreign wrestler who has actually learned to speak the language.

omega is practically honorary japanese at this point. guy spends way more time overseas than not

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

code:

Block A 

KUSHIDA              2
    BUSHI                2
    Ricochet             2
    TAKA Michinoku       2
    Jushin Thunder Liger 0
    Mascara Dorada       0
    Alex Koslov          0
    Matt Jackson         0

Block B

Tiger Mask           2
    Alex Shelley         2
    Kenny Omega          2
    Taichi               2
    Rocky Romero         0
    El Desperado         0
    Ryusuke Taguchi      0
    Nick Jackson         0

@puro_yottsume 3m

Kenny "I'm all right. I'm happy you all cheered for me. I'm sorry about being away. But I'm back now! With your support, I can win this!"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yea ok posted:

omega is practically honorary japanese at this point. guy spends way more time overseas than not

True but guys like Devitt and and I'm guessing KA don't really pick it up despite being full timers. I know Devitt said he never considered it important and preferred to concentrate on his wrestling.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thauros posted:

True but guys like Devitt and and I'm guessing KA don't really pick it up despite being full timers. I know Devitt said he never considered it important and preferred to concentrate on his wrestling.

look they can't all be as dedicated as bruce tharpe

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yea ok posted:

look they can't all be as dedicated as bruce tharpe

well yeah, Bruce Tharpe-desu is basically a god compared to us mere mortals and it's unfair to expect anyone to measure up.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Attendance was 1,680 according to Strong Style Spirit.

That sounded pretty terrible to me, but since I'm a sad dork and it's a slow morning at work I checked to see what was reported for Day 1 in Korakuen last year. It ended up being 1,650, so pretty much the same practically speaking. I'd have liked to have seen some growth, but at least they're not moving backwards.

The only one of the three Korakuen dates last year that did appreciably better was the finals with a reported 2,015 Super No Vacancy. They booked a slightly larger Tokyo building this year (3,200 capacity), hope they can sell out the Finals at least.

quote:

NJPW, 5/30/14 (WPW)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,680 Fans – No Vacancy

5. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [2] beat Mascara Dorada [0] (5:31) with the Michinoku Driver II.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [2] beat Rocky Romero [0] (8:45) with a Tiger suplex hold.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [2] beat El Desperado [0] (5:33) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [2] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (8:51) with the BUSHI Roll.
1. Special 10 Man Tag Match: Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado (18:17) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on YOSHI-HASHI.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [2] beat Alex Koslov [0] (14:29) by referee stop.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [2] beat Nick Jackson [0] ().
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [2] beat Matt Jackson [0] () with a Kimura lock.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [2] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [0] () with the Croyt’s Wrath

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 30, 2014

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Thauros posted:

Karl and Devitt pretty much used to fly in for tours then head home as soon as possible afterwards. Kenny pretty much lives out there now. I hear Shelly has picked up a lot of the language though now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

* Alex Koslov dislocated his shoulder facing Ricochet at Korakuen yesterday and New Japan announced that he will miss the entire tour. All of his matches will be forfeited, handing each opponent 2pts (I’ll add them day by day when his matches were due).

:(

quote:

Day 2
NJPW, 5/31/14 (Samurai! TV)
Kira Messe Numazu

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [4] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [4] beat Tiger Mask [2] (6:36) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [4] beat TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [2] (8:51) with the Benadryller.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada [2] beat KUSHIDA [2] (7:57) with a cradle.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [2] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (6:52) with a modified swinging Stunner.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan () when Anderson pinned Captain after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [2] beat Nick Jackson [0] (9:01) with the Dodon.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [2] beat Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [2] (11:36) with a cradle.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado [2] beat Alex Shelley [2] (9:57) with the Guitarra de Angel.
9. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI (15:56) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on YOSHI-HASHI.

quote:

Block A:
1. BUSHI [4]
- Ricochet [4]
3. KUSHIDA [2]
- TAKA Michinoku [2]
- Matt Jackson [2]
- Mascara Dorada [2]
7. Jushin Thunder Liger [0]
- Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Taichi [4]
2. Tiger Mask [2]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [2]
- El Desperado [2]
- Alex Shelley [2]
- Kenny Omega [2]
- Rocky Romero [2]
8. Nick Jackson [0]

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 31, 2014

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Shame about Koslov. That match was shaping up to be really good before his shoulder popped out again. Just finished the show from Friday and thought it was dead average until the main event. Omega and Taguchi both looked drat good. Hopefully we get better overall match quality in the Finals next weekend.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Day 1 was fun. All kinds of bullshit that a Michinoku Driver got a 3 count and Tiger Driver only 2. :argh:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

NJPW, 6/1/14
Akashi Municipal Industrial Exchange Center
1,260 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [4] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [4] beat BUSHI [4] (7:55) with the Michinoku Driver II.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [4] beat El Desperado [2] (8:33) with a Tiger suplex hold.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [6] beat Nick Jackson [0] (6:17) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada [4] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (7:06) with a front cradle.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan (11:44) when Anderson pinned Captain after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [4] beat Rocky Romero [2] (11:42) with the Dodon.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [4] beat Alex Shelley [2] (11:30) with the Croyt’s Wrath.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [4] beat Ricochet [4] (12:10) with the Hoverboard Lock.
9. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI beat Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga (14:44) when Nakamura used the Boma Ye on Tonga.

quote:

Block A:
1. KUSHIDA [4]
- BUSHI [4]
- TAKA Michinoku [4]
- Matt Jackson [4]
- Ricochet [4]
- Mascara Dorada [4]
7. Jushin Thunder Liger [0]
- Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Taichi [6]
2. Tiger Mask [4]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [4]
- Kenny Omega [4]
5. El Desperado [2]
- Alex Shelley [2]
- Rocky Romero [2]
8. Nick Jackson [0]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
That Black Tiger mask Romero had during Day 1 was amazing, god drat.

Taichi is winning a bunchhh for a dude who's apparently in all kinds of trouble.

• Locked thread