Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
You could just ignore it and get the loving water or whatever right out the gate, assuming you had the right stats and maybe a little survivors luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

how many nude mods it got

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
never even really knew there was progression in the original games. I just played it as a robbery simulator

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Tarranon posted:

You could just ignore it and get the loving water or whatever right out the gate, assuming you had the right stats and maybe a little survivors luck

just use super stims on the final boss

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

part of the fun of fallout is trying to finish the quests without breaking the scripting

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Fallout 3 has the highest metacritic score of any fallout game

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

memy posted:

Fallout 3 has the highest metacritic score of any fallout game

That's because it's the best one. :colbert:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you don't have to do anything in any game idiot.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Ralp posted:

i can't leave without my buddy superfly

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ralp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XFxKXdbqY

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MondayHotDog posted:

That's because it's the best one. :colbert:

new vegas better

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Moola posted:

new vegas better

Eh. Gameplay wise, yeah. For me the deal breaker was the setting. I like 1950s east coast Americana way more than the wild west. Plus they build up New Vegas to be this amazing mecca that the bombs never touched, then you get there and it's like four shithole buildings and maybe 6 people walking the streets. Don't try to tell a story that your engine can't deliver should be game design 101.

Oh and F3's music was a million times better.

Soral
May 30, 2009

MondayHotDog posted:

Oh and F3's music was a million times better.

sorry but this is demonstrably untrue unless you're talking about the incidental exploration/combat music and not the radio stations in which case who cares, the radio should be on at all times

SIX IRON ON HIS HIIIP~

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

MondayHotDog posted:

Eh. Gameplay wise, yeah. For me the deal breaker was the setting. I like 1950s east coast Americana way more than the wild west.

lmfbo at this

Dec 26, 2012

Soral posted:

sorry but this is demonstrably untrue unless you're talking about the incidental exploration/combat music and not the radio stations in which case who cares, the radio should be on at all times

SIX IRON ON HIS HIIIP~

big iron not six iron :rolleyes:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

MondayHotDog posted:

Plus they build up New Vegas to be this amazing mecca that the bombs never touched, then you get there and it's like four shithole buildings and maybe 6 people walking the streets. Don't try to tell a story that your engine can't deliver should be game design 101.

well this is definitely true but it doesn't change that new vegas shat all over fo3, especially in terms of writing quality and balance. player choice actually affects the world too, FO3 felt way too much like 'oblivion with guns.'

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

compared to the waste new vegas was pretty glitzy.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Bobnumerotres posted:

well this is definitely true but it doesn't change that new vegas shat all over fo3, especially in terms of writing quality and balance. player choice actually affects the world too, FO3 felt way too much like 'oblivion with guns.'

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dec 26, 2012

every time

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
half of the companions in fo3 are either immune to radiation or brainwashed indentured slaves or both and none of them will turn on the loving filter

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Soral
May 30, 2009

01011001 posted:

big iron not six iron :rolleyes:

:blush:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

basically Bethesda was trying to emulate "you're a hero, and you have to leave" but their awful writing had already painted them into a corner so they just made all the companions refuse to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

iirc the deal was that they basically tacked companions on at the last second but they already had their sick sacrifice ending written up so they just made the companions mostly refuse to

• Locked thread