Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

AirborneNinja posted:

Are tanks replays broken or something? I was trying to gif a :sicknasty: moment in the T-50 but it just hangs after a few seconds.

Try slowing the replay down or even pausing it immediately after it starts and just let it load, tanks replays are really weird about loading stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Subyng posted:

What if I want to play lower tiers?

If for example I have a T-34-85 and a T-34 L-11 (and we'll assume planes with identical BR to each tank) in my lineup, if I hit "battle" with all those vehicles in crew slots then I'll get matched with the T-34-85 as my highest tier tank. If I remove everything that's above 2.3 BR so that my lineup works with the T-34 L-11, I'll get matched with the T-34 L-11 as my highest tier tank.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
I just team killed a friendly plane with an artillery strike for a gigantic lion loss. :cripes:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

BuhamutZeo posted:

I just team killed a friendly plane with an artillery strike for a gigantic lion loss. :cripes:

Buy a lottery ticket.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

YellerBill posted:

Buy a lottery ticket.

Nope. I've killed planes with arty before, they just happened to be enemy.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

BuhamutZeo posted:

Nope. I've killed planes with arty before, they just happened to be enemy.

Buy a ticket from each lottery

Subyng
May 4, 2013

YellerBill posted:

I remove everything that's above 2.3 BR so that my lineup works with the T-34 L-11, I'll get matched with the T-34 L-11 as my highest tier tank.

So I have to reorganize my garage if I want to play different tanks. That's a pain...and stupid.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Subyng posted:

So I have to reorganize my garage if I want to play different tanks. That's a pain...and stupid.

Yes, but you can just send crews on vacation to make it less stupid.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Subyng posted:

Since matchmaking in CA now puts you in the highest tier match you be in, there's basically no point to playing anything but your strongest tank since otherwise you're just gimping yourself. Right? What if I want to play lower tiers?

Treat it like Arcade. In Arcade, if you want to mess around in T1 (or a given BR), then you only slot T1 planes.

So if you want to play T1 Combined Arms, then only slot T1 vehicles (i.e. make sure none of your crew slots have anything higher than the tier/BR you want to play). You can make this easier by sending crews you don't need to use on holiday (i.e. unslot them).

It's a bit of a pain, but the tradeoff is that you can be more dynamic with your vehicle choices in the game. For example, you might bring a turnfighter, an energy fighter, and a bomber, so that after you're done with your tank, you can choose a plane which best matches up against the enemy planes, or pick a bomber if the capture points are swarming with enemies. poo poo like that.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

YellerBill posted:

Try slowing the replay down or even pausing it immediately after it starts and just let it load, tanks replays are really weird about loading stuff

:toot:

mlmp08 posted:

Yes, but you can just send crews on vacation to make it less stupid.

Not your first crew slot though.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

welp

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I know everyone here has a hard on for the T-50, but I have so much more fun with the BT-7. It just feels more raw and violent while it dashes and shakes across the landscape, its turret slowly swinging around while you do high-speed passes and your gun going kzziiiboing--boom while you drive through the very same artillery strike you just called in on that StuG. :black101:

That's my 3rd Mission Maker round of the 4 rounds I've played in my BT-7 on RB, I love that little stupid tank. Christie was right, tanks should be race cars.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

TehKeen posted:

God I'm so loving bad with the Tiger in sim battles. Every time I run up against a a 57mm t34 I put one shot into them and do some damage, and they just unload 3-4 into me before I reload and they kill me 90% of the time. :saddowns:

Does anyone have any advice?
I want to be mean to this, but that fresh thread scent is in the air.

If it's close, aim to the right of their gun barrel (from your perspective) since that's where their gunner sits. That'll usually KO him so you get another shot before they can return fire (probably KOing your gunner... the T-34's reload is definitely not 3-4 shots per Tiger's). If that doesn't kill him, I don't know what to say since the Tiger should smash T-34s in one shot, let alone two or three before he can return fire by KOing his gunner with the first.

Feindfeuer posted:

I know everyone here has a hard on for the T-50, but I have so much more fun with the BT-7.
BT-7 is great. Aside from dying in one shot to most things, anyone hating on it is a busta. That said, the T-50 is plainly a better tank (and was brokenly good at 1.7 or 2.0 against Germans that could barely pen it until unlocking HEAT).

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I was playing Realistic mode, and I was enjoying myself. The enemy team had pushed into our B point on Kuban, and I was the only tank around to stop them. They saw me as I peeked over the hill to take a shot, and turned to face me. I called down artillery, thinking myself clever, and waited for the barrage to intensify so I could make my move. Just as the artillery hit it's peak volume of fire...

A friendly loving Yak-9K flew straight into it, got hit by my loving artillery and died. gently caress. :shepicide:

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Flying a plane in full sim with a mouse isn't as hard as I thought.

This.
I feel we should change the OP to say mouse controls for sim fights is fine. All the :siren: JOYSTICK REQUARED :siren: poo poo just scares people off. I have played sim mode with a joystick and a mouse. I might actually prefer mouse controls.
I used mouse controls today in CA sim and actually managed to bomb a tank. It wasn't even that hard! (I probably just got lucky).

e: ^ I've seen that happen more than once, just today

HoboMan fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 31, 2014

Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.

Vahakyla posted:

Once again for anyone wanting to fly sim planes!

:frogsiren: HOLY poo poo! :frogsiren:

Thrustmaster T160000, in other words the MOST BALLS-SHITTINGLY AMAZING cheap joystick, is on sale for 25 bucks!
25 bucks! You are practically losing money by not buying it now.

This will help you get airborne super fast and has also a hall-sensor for that super smooth, silky action.

GET IT! GET IT!

http://www.microcenter.com/product/353242/T16000M_Flight_Stick_Joystick

After you get this, please visit the DCS thread for modern simulator or pop into CTS mumble to ask the LAME channel about flying in War Thunder Sim Battles. All of us will be glad to help you get to the spergzone.

Does this joystick have a twist lock?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I was playing Realistic mode, and I was enjoying myself. The enemy team had pushed into our B point on Kuban, and I was the only tank around to stop them. They saw me as I peeked over the hill to take a shot, and turned to face me. I called down artillery, thinking myself clever, and waited for the barrage to intensify so I could make my move. Just as the artillery hit it's peak volume of fire...

A friendly loving Yak-9K flew straight into it, got hit by my loving artillery and died. gently caress. :shepicide:

YellerBill posted:

Buy a lottery ticket.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Adrian Owlsley posted:

Does this joystick have a twist lock?

I don't have an answer but a ton of people who ordered them are getting order cancellation emails. They seem to have run out I guess.

Mine's on a truck though :getin:

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
Has anyone tried the he112a0 with ap belts against player tanks yet? If it works as well as I hope it does it may be my favorite plane ever.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

It's a variant of the gun used on the Flakpanzer I, only gameplay difference is the lower fire-rate. So you need multiple, good hits to take out a tank and you have to place those while traveling at a speed of multiple hundered kilometers per hour. I didn't have any luck with it yet, but in theory you can take out a tank with it... just don't expect it to be easy.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
Most people probably don't know this, but the 109F-2 with the 15mm cannon will work over a tank really well with armored targets (cermet) belts.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

NickBlasta posted:

Most people probably don't know this, but the 109F-2 with the 15mm cannon will work over a tank really well with armored targets (cermet) belts.

Also, it's an amazing 109 in that it flies absolutely beautifully, even compared to other 109s, and it has rocket packs that look rad as hell.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Subyng posted:

Since matchmaking in CA now puts you in the highest tier match you be in, there's basically no point to playing anything but your strongest tank since otherwise you're just gimping yourself. Right? What if I want to play lower tiers?

Take the others out of your lineup. You can send the crews "on holiday" or whatever.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
Hard to achieve kills on a Tiger with the Yak 9T's gun. On the other hand, a full barrage of IL-2 rockets does not give a gently caress about a Tiger's front plate and will kill it anyways. Combined arms mode is pretty fun, unless you get one of those poo poo teams that spawns nothing but planes and sucks at them.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I especially like the people who match up lovely planes with their tanks and vice versa. So you'll see Yak-3s with T-28s and He-112s with Panthers.

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 31, 2014

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
I got banned the other night because of my nickname and I'm pretty annoyed about it. I've interacted with the GMs in the last few months constantly using this nickname and it's only *after* I've bought a few premium planes that all of a sudden my nickname is an issue and needs changing.

So I'm going to reverse the charges on my credit card and move on. This is a fun game but I won't support a company with arbitrary rules and there's a lot of other things to do out there in life.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Muslim Wookie posted:

I got banned the other night because of my nickname and I'm pretty annoyed about it. I've interacted with the GMs in the last few months constantly using this nickname and it's only *after* I've bought a few premium planes that all of a sudden my nickname is an issue and needs changing.

So I'm going to reverse the charges on my credit card and move on. This is a fun game but I won't support a company with arbitrary rules and there's a lot of other things to do out there in life.

Just because you bought premium planes recently does not mean its related.
I drank a coke and then I was hit by a car. loving coke always getting me hit by cars

What nickname?
Are you sure its your name not your behavior?
You can have any offensive name you want as long as no one is reporting you.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 31, 2014

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

Muslim Wookie posted:

What name did they change you from?

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

Just because you bought premium planes recently does not mean its related.
I drank pepsi instead of coke and then I was hit by a car. loving pepsi always getting me hit by cars

What nickname?
Are you sure its your name not your behavior?
You can have any offensive name you want as long as no one is reporting you.

I don't believe it's related to the name or that I've now spent money - I'm 99% sure there's a guy that I kept beating and he had his clan make up some complaints. I'm just pissed that this is after I spent money and now I have to go through some paperwork.

Same nick as here. Never once mentioned anything religious (I'm not of the Islamic faith myself). PMs with a GM specifically said "we've had 3 reports of people finding your nickname offensive". I'd love the chance to submit three different reports finding that GMs nickname offensive...

It might seem petty but I've been using this name for almost 10 years now, feels wrong to change it.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Shine posted:

You can make this easier by sending crews you don't need to use on holiday (i.e. unslot them).

How do I do this?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Protip for all Soviet flak truck drivers, The Gaz's suspension can't keep up with the recoil from the cannon and you end up rocking the entire thing all over the place firing it full auto. That's only if you're firing sideways, firing forwards or behind provides enough stability to actually fire the cannon continuously.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
So people say how in SB you can ust use the minimap to spot targets and stuff, well I just got killed by something I had LOS to but wasn't on my minimap so gg.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Muslim Wookie posted:

I don't believe it's related to the name or that I've now spent money - I'm 99% sure there's a guy that I kept beating and he had his clan make up some complaints. I'm just pissed that this is after I spent money and now I have to go through some paperwork.

Same nick as here. Never once mentioned anything religious (I'm not of the Islamic faith myself). PMs with a GM specifically said "we've had 3 reports of people finding your nickname offensive". I'd love the chance to submit three different reports finding that GMs nickname offensive...

It might seem petty but I've been using this name for almost 10 years now, feels wrong to change it.

Just tell them you'll happily change the name when there are no more Hitlers, Himmlers, Gohrings, Wittmans, and other such Nazi themed names. Then change your name to Islamic Wookie.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

unwantedplatypus posted:

Protip for all Soviet flak truck drivers, The Gaz's suspension can't keep up with the recoil from the cannon and you end up rocking the entire thing all over the place firing it full auto. That's only if you're firing sideways, firing forwards or behind provides enough stability to actually fire the cannon continuously.

I always drive backwards to the front in my SdKfz 6/2 and GAZ. This not only minimizes the rocking but also allows for a fast getaway in case I misjudged the opposition.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WebDO posted:

Just tell them you'll happily change the name when there are no more Hitlers, Himmlers, Gohrings, Wittmans, and other such Nazi themed names. Then change your name to Islamic Wookie.

offensive is a relative term, all the nazi's playing the game dont think they are a big deal

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Subyng posted:

So people say how in SB you can ust use the minimap to spot targets and stuff, well I just got killed by something I had LOS to but wasn't on my minimap so gg.

Then why didn't you shoot. :v:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The minimap in SB works similar to the nametags in RB. You will not always get a tag/spot so it's always good to keep your eyes open and you can suprise people if you can manage to keep a low profile. The spotting in both modes is pretty similar, it's just that it's easier to engage the enemy in RB once he's spotted cause he get a pinpoint location thanks to tag + minimap spot an just can im at him via the nametag.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Azran posted:

Then why didn't you shoot. :v:

Well I didn't see where he was shooting me from. No tracers whatsoever until the third hit, by then I was crippled.

e: ^^^ he was also shooting me through trees so I wouldn't have seen him anyway =/

In other news, the SU-122 is hilarious. All the low tier Russian tanks are basically easy mode.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

I am so goddamn sick of getting connection errors whenever I attempt to join a match. Fix your poo poo, gaijin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

YellerBill posted:

I am so goddamn sick of getting connection errors whenever I attempt to join a match. Fix your poo poo, gaijin.

Where are you playing from? I had a few weird issues between patches a week or two back, but everything's been smooth for me lately.

• Locked thread