Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
This actually seems like the best way to lets play a horror game. You're commentary is non-intrusive and actually fits really well with the pace of the game. Unlike so many horror game lps I've watched your voice adds to the tension rather than subtracts from it. I'm really excited to see more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
God that big guy freaks me out. Then again I've never been a big fan of getting chased by something.

Also Jesus Christ that ending... :stare:

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
I'm actually kinda stunned the game went that far. I was sort of expecting a fake out of one kind or another. But he actually did it. I probably shouldn't be surprised. I've played bio shock burial at sea, so I know it's possible for games to pull that. But it still catches me off guard every time they do it.

Sometimes the way you hide just makes me laugh. I'll hide in front of this beam of light so that my massive shadow get's thrown around the room! I know it's a game and the AI probably can't react to that. But it still struck me as a pretty funny place to hide.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
That was a rather interesting little showcase. I liked the dreamlike quality to a lot of the spooky stuff.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
It's pretty much impossible not to offend someone these days. I don't really blame the developers for playing it safe and not including female inmate models.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Glazius posted:

Agh, not this again. You can't crucify somebody through the hands and have that support any kind of weight. So when the dude's flailing around in agony he should just end up ripping free and staggering forward, knocking the key toward us and catching some pews on fire or something.

Tbh that probably would have been more horrifying. Out of everything else this game does I found the crusifiction to be pretty underwealming. But that is probably down to the fact that is not something happening to you directly.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Seriously though those chase sequences really got to me, especally when you looked around and the bastard was right on your tail. God that freeked me out.

Even so, I must say that I went into this LP expecting to hate the game and only look at it as an idle curiosity. However, after I finished your first video I was hooked and have eagerly awaited every new instalment. This has quickly become my Favorited LP on the forums and I will be quite sad when it ends.

However, we still have the much mentioned DLC yet to see, so I can hang onto these feeling of panic and excitement a little bit longer. Well done DumbRodent, well done indeed.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Speedball posted:

What's the gas meant for? Does it kill nanomachines? (I notice the walrider never follows you through the airlocks)

I think that's the implication yeah. Makes sense really given how into chasing you it was at the end of the game.

So far the cook is the stalker that freaks me out the most. When I was a kid I'd get scared of someone chasing me down a dark street carrying something that I could hear as they get closer. So having this guy chase you is like a nostalgia trip and a panic attack rolled into one. I really can't wait to be rid of him.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
As always this game horrifies and terrifies me to the deepest pits of my soul. God drat this has been a blast. I look forward to whatever your next project is DumbRodent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
I find it scary because there's sections that you can't run as fast and having these fuckers chasing you is genuinely terrifying to me. Especially when you turn round to close the door and they're right behind you.

Plus I can never stomach the torture scenes in this game. It's the inescapable nature of the scenes, not the actual injury, just that there's no way to get away from it. Plays into my phobias and how I react to them. Flight over fight, and when I can't get away it only makes things worse. So pretty much all of these guys freak me out.

• Locked thread