Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Deadpool posted:

The NXT Pre and Post shows have been good because they actually feel like Pre and Post shows should feel. And the people doing them take them seriously.

They're a drat sight better than the obviously and incredibly-scripted 'Press conferences' they've started doing on the PPV post-shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Why can't raw be this good. Great matches all around

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why can't raw be this good. Great matches all around

If you take the best hour out of Raw, it probably would be pretty close to that good. The problem is that Raw is 3 hours and the other two drag like crazy most of the time.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Blasmeister posted:

Breeze has a personal stylist :allears:

Finally, the return of Rico!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Finally, the return of Rico!

They should just call her Lady Rico.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you take the best hour out of Raw, it probably would be pretty close to that good. The problem is that Raw is 3 hours and the other two drag like crazy most of the time.

I was actually thinking how I like how NXT feuds move at a slower pace, because they don't need to run them into the ground to fill 7 hours of programming a week.

And watching Takeover on a delay, I'm too distraught over Tyler Breeze's theme changing right now that I actually came to the thread to see the reaction...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should give Breeze MNM's old entrance, with the paparazzi.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I was actually thinking how I like how NXT feuds move at a slower pace, because they don't need to run them into the ground to fill 7 hours of programming a week.

And watching Takeover on a delay, I'm too distraught over Tyler Breeze's theme changing right now that I actually came to the thread to see the reaction...

i like that he sings his new theme because he's a giant douche who would probably sing his own theme

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
That part is great, but he hasn't figured out how to strut to the beat yet and that's a huge problem.

Mexican Samurai
Nov 12, 2005
This was the first time I've seen a full NXT show and it made me love Adam Rose even more. Everyone should love him unless you are old and a lemon. Only old people like lemon parties.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

That part is great, but he hasn't figured out how to strut to the beat yet and that's a huge problem.

Somebody said it earlier, but they really had his entrance down pat. It was perfect, now it's just okay. Hopefully they keep tweaking the new entrance to get it as good as the old one.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Highlight of the show for me was Mojo getting killed after I misheard him saying "IM GOING TO STICK THIS FLAG UP YOUR POOT". I realize now what he said but I was too busy laughing to try last night.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

I never thought about it until just now, but if you took out the stuff that drags and brought Raw back to a tight two hours, it probably would be good like this NXT show.

Or, looking at it another way, if they had to stretch this NXT show to 3+ hours, it probably wouldn't have been as fun. Imagine them adding a CJ match and promo to this show

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Raw would not be any better at all at two hours. It would just suck for a shorter period of time. All they would do is take the only good thing about the three-hour shows (the lengthy matches) and cut that to cram as much awful bullshit as they could in. Two-hour Raws have sucked and would suck as frequently as three-hour Raws. You just aren't forced to endure them as long.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There's really no way to convert Raw to be as good (to us) as NXT. Too different programs, too different audiences. NXT is a developmental show with an audience which knows it is a developmental program and just wants to see some good wrestling matches. Raw is a three-hour merchandise advert with an audience which just wants to see Cena hit his refresh button in the main event and maybe laugh at Hornswoggle headbutting someone in the dick. NXT has a duty to train wrestlers. The main shows have a duty to make as much money as possible. You can't turn either show into the other.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

pressedbunny posted:

There's really no way to convert Raw to be as good (to us) as NXT. Too different programs, too different audiences. NXT is a developmental show with an audience which knows it is a developmental program and just wants to see some good wrestling matches. Raw is a three-hour merchandise advert with an audience which just wants to see Cena hit his refresh button in the main event and maybe laugh at Hornswoggle headbutting someone in the dick. NXT has a duty to train wrestlers. The main shows have a duty to make as much money as possible. You can't turn either show into the other.

Also two different bookers. Trips books NXT essentially, while McMahon handles Raw/Smackdown still.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I never thought about it until just now, but if you took out the stuff that drags and brought Raw back to a tight two hours, it probably would be good like this NXT show.

Or, looking at it another way, if they had to stretch this NXT show to 3+ hours, it probably wouldn't have been as fun. Imagine them adding a CJ match and promo to this show

sportsgenius86 posted:

Raw would not be any better at all at two hours. It would just suck for a shorter period of time. All they would do is take the only good thing about the three-hour shows (the lengthy matches) and cut that to cram as much awful bullshit as they could in. Two-hour Raws have sucked and would suck as frequently as three-hour Raws. You just aren't forced to endure them as long.

These are both true. That's why my way of watching Raw 'live' is to watch the tops of the three hours and the main event/overrun. You don't miss any storyline beats that way because they're recapped to death, and the best match is usually the Shield match in the main. Or just watch Main Event, which has had a decent match and a passable recap of Raw since it became a Network exclusive.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tyler Breeze is amazing and totally owns that gimmick. His voice is perfect for it, too. I lost it when he jumped up on the table during the post-show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

IcePhoenix posted:

Tyler Breeze is amazing and totally owns that gimmick. His voice is perfect for it, too. I lost it when he jumped up on the table during the post-show.

Yeah I love Breeze, and I hope that he doesn't have a problem transitioning to the main roster like some of the other callups.

If they make his entrance big and impressive enough to fill the Raw set, and don't immediately make him lose a bunch, I think he'll be fine.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm really excited for his promos against Neville; the other promos he's done against him are hilarious. He's literally offended by Neville's face.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttxo0ENilu4

Some video of post match reactions from the winner.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I love Breeze, and I hope that he doesn't have a problem transitioning to the main roster like some of the other callups.

If they make his entrance big and impressive enough to fill the Raw set, and don't immediately make him lose a bunch, I think he'll be fine.

I think he'll be okay because he seems committed to the gimmick. I don't get the same feeling with Rose.

• Locked thread