Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
I vote for improving the Intel stat, since Madeline is a field research intern. Paid, of course.

Mali Sasithorn: Okay, the skull freaks me out. Nothing against Mali, but that skull is too creepy. I swear it's watching me. Violet doesn't like much either. She won't sit within twenty feet of it unless she's in my lap. Mali's cool, although she occasionally pulls a stunt that makes me wonder if she has a death wish, you know?

Li Wu: Li has been nothing but nice to me, but I just feel about six inches tall whenever I work with her. She's smart, she's pretty, and she always seems to know exactly what she's doing. She's a magician, too - not some weird were-monster intern! Ugh, I sound like a mopey high-school nerd. Suck it up, Maddy.

Hyun-Ae Hekmatyar: She really knows what she's doing, and she's actually pretty friendly, but she makes me kind of nervous. Like she's going to try to sell me something. Or possibly sell me to something, if the stories some of the other interns were telling are true.

Agent "Agent" Cain: Agent Cain is ... really intense. Like, sometimes that's attractive and cool, you know? But Cain's so buttoned-up he won't even tell me his first name! I tried making small talk with him at the last office party - before he went off to play paintball with the security guards - and every other answer was "I can't talk about it." Scary. I wish he had a nickname. "Agent Cain" sounds like a villain out of a bad comic book or something.

Princess Shirona of Celephaïs: I still can't believe she's actually a princess. Like, a real one! I mean, she definitely acts like one, though. I took her to Chipotle for lunch after an orientation session and she just looked at the cashier when she told her the price. I guess she doesn't handle money very often at home or something? I wonder why she's really here - "it's a hobby" really doesn't sound like a serious answer.

Emerald Rogue fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Hey look a game thread!

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 20, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I guess I'll go for Intel.

Li Wu: Li's been a really big help. I've known of her for a long time, but I only really got to know her after the skull thing happened. That's when I got shaken out of my comfort zone and into the occult. She's really smart -- taught me a lot of stuff about magic and stuff.

Hyun-Ae Hekmatyar: It kinda feels like I know her from somewhere. But maybe that's just because she is almost exactly like all those old crime bosses I used to deal with all the time. You know, the kind that is crazy enough to earn a million bucks in one night and blow it all on a party the next. Tough people, but really unpredictable.

Agent "Agent" Cain: So is 'Agent' his nickname, his title, or his actual name? And what does that make 'Cain'? I don't know. He doesn't seem like the type of guy I'd typically hang around, he does seem like the type that I'd want covering my rear end during a job. I'm okay with guns and stuff but when things REALLY go down you'd want a guy like him going "I got this."

Madeline Knapp: Oh! She's a Tager host! Her symbiotic pet makes me a little bit nervous, but Madeline herself seems okay. That little thing really seems to hate the skull, though. I wonder which one of them is to blame for that.

Princess Shirona of Celephaïs: I know this one too! She's from the Dreamlands. Some kind of royalty. That's pretty crazy. Like, I don't even know how you're supposed to act around princess from this dimension. Seems like the type of person you really don't want to gently caress with.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 10, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I'm putting down mine on R&D for the sweet occult libraries with their printed tomes that Shirona can spend time reading. Guys, please decide on just one skill to improve, as skill improvement costs go double for factions.

Also, some of you have more than seven stress boxes total. If you have a mode that lets you have physical and mental stress boxes, you should only pick one or the other. Or one of both if you have that mode as Good (+3).)

Mitama fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jun 19, 2014

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013

TurninTrix posted:

I'm putting down mine on R&D for the sweet occult libraries with their printed tomes that Shirona can spend time reading. Guys, please decide on just one skill to improve, as skill improvement costs go double for factions.

Also, some of you have more than seven stress boxes total. If you have a mode that lets you have physical and mental stress boxes, you should only pick one or the other. Or one of both if you have that mode as Good (+3).)

Oops, I guess I misread both of those bits in the rulebook. Thanks for pointing that out!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Oh hey Gorbash, can I revise one of my stunts with a new benefit?

Reality Is A State Of Mind (2 benefits): Fearproof against mental attacks, but weak to forces originating from the Dreamlands. Shirona can use Will to create an advantage through meditation or focus when she have a moment to breathe and concentrate.

I'm cool with changing the weakness to something else, I'm just not aware if Shinigami have any specific kryptonite like Tagers do.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

That sounds fine to me!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

TurninTrix posted:

I'm cool with changing the weakness to something else, I'm just not aware if Shinigami have any specific kryptonite like Tagers do.

Not really, they are just shonen as hell.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Gosh guys, there's an OOC thread for these things. :(

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
^I'm pretty sure this is directed at me. Sorry! Here's the offending post.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Cain tied and got a boost so that obstacle was still there. If Maddy invokes the boost for a +2 on her roll, then that obstacle is done. Technically that took two passes to clear three obstacles, since Hyun-Ae went twice, but you're clear. New phase tonight!

Also some FP got spent, so the stormtrack will progress as well. See you in about 7 hours.

I guess I will go ahead and invoke the boost, then. I assume I need to spend a Fate point to do that? Do I need to edit my previous post?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Yeah, just edit it to the post to say you got +2 from a boost for a 6 total.

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Done. Sorry about my incorrect posting - I forgot that this was also the OOC thread.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I don't mean to sound like a jerk about it, I mostly blame Gorbash. :colbert:

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Haha, it's fine. I'm just new to PbP and to some extent FATE, so I appreciate the reminder to put my dumb newbie questions in the appropriate place.

As long as that place is not :fiesta:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'll be posting tomorrow evening regardless, so Takanago and Ettin have til then to make their posts!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cain: The B-Team. Thanks, Ettin! :smith:

(kidding, it's actually kinda hilarious)

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I wasn't satisfied with my aspects, so I went and revised them with shorter and much clearer wording. Hopefully they come off a lot better now.

Thanks again to Gorbash for his help!

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Can you create an advantage with the intent of having the new apect be used by another player? The Atomic Robo book doesn't really seem to say one way or the other. Since I seem to be the last poster in the phases so far, I was hoping to be able to set up another team member for success on whatever obstacle is left.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Emerald Rogue posted:

Can you create an advantage with the intent of having the new apect be used by another player? The Atomic Robo book doesn't really seem to say one way or the other. Since I seem to be the last poster in the phases so far, I was hoping to be able to set up another team member for success on whatever obstacle is left.

Absolutely, yeah. (p. 46)

I'm going to make another post soon to do my action, probably to go for the bomb.

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Nice! Thanks, TurninTrix.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Due to extenuating circumstances - I got a nasty earache and haven't been able to sleep, don't worry I have meds and am on the mend - I will be delaying the recruit for the Mars game for a week.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

:(

Get better soon, Gorbash.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Feel better soon!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Opening the recruit for the Mars game today!

Looking for 4-6 players for this game. If you apped to Exclusion Violations, the Earth based game, you can either resubmit the character you had last time with modifications, or submit a whole new character. If you applied before, feel free to hit me up for suggestions/critiques.

As before, preference to non-current NTech players. No apps from players in Exclusion Violations at this time, please.

The major difference between this game and the prior is the location. In this case, you will be based out of the Martian capital of Helium. Mars is a place of extremes, of great dome cities and crowded arcologies, juxtaposed with lots of empty outback dotted with research stations, roughneck mines, fortified compounds of political or religious extremists, and wildcat farming settlements. The atmosphere has thickened just enough to get by with a breath mask in the equatorial lowlands, but much of the planet remains inhospitable. Political tensions run high between the democratic frontierism of the original settlers and the oligarchic machinations of the corporatists, each vying for the support of the refugee population. Drawing the greatest interest from all sides are the scattered ruins of ancient visitors, temples, outposts, marooned ships, and stranger things. So far only the surface of these sites has been scratched, but everyone expects something world-shaking any day now.

The Ashton Foundation has been part of the Martian story since the beginning, its arcanotech providing the catalyst for colonization. It's one of the few groups all sides trust to be fair minded and neutral. Sometimes this means they're the first to be turned to for help - and sometimes it means they're the last people anyone wants to know about something.

Mars is a place where everyone has a reason to be there - whether they're running towards something or away from it. It's a place where few things are settled and change is always in the offing. It's a place where the hold of life remains tenuous.

For Mars based characters, think about why you're on Mars. What drew you there? What forced you away from home?

:siren:Recruit will be open from now until 8:00PM Eastern time on July 11th! (That's midnight GMT.):siren:

Please note updated deadline.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 5, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Martian History

Mars was colonized in the last century, primarily by the SEAA/APTO. The initial colonies were comprised of explorers, scientists, and terraformers. The original settlers came to Mars by choice, to fulfill lifelong dreams. They believe in the idea and the adventure of Mars as its own endeavor. The second big wave of colonists came during the Cult Wars, and they had a very different character. In a period where the SEAA was cutting support to the colonies as the situation on Earth became more dire, numerous major corporations shifted personnel and resources to Mars a sort of lifeboat. With them also came refugees, people who mostly came from wealthy backgrounds but had lost everything to the wars or the massive migrations of the poor dispossessed of Earth. They found themselves packed into hastily expanded arcologies and dome towns, a new underclass that had mortgaged their past to get to Mars, and without the skills or vision to contribute to the Mars being built by the original settlers.

The stress of these events led to a revolution, with the founding of the Martian Federation in Helium. Initially dominated by the original settlers, the corporations threw in their support their own reasons. Lacking the will and the ability to bring their colonies to heel, the SEAA washed their hands of it and granted independence. Every one of the Martian colonies, save Gagarin, an isolated NERU base on near the South Pole, signed the Charter and joined the Federation. Today Gagarin remains an NEG outpost, tolerated by the Federation as long as they don't try to expand.

Martian society has largely split into three camps, and the tension between them keeps politics interesting to say the least. The original settlers are still dominant, and are working to create what they refer to as a free Mars, on democratic ideals and a hybrid economic model. Opposing them are the major corporations, who intend on creating an oligarchic corporatist system. In the middle are the large population of refugees.

Though the ideals of the original settlers are high minded, there is little place in them for people who just want a steady job and a comfortable home, and its clear many of the original settlers resent their presence. The program for Martian development they champion would bar most new immigration, and focus resources on terraforming and scientific research. Its solution to the crowded slums of the dome cities is for their inhabitants to get out into the great Martian wilderness and carve out new settlements. The leaders of this group generally fail to understand that many of the refugees just want to get on with their lives, and would prefer to live in a big city - they're upset that the services aren't up to snuff, not that a city exists in the first place.

On the flip side, the corporatists promise jobs and a life like the one the refugees had on Earth, and that the wealth brought by letting the corporations exploit Martian resources to the fullest will be a tide raising all boats. However, the corporatists do a poor job of hiding their short sighted self-interest, and often forget that the refugees were mostly well educated, upper middle class back on Earth. The refugees do often support the oligarchs, but it's a cold blooded arrangement. The refugees often switch to support the original settlers in defending civil rights and equality when they feel the oligarchs have gone too far, but so long as the settlers fail to address the day-to-day needs of the refugees, it will never be a lasting alliance.

So Mars remains a society of extremes. There are a dozen or so major dome cities and arcologies, like Helium, Carterburg, and New Hyderabad. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of smaller outposts, from official research stations to remote mines to wildcat settlements of political extremists. There's the major port of Mytikas, atop Olympus Mons, where there are ambitious plans to land the cable for a space elevator in the next decade. And in the south there is Gagarin, the sprawling old base that is still less a city than a research station - and a place where many claim stunning secrets are kept.

On top of all this, since the Mi-Go intervention, ancient ruins have been uncovered scattered across the planet. Ancient stations of alien astronauts, crashed ships, and stranger things. So far nothing world-shaking has emerged, but everyone agrees its only a matter of time. For those at the top, the sites are a major point of contention, between those who desire pure research and those who hope to find something that will change the world as much as Ashton's d-drives - and make a truly incredible amount of money.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Resubbing Ponponkona- anything need tweaking?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

K Prime posted:

Resubbing Ponponkona- anything need tweaking?

Not unless you want to change anything! Looks very good to me.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Resubbing mine too, might change the introduction a little. Advice please! :v:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

Resubbing mine too, might change the introduction a little. Advice please! :v:

Background wise, having something to explain why you're on Mars would be good. Also, I think you need a little more depth to the character. I get the high concept, but there doesn't seem to be much else there yet. It needs a little spice to set it apart. What makes Kiski Eini unique? You can go a number of different ways with this - personality, quirks, revealing incidents from his past.

Mechanics wise, I think you have a good base, though you might want to think about another stunt that helps you become hidden, since your others key off that.

EDIT: Actually anyone reapping should put up one or two sentences explaining how you came to be on Mars.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Who better to station on Mars than a naive cyborg? She can breathe in space, she can defend herself, and she actually doesn't mind going, unlike anyone else.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I finally wrote that stupid background.
Maj. Mariko Sonoda, JSDF, Ret.

Well, y'know, the Foundation promised me an office and I'd just broken up, so I figured what the hell, I'll go to Mars.

Not convinced? Well fine, lemme think for a moment.

...I guess I'm feeling like I've got something to prove?

After what happened in Egypt and after I quit the JSDF, for a couple of months I went grocery shopping at five in the morning because I just couldn't deal with people. I got over that, thank God, but I've still done basically nothing but study and post on Something Terrible for the last couple of years. It feels like I'm stuck in this huge goony postgraduate rut of essays and textbooks. I kinda want to try having a big adventure on Mars and prove to myself I can do it without collapsing into a sobbing mess.

And I really wanted the job, too. Turns out there isn't a real market for ex-military magicians. I mean, aside from Uller or Hakurei, and gently caress those guys. I guess I could've gone to Toku to design a better magical toaster or something, but the Foundation's offer sounded a bit more interesting. I get to do downright bleeding edge stuff here, it's super exciting. And really, I kinda like all the NGO stuff Ashton's doing, too. I like to think all this super cool stuff I'm about to do will actually do some good. Don't laugh.

And hey, I get my own office and people to boss around. I love bossing people around, it was the one good thing about working in the JSDF.

Concept: Magical Girl Veteran, Back In the World
Science: I Wonder If This'll Work?
Magical Girl: My Custom Demon Cannon, Ascalon
Action: Still Got the Killer Instinct
Omega: I'm More Than My Frilly Magical Dress, Dammit

pre:
		Science (+3)		Magical Girl (+2)		Action (+1)

Superb (+5)     Arcanotech

Great (+4)	Notice, Will	         Athletics 

Good (+3)				 Combat, Lunar Magic

Fair (+2)				 Empathy, Rapport

Average (+1)							        Physique, Vehicles,
									Provoke
Magical Girl mode: Athletics, Combat, Empathy, Lunar Magic, Rapport, Will. Costs 9.
Improvements: 3 points left.

Stunts/Mega-Stunts
Authority on Non-Euclidean Magic Circuits: +2 when using Arcanotech to brainstorm.

Moonlight Wings: Mariko can fly using Athletics.

Magical Barrier Circles: Armor:2 against physical harm.

One-Woman Gunship Squadron: When transformed: Weapon:4; On an attack that succeeds with style, pay a fate point to prevent the target from checking a stress box. (+1 fate point added to the GM's reserve)

This Stunt Intentionally Left Blank

Stress
Physical ☆☆☆
Mental ☆☆☆☆

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Well, time for me to make something completely different.

Cyrus Gergis

Project Cecrops Experimental Results 12/12/2119, Presiding Scientist: Dr C. Gergis posted:

"It has now been twenty four hours since test subject BR-15 has undergone Ritual of Fused Flesh variant number 115-B. Vital signs have stabilized at standard levels, and there are no apparent signs of rejection regarding the stabilizing implants. There is some slight scale growth around the coccyx, but there are otherwise no outward signs of genetic instability. Native etheric currents are holding at a steady 150 tempoles and the subject shows no signs of rejection when placed under etheric shielding. Therefore, the merger is, for the time being, self-sustaining.

It has now been 36 hours since BR-15 underwent Ritual of Fused Flesh variant number 115-B. Subject regained consciousness seven hours ago and we have wasted no time in beginning the active tests. These are the results: Strength has increased by 25%. Reaction speed has increased by 30%. Cognitive ability remains within standard range.

It appears that variant number 115-B has succeeded in our goals. The genetic analysis is pending, but assuming that it does not raise any major issues it is my belief that Project Cecrops is ready to begin human testing.

HR Logs, 23/2/2120, 14:43 posted:

SC: Ah, Doctor Gergis. Please, take a seat.
CG: Sir, if this is about the ritual, let me assure you that all the tests show-
SC: Doctor, this is about Project Cecrops’s future.
CG: O-oh. So, is the funding…
SC: Yes, the funding is being reinstated.
CG: Oh thank god. I don’t what I’d do if I did all this for nothing.
SC: Well, you aren’t.
CG: What? What do you mean, I’m not being reinstated?
SC: I mean that you have one week to clean out your office. Now if you’d just let me-
CG: Let you what? Keep me from what I’ve spent the past three years developing? From what I risked so much to realize?!
SC: That’s the point, Gergis! You are too invested! Clause 3, Subclause 6, Point C. If you care enough about a project to conduct a potentially fatal test on yourself, you care too much and are thus a liability. Now sit down and let me finish.
CG: … Alright.
SC: Good. Now, normally we would have fired you immediately for this. But we understand that aren’t exactly many job opportunities for chimeric arcanobiologists these days so we have arranged for a second option. You will...
CG: I’ll take it.
SC: That… That’s it? Are you sure?
CG: Yes. The Ashton Foundation’s work is too important for for me to leave now.
SC: And you’re not only saying that, correct? Because this is a very big potential shift.
CG: I wouldn’t have joined the foundation if I didn’t believe in it.
SC: Well, our martian field team is rather understaffed at the moment...

Alpha: Recently Downsized Arcanobiologist
Semi-Human: Genetically and Generally Unstable
Occult: Better Living Through Chimerastry
Banter:
Omega Practitioner Of A Dying Art

pre:
		Semi-Human (+3)		 Occult (+2)		       Banter (+1)

Superb (+5)     Athletics

Great (+4)	Notice, Provoke,         Fleshworking 
        	Tooth and Claw
Good (+3)	Physique		 Will                          Deceive

Fair (+2)				 All Other Magicks             Rapport

Average (+1)							       Contacts, Empathy

Semi-Human(Renamed Beast): 6 points (Athletics, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Tooth and Claw)
Occult: 3 points
Banter: 9 points
12 points to spend
Specialize Fleshworking, -3
Specialize Athletics, -3
Focus Tooth and Claw, -1
Focus Rapport, -1
Specialize Deceive, -3
1 point saved for a rainy day

Stunts/Megastunts
Flesh Sculptor:
Once per scene reduce one physical consequence by one degree and begin recovery, but at a cost. Also, Weapon: 2 when making skin-to-skin contact.

Adaptive Physiology: Get a free boost when you take a consequence

Lies drat Lies Statistics: +1 to defend and create an advantage with Deceive when you can incorporate technobabble or a handy visual aid.
Two stunt slots remain

Stress:
Physical: [][][][]
Mental: [][][]

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 7, 2014

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Updated! :toot:

Kiski Eini

"Im gonna keep this nice and simple for you: I'm here because i was forced. I was having grand whole time back on Earth, sneaking my poo poo into the most secure snazzy places there are when i 'accidentally' trip some magic sigil thing in a Ashton office block. I didn't even want anything from there!

So anyways the group decides to keep everything hush hush as long as i do a little bit of legwork for them. Once they actually explained what they did i had to admit i was interested in their work: Tracking down and obtaining occult relics that may end up causing humanity to go insane? I couldn't wait to accept the deal. Turns out they wanted me to go to Mars of all places! Before you know it i was placed on a shuttle and had touch downed on Mars' capital. Didn't take long to get used to this place. Apparently cyborgs are pretty popular on this rock, due to the whole 'not needing to breath' issue, and even though i'd rather be on the wrong side of the law, going legit has been pretty sweet to me so far."

Concept: Reformed Robotic Rogue
Intrigue: Nothing is safe!
Cyborg: Human army knife
Action: Always have an escape plan
Omega: Something to Prove

Skills:
pre:
		          Intrigue(+3)		Cyborg(+2)		Action(+1)

Superb (+5)       Notice

Great (+4)	 Stealth, Athletics,                        

Good (+3)	Burglary, Contacts,            Combat, Physique
                            Deceive	                                  

Fair (+2)				        Systems                        

Average (+1)	                                                         Provoke, Vehicles

Weird Mode: Cyborg Athletics,Systems, Stealth, Combat,Physique

Stunts

Suprise Round +2 to rolls against enemies that don't know where Kiski is
Time for my secret weapon! Spend a Fate point to declare i have a modification to assist in a situation
Armed And Dangerous Left hand acts as a silenced weapon 2 that cannot be disarmed.
The Next Big Heist +1 to Burglary during a brainstorm
Now you see meCan roll stealth, even when in plain sight

Stress
Physical [][][][]
Mental [][]

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
"Mayor" Sam Eagleton

So you're born to a old blueblood traditional-values political dynasty in what used to be Virginia, holed up in the family estate to keep out the magic and monsters and Akathar and all the other insanity that's cropped up since the good old days, being groomed for a position of authority since you were the approximate size and shape of a honey ham, when your 10th birthday rolls around and some men from the OOI come to talk to your parents about the results of your last checkup. You're not the bad kind, as far as they can tell, you won't have to wear a badge, but they ought to be aware of it and really who knows what happens when- if, says Pop- you erupt. The family stops talking so much about your big bright future after that. Relatives start looking at you differently, like they aren't sure where the boy they knew went and who or what this one is. At least you've got the weight room all to yourself.

Halfway through your degree, disillusioned with your family and the weird wide world but wealthy enough to afford it, you drop out and make your way across the world to an Authentic Shaolin Monastery that's happy to take donations from seekers like you in exchange for intense physical and mental training inspired by real live ancient traditions. That's where you learn discipline, conviction, the value of hard work, washing rice bowls and punching bricks. It's also where you Erupt, out of your silver spoon comfort zone for the first time, and learn from the stunned monk-entrepreneurs that normal humans can't do what you do with your muscles, no matter how swole.

You turn up in China next, taking advantage of your family connections and your newfound discipline to...

[blah blah blah, will finish later, Sam became a mover and shaker but fled China for Mars when the Cult Wars got too dangerous, took the opportunity to reinvent himself with all his documents and history lost in the confusion of the evacuation, served in the Martian People's Assembly for a term and became known as an iconoclastic populist political figure who stands with the formerly-successful refugee population who want their share, now working with the Ashton Foundation as an advocate for occult awareness but also to quietly get some answers because he's realizing he's erupted an extremely dangerous para-psychic power that would probs kill his political career if it came out that he was hiding it because psychics scare people]

Concept: Mars' Mightiest Third-Party Candidate
Muscle Mayor: Don't gently caress With This Refugee Advocate
Action: "100 Pushups, Every Day!"
Unregistered Para-Psychic: Closeted Superweapon
Omega: Making the Mother of All Omelets Here, Can't Fret Over Every Egg

pre:
		Muscle Mayor (+3)		Action (+2)		Unregistered Para-Psychic (+1)

Superb (+5)     Physique, Rapport

Great (+4)      Contacts, Deceive, Will	     Combat, Provoke

Good (+3)			                 

Fair (+2)		  	         Athletics, Notice, Vehicles           Gravikinesis

Average (+1)							        
Muscle Mayor mode: Combat, Contacts, Deceive, Physique, Provoke, Rapport, Will. Costs 9.
Unregistered Para-Psychic mode: Will, Deceive, Gravikinesis. Costs 4.
Gravikinesis skill: The para-psychic ability to manipulate the force of gravity. Create Advantage, Attack, Defend.
Improvements: Focus Contacts. Focus Physique. Focus Gravikinesis. Specialize Rapport. 2 points left.

Stunts/Mega-Stunts
Hometown Hero: +2 to create advantages with Contacts when tapping his supporters in the refugee community.

Great Communicator: When Sam spends a few minutes delivering an impromptu but heartfelt bit of oratory to someone, place a free boost on them such as Lost in the Metaphor.

Smash It Like A Florida Recount: Spend a Fate Point to shatter, splinter, or otherwise ruin an inanimate object.

Psychosomatic Superpower (2 benefits): When he focuses by creating a suitable advantage using Will, Sam is Bulletproof against conventional weapons, but weak against mental attacks and disrupted concentration. In addition, he is absolutely stronger (Physique) than any human, but at a cost.

Shockwave Punch: Sam can make attacks using Combat against distant targets as long as they are both in contact with the same surface.

(+1 Fate Points for the GM)

Stress
Physical [][][][]
Mental [][][]

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 12, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Kellsterik posted:

Mayor Jubilation Sunrise

One, good job making Shamanistic Mike Haggar. Two, you can only have a total of 7 stress boxes total, so cut it down to four of one and three of the other.

(Also, writing an actual backstory now, so it should be up soon-ish. Hopefully.)

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Thanks- thought there was something wrong there.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'm going to extend the deadline for the Mars game by at least 24 hours, I've had more to do this weekend than I expected. I may push it back a little further once I look over my schedule again.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Okay so I do need to extend the deadline. I thought the holiday would give me more time for this, but the opposite has occurred. So the new deadline will be Friday, July 11, at 8pm Eastern.

I was going to just push it back 48 hours, but I realized I wasn't likely to get the game started to next weekend in that case anyways.

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Two quick mechanics questions. One, when do Fate Points refresh? Two, do we have a list of the Ashton Foundation's Resource skills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14kLKxoOlCgpDvrGkyiyAX639bNmGqBka1kMSjqL_VzI/edit#gid=0

Uh, not sure what's Gorbash's policy on Refresh, but in the games I play here it usually happens after an adventure is done.

EDIT: omg gorb can you edit my aspects in this doc

• Locked thread