Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Have you ever tried mapping movement to the D-pad and looking to the face buttons? It feels pretty much just like a modern dual-stick config.

Anyway, this is a great game but it always annoyed me that the shoulder-mount cannons are worthless unless you're a tank or quad or human plus. Losing mobility is one thing, but they take so long to equip that by the time you're actually ready to fire your target's just run behind you (and can then just circle-strafe to permanently stay behind you).

And what do you mean by "the type of ending" you get? I thought there was only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

It's a pity you're not into quads; cruising around blasting everyone with the shoulder-mounted plasma cannon and chaingun is pretty neat. Even moreso with the plasma cannon or tank cannon arms. I beat the nine ball fights my first time through with this build just though sheer firepower.

If/when you go on to MoA or Phantasma where they have proper 1-on-1 fights, consider using a lightweight reverse-joint with good boosters, the dual cluster missile launcher part and the quad machinegun arms. This setup puts out so much firepower in such a short time that it will melt a single AC in seconds, but it has so little ammo that you need to make every shot count. Which is easy to do because the arm cannon fire has an extremely high projectile velocity and massive amounts of stun - most enemies will be stunlocked after the first shot if you keep the fire button held down.

The Murakumo path ends with the missions to take down the orbital cannon, right? Those were fun.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

You know, taking out those plane enemies is pretty easy if memory serves me right. The standard medium or large missile launchers should take them out in one or two hits, and seldom miss.

Also, if they're available, can you post a comparison of the dual plasma cannon arms and the karasawa?

• Locked thread