Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Thanks for doing an LP of this game! Unfortunately, I did associate this game with countless facecams of people who don't really tell me what the content of the game is except that there's spooky poo poo. So in other words, I appreciate having this game presented in the way you're doing it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Well, there's no need for me to sleep peacefully tonight! :downs:

The detail I noticed about all the asylum residents is that all of them so far are bald. Is shaving off hair a thing that actually occurs in mental institutions or is this the game going "Nah," to designing extra assets?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Good job on this video as well! The pacing and commentary are great as usual and I had a good laugh when you read the document about that one guy who was pretty much brute forcing his way as a "doctor."

If there's one thing I'm particularly grateful for, you actually use the night vision with a good pace. I decided to see what other people's playthrough of this game was like and holy hell, they kept turning it on and off in quick succession and it made it annoying to watch.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I have no idea why, but I'm liking this game more than Amnesia. Maybe it's because the plot and danger is more straightforward or my innate love for B-movie touches. I will give Amnesia more credit in terms of more gameplay and a cool haunting atmosphere, but Outlast has been winning me over.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Speedball posted:

Nanomachines formed from within the body...when that person has been subjected to the memes of violence.

Insert Hideo Kojima Joke Here.

To be fair, I can see Chris Walker being a MGS enemy to fight.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

DumbRodent posted:

Oh and apparently the thread is gold for now holy poo poo?

Don't underestimate goons' appreciation for letting a game speak for itself, but having a great voice that actually adds to it. Congrats DumbRodent! I hope you can have more fun LP projects in the future after Outlast is done for good.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like Waylon's notes though. You can really hear the desperation and horror in the writing, especially when he refers to his wife. Makes me wanna root for him to get back to his family even more.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

1stGear posted:

The Dead Island 2 trailer has a vapid facade of capitalism ignoring the collapse of society even as it consumes him, a fact he ignores until he himself has become part of the destruction of human civilization.

Also the song playing over it is pretty rad.

At least the trailer was more honest than the one made for the first game. They made the mistake of hyping up Dead Island as a zombie game with emotional punches when it was way goofier in its execution especially with how HARD they tried to give each of the player characters a serious back story. Eh, at least people got Telltale's Walking Dead, later.

7c Nickel posted:

I think you could pull off non supernatural asylum horror without making GBS threads on the mentally ill if you focused more on the staff than on the patients.

I would totally be down for this. For me, Outlast is just a crazy, silly, haunted house ride, but it falls apart when its faulty parts are examined closely.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
:stare::stare::stare::stare:

Well, that was one hell of a game! So much body horror to be had. Thanks for this LP, DumbRodent. I don't think we could have had a better host for a mostly overplayed game, than you. You were able to show its merits and flaws in a fair manner while still having fun yourself and thus we all had fun! I wish you luck on whatever LP project you decide to tackle next!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Speedball posted:

The Murkoff hardliners were kind of crazy too. Even to the end our exec buddy is screaming that no one must know, and there was that bit with the guard who said he'd rather kill the other guy and take his chances with the army of crazies and monsters than call the authorities for help.

That part made me laugh. "NOBODY MUST KNOW!!" And there's literally blood, guts, and body parts scattered more than liberally throughout the entire goddamn asylum. Not sure how much wool they can even use to pull the eyes over anyone especially with that ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm subscribed to your channel already, but I also am nthing everyone and saying make a thread!!!

• Locked thread