Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
yeah, Hyun-Ae's still in the vtol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Sorry, didn't realize we were doing the Atomic Robo turn order thing here. :x

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Oh gosh, did I screw that up? Sorry, I'm very much operating on Baby Time and didn't get the initiative note.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
It's fine!

Play on!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Sorry for posting delay. It'll be up tonight!

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I don't want to be a jerk, but someone please Marspost. :(

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sorry about delays on my end, this has been a crazy week. Planning GM posts tonight.

That being said, need to know if Sam and Boost are in on the brainstorm for Mars and need rolls if so.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
I hate brainstorm.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

I hate brainstorm.

Is this you making a joke post in the OOC thread or is this you saying that honestly don't like the brainstorm mechanic?

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
The latter.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Well gently caress. Sorry for kind of dragging you into one.

Also, it would have been nice if you mentioned that a week and a half ago when I asked if we wanted to do this as a brainstorm.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Didn't see the question till after it had been a done decision. It's not a big deal.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I've been away from my book as i'm in the middle of moving, but I think I remember the mechanics well enough to suggest something for the brainstorm. Sam doesn't have any immediately obvious relevant traits for this though.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

K Prime posted:

Do Not Taunt Happy Fungi

I'm not posting IC yet because I'm kind of nervy right now, but I don't think this is a very good aspect. At least, not for this situation, since it took until I literally writing this post for me to realize that it was referring to the order to stop messing with the fungus specifically. It's not bad, by any means. It just requires a few too many leaps in logic to figure out what it actually means.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
In all fairness, isn't "Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball" like ubiquitous SA knowledge at this point?

(Also in all fairness, I'm not in Marsgame, so I have no context for this one.)

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

In all fairness, isn't "Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball" like ubiquitous SA knowledge at this point?

(Also in all fairness, I'm not in Marsgame, so I have no context for this one.)

Oh, it's a good pun. It just wouldn't be connected to the scientists being ordered to stop studying the fungi but not stopping if it wasn't in a post about the scientists being ordered to stop studying the fungi but not stopping. It really only covers "stop studying the fungi, dumbasses".

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I think it's a perfectly fine aspect, and the post in question provided clear enough information to see where it was going. Aspect names are almost always too pithy to convey the full detail after all, and one that has a memorable hook for a concept that doesn't lend itself to an explicit two to three word explanation is going to be easier to remember.

On another note, I know it wasn't your intention but the post here comes across a bit too much as criticism over other plyer's RPing, which I would prefer to steer clear of. As per my note for EV earlier, if the way someone is RPing is causing difficulty I will address it.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I think it's a perfectly fine aspect, and the post in question provided clear enough information to see where it was going. Aspect names are almost always too pithy to convey the full detail after all, and one that has a memorable hook for a concept that doesn't lend itself to an explicit two to three word explanation is going to be easier to remember.

On another note, I know it wasn't your intention but the post here comes across a bit too much as criticism over other plyer's RPing, which I would prefer to steer clear of. As per my note for EV earlier, if the way someone is RPing is causing difficulty I will address it.

I know. Atomic Robo just specifically says that clarity is better than being pithy for aspects so I just decided to post and get it off my chest.

And yes, that post was specifically me complaining about K Prime's aspect naming. That is literally what those posts are. I'm sorry, I should have talked with him about it on IRC like a normal person but I wasn't sure if he was on and I just wanted to post that so I just said it. If you want me to leave, I'll just leave. If you want to leave, I've just leave. I mean, we're not that deep in, I'm not having that much fun with Cyrus, I'll just leave if you want to put this behind us and it won't be a big deal.

EDIT: Alright. That last bit is a massive overreaction, but I might as well be honest about the fact that I had a massive overreaction to that post.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 16, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Emerald, don't forget to tag who goes next!

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
I took care of that last night - thank you for the reminder!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Looking for a reply from Kellsterik for a brainstorm roll or a pass by tomorrow.

Sorry for the delays for games, this week has been very busy - I am in the process of going back to school after working for several years and it's eaten up my time.

Expect posting to pick up in the next week or two as things settle.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 20, 2014

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Sorry for not reacting, it's been a busy week. :(

Comrade Gorbash posted:

And does Sonoda want to invoke to get that tie? I am moving to the next round of the brainstorm tomorrow regardless so we can move on.[/i]
I think I'll pass on this one, unless I get a massive stroke of inspiration later today.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

So, I realized something in the week and a half since I had that little outburst. I realized that I just don't have any desire to post in Severe Nonlocality any more. I still like the characters and what we've seen of the plot, I just don't want to post at all. So yeah, I'm dropping out. Sorry for leaving you all in the lurch, but at least there's still a good pool of regular posters in here.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Posts for both games coming tomorrow. Sorry about the delays. Last week at current job and all. Long weekend should let me catch up though.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Hey Kellsterik, the one in Hoare's room is Sonoda. Your hacker is in another office.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I was going to just say "the room boost is in" but I was so sure I had it right

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Just giving this a bump. Also I'm going to re-recruit 1-2 players for Nonlocality in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more info on this.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Sorry I couldn't make my init call, I had a lot of stuff come up.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I've been a butt and not posting, and now I'm at another con for the weekend. :( Please don't tag Sonoda until Monday, if you can help it.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I will have a Cain post up and active by Tuesday, see my post in the MIA thread for details.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Posts coming tomorrow. Sorry about the delay, a family member was in the hospital this week and I had a job interview (it went well) so I'm behind.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Actually not interested in a brainstorm, but if that's the majority opinion. :S

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Gorbash has been good about providing opt out options for nonstormers previously :)

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Yeah, I have to admit I'm not too excited about a brainstorm either.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I don't really give a poo poo either way, I can wait :v:

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
I just thought it sounded like a good idea at the time, I'm not going to insist if the rest of the group isn't feeling it.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

How about this - let's wait a little because I think you'll find some of the stuff that's likely to happen next will give you more to work with on a later brainstorm.

Additionally, I've reread the Brainstorm rules a few times and I think I can make it work more smoothly here. There's a key piece of information about how to run them that is not well presented in the book but helps a lot.

And if not everyone wants to participate in one later, I'll give the others something to do.

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Works for me!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

FYI, I'm sure Gorbash is planning to set all of us in front of the temple, whether you guys are going ahead or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

There's nothing really in the city you haven't uncovered already, so I moved you to the next point of interest.

• Locked thread