Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Oh man, this game. This and Colony Wars were the two games I played to death back in the PSX era. One fun detail that I don't think you've pointed out is that different heads have different computer voices and lines. The more advanced, techy heads have more human-sounding voices with longer lines.

Also, I assume you're going to show off the ranking board at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Pierzak posted:

Good generator + Blow Dryer (is it even in this game?) + Dual Shock + hold fire until dead :colbert:

If the "blow dryer" is the shoulder-mounted plasma cannon that fires green death explosions, it's definitely in this game.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Seiren posted:

The dual-laser arms, AW-XC65, are about 2300 in listed attack power, so even individually they're much stronger than Karasawa beams...but you're also firing two at once. And you only get 40 rounds...so 20 shots and you're done.

The real downside to that firepower is that weapon-arms have literally zero defense, and very poor AP, so they're poorly suited to tanky, or even well-rounded builds. They're awful choices for real missions, unless it happens to be very short or if it happens to be an AC-vs-AC battle if you avoid taking hits.

Those laser arms are basically the only way I've ever beaten Valkyrie in that Attack Urban Center mission. Also, the weapon arms are fairly viable on a tank AC if you take some high-ammo shoulder weapons for things that don't need overwhelming firepower, since you can fire your shoulder weapons on the move.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
It's too bad you sold that missile launcher. It hits like a freight train and is one of my favorite weapons in the game. You put that, a Kurasawa and the Moonlight on the same machine and you can put out some serious hurt.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
It strikes me that a lot of these top-secret facilities would probably be easier to defend if they didn't have hallways large enough for giant robots to walk through and fight in :v:

• Locked thread