Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which heat scrub is gonna blow up for 15+ points tonight? check all that applies
This poll is closed.
james jones 11 11.83%
toney douglas 9 9.68%
lebron james 30 32.26%
greg oden 28 30.11%
none of the above 15 16.13%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The way people talk I was legitimately surprised at my first Bulls game that everyone sat on their hands for three quarters. One bulls game I went to a woman called a guy an rear end hole for cheering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

caring about the relative realness of fans is dumb and annoying

I'm not gonna debate whether they're real or not I just hate them for Seven Nation Army and their PA guy whom I consider an extension of them, is this valid?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Super Jay Mann posted:

We need a name for performances where players go supernova in the second half in hopeless 30+ point blowout losses in honor of Paul George.

Going Tracy McGrady on some suckers.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Nothing makes me fear old age more than AARP commercials.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Eltoasto posted:

Evan Turner doesn't even get garbage minutes

Somewhere, Jota feels a faint twinge of happiness

It's really awesome I hope no one even offers him a contract this offseason I hate him so much

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Also making GBS threads on a fan base is super lame. I am all for giving heat fans a hard time for showing up late or leaving early but there is a lot of misplaced anger on them. I mean there where plenty of fans who left early this playoffs. Just a few games ago pacer fans where streaming out early when it was a single digit game.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beasley and Oden might get rings before KD.

Giggity.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not gonna debate whether they're real or not I just hate them for Seven Nation Army and their PA guy whom I consider an extension of them, is this valid?

I would say no. You hate the organization.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

seven nation army is becoming a thing in lots of arenas unfortunately

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The former is done by like 90% of arenas/stadiums and the latter is awesome.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seven Nation Army was popularized by soccer teams as a chant. Also the Pacers do Seven Nation Army.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I think we are all guilty of the seven nation army blight. I blame Penn State.

COPE

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
arrrrrrgh people do not care sufficiently about tall people throwing one round thing through another round thing and it makes me so mad!!!!!!

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oden assist!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
James Jones coming in cold and immediately drilling rainbow threes never gets old

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Also Pacers tickets for Game 5 were 27 bucks. Real fan bases give their tickets away I guess.

Manstrocity
Apr 28, 2009

Magnus Gallant posted:

Are they figments of the players imaginations?

Probably mimics, intending to ensnare players in the exit tunnels via high five, before beating them with powerful pseudopods.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There was a Seven Nation Army chant at the Pacers game and I'm sure they'll have one in Oklahoma in 5 years and San Antonio in 15.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

arrrrrrgh people do not care sufficiently about tall people throwing one round thing through another round thing and it makes me so mad!!!!!!

You are a false fan.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
So Close Yet So Far Away: The Indiana Pacers Story. Get a real point guard, move Hill to the 2 and hope Hibbert gets his head out of his rear end next year. And maybe an offensive coordinator for Vogel.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

You know what that game 5 poo poo was worth it for this hilarious beat down

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Jeff, I understand exactly what Mark is saying this time

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
oh dang Miami is getting sloppy

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Yes it's weird Jeff for fans to stay for a trophy presentation.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My best advice to Heat fans is to Relax and Get More Smug because then you don't even care I mean it's Miami and I've never been there but Will Smith says it's nice and I trust him and these people have to go to Indiana which I know sucks because there's never been a good hip hop song about it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I'm only watching still to see the Pacers get salty in the press conference.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
hahah that half assed half court shot went in

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Strawberry Panda posted:

Also Pacers tickets for Game 5 were 27 bucks. Real fan bases give their tickets away I guess.

We spend our money on football, a sport in which Indy can compete. We love basketball of course, but IU is pure basketball. I wish I was joking about the last part.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Man that final shot for the pacers going in is the ultimate metaphor for their season, haha

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The spurs have that Ole Ole chant which is similar to seven nation army

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Copeland +7.

Vogel blew it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Rick posted:

My best advice to Heat fans is to Relax and Get More Smug because then you don't even care I mean it's Miami and I've never been there but Will Smith says it's nice and I trust him and these people have to go to Indiana which I know sucks because there's never been a good hip hop song about it.

I'm sure there are a few good songs about Gary.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Strawberry Panda posted:

Earlier in the playoffs you could get center floor 7th row Hawks at Pacers tickets for around $200.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rick posted:

I went to Indianapolis for work a month ago and it was awesome.

Still, gently caress the Pacers.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Indianapolis is way nicer than you would think it is and that is exactly as much of a complement as you would think it is.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Oh so I guess you're ignoring the work of Freddie Gibbs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

The former is done by like 90% of arenas/stadiums and the latter is awesome.

I know this on the first front, it's a crime against humanity. The latter, I respectfully disagree.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

MourningView posted:

Indianapolis is way nicer than you would think it is and that is exactly as much of a complement as you would think it is.

Hmmmmmmmmm

I'll take it.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I think hibberts problem the tail end of the series is a severe lack of appearances on parks and rec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manstrocity
Apr 28, 2009

Rick posted:

Apparently the hiphop music slang for Indianapolis is "nap town" which is just adorable.

• Locked thread