Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MohawkSatan posted:

Alright, Doc and I have looked over a few things and we have some small concerns. Nothing serious, just questions and suggestions.

gfanikf:
You're mostly fine, just some skill related stuff. What was your dude's MOC? If you were a combat engineer, you might want to throw a point or two into Engineering(combat) to reflect that. You might want some points into Brawling, Soldier, and some sort of film related skills as well. We're also wondering where your dude learned Counterfeiting and Forensics. Also, with Wealthy, you've got 100K not 200.

Also, just so you know, Weirdness Magnet is pretty much giving me permission to have all the strange things in the world happen to you. When something strange goes down, it's probably going to be effecting you first. I'm fine with the you having it, just warning you.

I think I decided to switch out Weirdness Magnet for Secret...mostly because it works better with my character and it makes balancing points a little easier. I added in the film related skills, along with Brawling and Soldier. He's going to be a former Combat Engineer and so I've added the Engineer traits. I can explain Counterfeiting and Forensics, but it's tied into the secret. Do I actually list my secret when taking that disadvantage on my character sheet?

Duly noted about the 100K. I just need to reread the skills section of the rules so I can make sure I'm allocating points correctly. I'm also going to buy equipment. I'll have the definite done sheet by tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

gfanikf posted:

I think I decided to switch out Weirdness Magnet for Secret...mostly because it works better with my character and it makes balancing points a little easier. I added in the film related skills, along with Brawling and Soldier. He's going to be a former Combat Engineer and so I've added the Engineer traits. I can explain Counterfeiting and Forensics, but it's tied into the secret. Do I actually list my secret when taking that disadvantage on my character sheet?

Duly noted about the 100K. I just need to reread the skills section of the rules so I can make sure I'm allocating points correctly. I'm also going to buy equipment. I'll have the definite done sheet by tonight.

PM me with the Secret or catch me on IRC. I'll be on all day, if not paying 100% attention. That'll let us figure out how much the Secret is actually worth, and if it's a valid one.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Okay, sorry for the double post, but I need a crucial bit of information and a reminder posted

If you want in, have your sheet, updated and submitted by tomorrow, 6PM Pacific Standard Time. Doc and I will be making the final picks then. If your character isn't submitted within the next 27 hours and 24 minutes from now, you are not getting in.

gfanikf, update your sheet with the modifications you've made please.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MohawkSatan posted:

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I need a crucial bit of information and a reminder posted

If you want in, have your sheet, updated and submitted by tomorrow, 6PM Pacific Standard Time. Doc and I will be making the final picks then. If your character isn't submitted within the next 27 hours and 24 minutes from now, you are not getting in.

gfanikf, update your sheet with the modifications you've made please.

You'll have it by tonight. I'm just getting equipment taken care of, but I have to wait till my wife finishes work so I can use the computer.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Meant to do my equipment today but I'll get it in tomorrow evening instead. It'll probably be 3 different types of camera, a bunch of lights, a make up kit, laptop and camping things including a cooler full of meat and fake blood for special effects and a really cool home theater system and DVD collection at home.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My character sheet should be finished.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Mine should be all done now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That wealth trait...is something else. :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think you need to edit your magazine capacities to match the Canadian weapon laws on the first page, like I did with my Glock 20. I do believe most/all of your guns have Canadian-legal magazines available, though.

Edit: Jesus Christ. I just read the whole thing. And to think I was feeling a little out of place about bringing a gun on the trip....

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 9, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

I think you need to edit your magazine capacities to match the Canadian weapon laws on the first page, like I did with my Glock 20. I do believe most/all of your guns have Canadian-legal magazines available, though.

Edit: Jesus Christ. I just read the whole thing. And to think I was feeling a little out of place about bringing a gun on the trip....

Uhh yeah I'm retooling the character based on conversations last night. lol

I do need to mod the mags, I wasn't sure how to do it until earlier this morning. John Rosdower Matrix...you will be missed...you weren't meant for this world...yeah my fault on that. lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

gfanikf posted:

Uhh yeah I'm retooling the character based on conversations last night. lol

I do need to mod the mags, I wasn't sure how to do it until earlier this morning. John Rosdower Matrix...you will be missed...you weren't meant for this world...yeah my fault on that. lol

Sounds like a good idea. As badass and kitted out as he is, just looking at the character I get the feeling that he doesn't fit in properly with everyone else.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Sounds like a good idea. As badass and kitted out as he is, just looking at the character I get the feeling that he doesn't fit in properly with everyone else.

Well my character does have a military background...and lots of cash...but yeah silly even with those facts added. Perhaps I can use him some other time.

Quick question if something requires external power, then what can I use that is plausible and portable?

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 9, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, I still have a lot of crap, but it's crap that makes sense in traveling to the wilderness and I've retooled my skills and kit to be less...hey lets make full auto weapons.

Comments as always are appreciated.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Do you mean to have repeat items on there? Like you've got two identical satellite phones in separate parts of the inventory with slightly different names, and you repeat the boots three times instead of having one entry with 3 units.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Do you mean to have repeat items on there? Like you've got two identical satellite phones in separate parts of the inventory with slightly different names, and you repeat the boots three times instead of having one entry with 3 units.

Accident and/or being lazy, I was just trying to finish it up quickly so I'm going to fix the gear once my redone skills are approved.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here we go all approved and all done.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
DocBubonic and I have made our picks. Anyone not on the list, you've still got a chance. If someone dies horribly, we'll need someone to replace them. Anyone else who wants to apply, just throw your sheet in here.

Mark Morcott-The Camper From Quebec, Armed With A Camera-FireSight
Nicholas Currier- Skeptical Nature Documentarian -Beardless
Stanley Zubizaretta-The Rich Kid-chitoryu12
Rowdower Goldstien- Wealthy Jewish Veteran-gfanikf
Thomas Brandt- ‘Spirit Documentarian’-Roland T. Dapperman

All players, there may be a bit of IRC activity now and then. You don't have to be on, but it could help, especially if you have any questions or concerns. The game thread will be posted shortly, and I'll put a link to it in this post.

Edit: game is up!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641836

MohawkSatan fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 10, 2014

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Okay, this post is two things; a bump to keep this outta archives, and to tell people I'm still recruiting. Even with luck and skill, odds are more people are going to get dead sooner or later. I'll pull more people in when there's a chance, and try to make sure the group has a good excuse to pull them along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Since you didn't mention it, one dude is already dead.

• Locked thread