Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Biosys posted:

That Black Tiger mask Romero had during Day 1 was amazing, god drat.

Taichi is winning a bunchhh for a dude who's apparently in all kinds of trouble.

It's the same thing that happened last year, he won 4 straight and was gloating about his sure win and then lost every match after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Can't wait until that Ricochet v Kushida match gets uploaded somewhere.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Can't wait until that Ricochet v Kushida match gets uploaded somewhere.

Yeah, I wish they'd have made that the main for the Korakuen show. KUSHIDA's really loving impressed me the two times I've seen him wrestle live and all of Ricochet's big singles matches this year that I've seen have been fantastic.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Watching day 2 matches on dailymotion. Taichi's new gimmick of lipsyncing rules.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tonfa posted:

Watching day 2 matches on dailymotion. Taichi's new gimmick of lipsyncing rules.

Huh, thanks for the heads up, didn't think they'd be up this quick. Nice to hear the real themes. Shame that's the only non PPV Samurai card.

EDIT: Been a while since I've heard it thanks to Ustream rights, but didn't Taichi's theme used to not have any vocals?

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 1, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Huh, thanks for the heads up, didn't think they'd be up this quick. Nice to hear the real themes. Shame that's the only non PPV Samurai card.

EDIT: Been a while since I've heard it thanks to Ustream rights, but didn't Taichi's theme used to not have any vocals?

He got a new theme.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

He got a new theme.

It's the same one he had before, just with the vocals. It's solely so he has an excuse to bring a mic stand to the ring for dastardly heeling in matches. :allears:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that the second Ustream card from Korakuen is tomorrow morning.

Belltime's 5:30 AM EDT/ 2:30 AM PDT/ 10:30 BST

quote:

Card

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Alex Shelley

Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Ricochet

El Desperado vs. Kenny Omega

KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI

Tanahashi, Naito, Honma, Nakanishi, and Captain vs. Bullet Club (Anderson, Gallows, Fale, Yujiro, Tonga)

Mascara Dorada vs. Alex Koslov

TAKA Michinoku vs. MAtt Jackson

Tiger Mask vs. Nick Jackson

Rocky Romero vs. Taichi

Wouldn't shock me if the Bullet Club multiman is split up into two different matches like on Day 2 to make up for the Koslov/Dorada match not being able to happen due to Alex's injury.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

Reminder that the second Ustream card from Korakuen is tomorrow morning.

Belltime's 5:30 AM EDT/ 2:30 AM PDT/ 10:30 BST

Wouldn't shock me if the Bullet Club multiman is split up into two different matches like on Day 2 to make up for the Koslov/Dorada match not being able to happen due to Alex's injury.

Cool to see Honma slot in with Sekigun with Makabe out. Really looking forward to Liger v Ricochet, Desparado v Omega & Romero v Taichi.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Just starting!

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Is anyone else still watching that can confirm I didn't imagine the "OHHH poo poo" from commentary?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Ishin posted:

Is anyone else still watching that can confirm I didn't imagine the "OHHH poo poo" from commentary?

Not watching, but if Milano is doing commentary you can expect this to happen several times

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cool to see Akira Tozawa show up in Richochet's corner, dude's awesome and I'd love to see him do guest shot on a show.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

NJPW, 6/3/14 (Samurai! TV/iPPV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,636 Fans

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada [6] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [4] beat Taichi [6] (7:14) with a Kurayami piledriver.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Nick Jackson [2] beat Tiger Mask [4] (8:07) with a superkick.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [6] beat Matt Jackson [4] (5:25) with the Michinoku Driver II.
4. Special 10 Man Tag Match: Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan (14:06) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on Captain.
5. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [6] beat KUSHIDA [4] (9:58) with the MX.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado [4] beat Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [4] (14:12) with the Guitarra de Angel.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [2] beat Ricochet [4] (10:39) with an air scissors drop.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [4] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [4] (14:09) with the Automatic Midnight.

quote:

Block A:
1. BUSHI [6]
- TAKA Michinoku [6]
- Mascara Dorada [6]
4. KUSHIDA [4]
- Matt Jackson [4]
- Ricochet [4]
7. Jushin Thunder Liger [2]
8. Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Taichi [6]
2. Tiger Mask [4]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [4]
- El Desperado [4]
- Kenny Omega [4]
- Alex Shelley [4]
- Rocky Romero [4]
8. Nick Jackson [2]

While 1,636 doesn't sound great it's actually a small but noticeable improvement over the 2nd Korakuen card from last year's BOSJ that drew 1,480. It's kinda mindblowing though that they actually had a nominally higher attendance for Day 2, that building looked so tiny and indie.

Best match was Omega/Desperado, check that one opt at least. The rest of the show like the rest of the tour has been fun and easy to watch but nothing necessarily must see.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 3, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

NJPW, 6/4/14
Kasukabe Fureai Cube
850 Fans – No Vacancy

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [4] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [6] beat BUSHI [6] (8:51) with the Degree of Difficulty.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [6] beat Tiger Mask [4] (10:50) with the Croyt’s Wrath.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Nick Jackson [4] beat El Desperado [4] (9:07) with a Firebird splash.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [6] beat Mascara Dorada [6] (8:59) with the Benadryller.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma (12:02) when Anderson pinned Honma after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [6] beat TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [6] (10:29) with the Hoverboard Lock.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [6] beat Alex Shelley [4] (11:03) with the Kurayami Nouten.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [6] beat Taichi [6] (9:32) by pinfall.
9. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI beat Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga () when Nakamura used the Boma Ye on Tonga.

quote:

Block A:
1. BUSHI [6]
- TAKA Michinoku [6]
- Matt Jackson [6]
- Mascara Dorada [6]
- Ricochet [6]
6. Jushin Thunder Liger [4]
- KUSHIDA [4]
8. Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Ryusuke Taguchi [6]
- Taichi [6]
- Kenny Omega [6]
- Rocky Romero [6]
5. Tiger Mask [4]
- El Desperado [4]
- Alex Shelley [4]
- Nick Jackson [4]

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I'm surprised they're keeping both groups so close.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I hope G1 this year eases on the turboparity booking.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tonfa posted:

I hope G1 this year eases on the turboparity booking.

It won't, but I hope they keep the champ out of it this year!

they won't

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Watching this and last year's G-1 at the same time is instructive in how inflexible they are in booking tournaments. A few top guys guys start out 0-2 or 1-3, a few underdogs start out 2-0 or 3-1, and each group has half its guys clustered with the same # of points. And hope no one gets hurt because that fucks it all up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dunbar posted:

Watching this and last year's G-1 at the same time is instructive in how inflexible they are in booking tournaments. A few top guys guys start out 0-2 or 1-3, a few underdogs start out 2-0 or 3-1, and each group has half its guys clustered with the same # of points. And hope no one gets hurt because that fucks it all up.

Is that not why Koslov forfeited to Liger? I just found this thread so I'm assuming, but unless he had a booking elsewhere and missed a flight (seems unlikely), I can't imagine why else he'd forfeit.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is that not why Koslov forfeited to Liger? I just found this thread so I'm assuming, but unless he had a booking elsewhere and missed a flight (seems unlikely), I can't imagine why else he'd forfeit.

Yeah, Koslov dislocated his shoulder in his match with Ricochet on the very first day and had to withdraw from the tournament.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

NJPW, 6/5/14
Chino Cultural Complex Multi-Hall
1,100 Fans – No Vacancy

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [8] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [8] beat Mascara Dorada [6] (5:32) with the MX.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [6] beat Taichi [6] (4:28) with the Automatic Midnight.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado [6] beat Rocky Romero [6] (9:30) with the Guitarra de Angel.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [8] beat Nick Jackson [4] (9:09) with a Firebird splash.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma (0:48) when Gallows pinned Honma after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [6] beat TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [6] (10:54) with a shotei.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [6] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [6] (11:29) with a Tiger suplex hold.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [8] beat Matt Jackson [6] (11:09) with the Benadryller.
9. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI beat Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga (14:45) when Nakamura used the Boma Ye on Tonga.

* Yes, the time on that tag match is listed as 48 seconds! I will double check when details emerge to see if its a misprint.

quote:

Block A:
1. KUSHIDA [8]
- BUSHI [8]
- Ricochet [8]
4. Jushin Thunder Liger [6]
- TAKA Michinoku [6]
- Matt Jackson [6]
- Mascara Dorada [6]
8. Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Kenny Omega [8]
2. Tiger Mask [6]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [6]
- El Desperado [6]
- Taichi [6]
- Rocky Romero [6]
- Alex Shelley [6]
8. Nick Jackson [4]

Hope KUSHIDA, Ricochet, and Omega all make it to the semis.

Tomorrow morning's show will set up the semi-finals on Sunday. It's on Samurai TV so I'm hoping it will go up on DailyMotion later that day like Day 2's did. I won't be updating the thread in the morning since I'd like to watch it unspoiled if possible, but if anyone wants to know they're welcome to check Strong Style Spirit and post the results if they want.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
What time are the finals on Sunday?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

What time are the finals on Sunday?

17:00 JST, so 4 AM EDT.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 5, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

NJPW, 6/6/14 (Samurai! TV)
Kyoto KBS Hall
1,200 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [8] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Nick Jackson [6] beat Rocky Romero [6] (8:17) with a Firebird splash.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [8] beat Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [6] (8:22) with the Black Mephisto.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [8] beat Tiger Mask [6] (3:13) by pinfall.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [8] beat El Desperado [6] (10:43) with the Dodon.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma (12:48) when Gallows pinned Honma after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [8] beat Mascara Dorada [6] (8:04) by pinfall.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [10] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [6] (14:15) with the Hoverboard Lock.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [10] beat BUSHI [8] (7:31) with the Benadryller.
9. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI (17:16) when Fale used the Bad Luck Fall on YOSHI-HASHI.

quote:

Block A:
1. KUSHIDA [10]
2. Ricochet [10]
3. BUSHI [8]
- TAKA Michinoku [8]
- Matt Jackson [8]
6. Mascara Dorada [6]
7. Jushin Thunder Liger [6]
8. Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Alex Shelley [8]
2. Ryusuke Taguchi [8]
3. Taichi [8]
4. Kenny Omega [8]
5. Tiger Mask [6]
- El Desperado [6]
- Rocky Romero [6]
- Nick Jackson [6]

Alex Shelley won Block B of the Best of the Super Jr. today but in doing so became the second wrestler (after Koslov) to injure his shoulder badly this tour. Subsequently, after all his hard work Shelley will forfeit his spot in the semi final meaning Taguchi and Taichi move up to 1st and 2nd respectively.

Block A was won by KUSHIDA, who has had a strong BOSJ as he looks to take the next step in the junior division. KUSHIDA will face Taichi in the semis while Taguchi meets Ricochet, whose hugely impressive debut tour sees him in the semis.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Finals are on Sunday at 4 AM Eastern

http://www.ustream.tv/njpwjp - buy here, 2000 Yen is roughly a $5 discvount over buying on the US page

quote:

Card

Main Event
BOSJ FINALS

CHAOS vs. Bullet Club
Okada, Nakamura, Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Fale, Yujiro, and the Young Bucks

Tanahashi, Naito, and Honma vs. Anderson, Gallows, and Tonga

CHAOS (Toru Yano and Jado) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka in what I believe is his Suzuki-gun debut)

BOSJ Semi-Final #2
Ricochet vs. Ryusuke Taguchi

BOSJ Semi-Final #1
KUSHIDA vs. Taichi

Yuji Nagata and Captain New Japan vs. Hirooki Goto and Katsuyori Shibata

El Desperado and Kota Ibushi vs. Rocky Romero and Gedo

Kenny Omega, BUSHI, Satoshi Kojima, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Mascara Dorada, Tiger Mask, Jushin Liger, and Mascara Don

Shelley's injury blows, we might have actually gotten that Timesplitters final after all. Hope KUSHIDA or Richochet wins.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 6, 2014

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Ricochet/KUSHIDA finals please.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Unfortunately I'm probably more excited for a few of the tag matches than either of the BOSJ matches. Still a good looking card for $20 though.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Ishii in the ring with the Bucks is gonna be a must-watch.

Sucks to be Kenny too, pretty sure he would have made the semis if Shelley's match had been on before his. Really hoping he comes back before next year.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

A reminder that the finals are on tomorrow morning. 4 AM EDT, 1 PDT, 9 BST.

Should be a fun card!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

How long a show we expecting?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

How long a show we expecting?

six inches

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait are the Forever Hooligans in CHAOS

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

six inches

Hey, this is a pretty big show (not Big Show, who we've heard can't satisfy his wife)

Uh, the Korakuen cards started at 5:30 and were over in plenty of time for me to get ready for work and leave a little after 9. This is probably going to be longer than that, though I wouldn't expect one of the mega cards.

epitasis posted:

wait are the Forever Hooligans in CHAOS

Yep, always have been since they've been a team, and the No Remorse Corps (Rocky/Davey) were before that.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

six inches

Big Dave quit WWE to show up in New Japan?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

He said six, not twelve.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Show's about to start.

I'm confused about the stadium's choice of corporate sponsor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGOm0C0rbaU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i believed in you Captain New Japan

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Captain New Japan was great in that match. Good match. Also, Shibata/Nagata is a great matchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

Show's about to start.

I'm confused about the stadium's choice of corporate sponsor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGOm0C0rbaU

Man I somehow got it into my head this wasn't for at least another couple of days. Oh well.

• Locked thread