Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

https://www.copsub.com

Copenhagen suborbitals, headed by Peter Madsen who btw intends to ride in the nose of the rocket eventually, is an open-source amateur/volunteer rocket group who are doing some pretty amazing things. Their current rocket, HEAT2X, is 65cm in diameter, 10m tall, weighs 1200kg at liftoff and is designed to fly over 100km high. Today they're doing a static test of the rocket which should be great fun whatever the outcome!

Test is in about 1 hour, currently interviews and tech talk on the stream which is also pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butthead
May 31, 2011
The website says there is over 6 hours until the engine ignition.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

15:00 CEST, central European summer time, it's currently 2:15pm CEST.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
There is a countdown timer that says 6 hours, 42 minutes. I think it is going by CST time because that would put it at 14:00 CST.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Their countdown timer must be screwed up. I loaded the live video and it said under 1 hour. drat you Copenhagen!

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Yeah for me the countdown timer says that it's already happened, lol dumb euros

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

yay! :)

Butthead
May 31, 2011
When I saw the thread I thought "why wasn't this posted earlier?!?" and then I loaded the live video and thought "this is boring, still another hour?"

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Butthead posted:

When I saw the thread I thought "why wasn't this posted earlier?!?" and then I loaded the live video and thought "this is boring, still another hour?"

You're loving welcome!!

Butthead
May 31, 2011
An hour ago it was 1 hour away. Now it is 30 minutes away. Arghhhhh!

But it will be sweet for those 90 seconds when it does go off.

e: less than 20 minutes!

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hey they've come along way since the rickety original concepts.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cooll I hope it explodes violently

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I kinda hate that the announcers have fixed their communications so they can resume talking over the people on the radio channel.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011
Holy gently caress. I'm within a one hour drive from the site, but now probably too late. How the gently caress did I miss that this would happen today. Thanks a bunch for posting the feed though.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Always love watching these low-rent rocket tests because there's a very real chance of brutal carnage, unlike commercial space which is almost predictable and boring these days. I remember watching one of the first SpaceX rockets crash into the ocean from an on-board camera live on my computer, the internet is an amazing thing.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Zzulu posted:

cooll I hope it explodes violently

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I love how every rocket blastoff ever without fail has advertised a time of blast off and miss it by at least 1+ hour.

Just loving destroy your rocket already.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011
I loving hope Kim Jung-Un isn't watching this.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Fuuuuck you fags test scrubbed

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
haha they broke it.

HortonNash
Oct 10, 2012
Cancelled, failure in LO2 system

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Good job Copenhagen.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Uh safety valve blown, no test today.

What a cock tease.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I was this close to cumming ugnnnh

HortonNash
Oct 10, 2012
loving Kerbals can do better than this!

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

need to stop using these sensors

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Be safe, poverty ghost.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

did another hair dryer break?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Blackhawk posted:

I was this close to cumming ugnnnh

Sounds like a faulty valve.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011
Well, at least I'm going to see another day. Thanks for not blowing up Copenhagen today, Peter.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Faulty pressure sensor on their LOX tank meant that they didn't know what the pressure was as they were filling it with helium, they filled it too much and the burst-disc burst, pissing their LOX all out and making me stay awake for nothing.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

reminder this runs on a fraction of the budget of star citizen

kill all nerds

HortonNash
Oct 10, 2012

Sir Cornelius posted:

Well, at least I'm going to see another day. Thanks for not blowing up Copenhagen today, Peter.

The devastation will occur when they attempt to defuse defuel the rocket...there will be no survivors (in Copenhagen). RIP Cornelius, RIP.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it feels like I see an amateur launch like this every year but it's always just them shooting rockets into the sky

When are they going to start doing cool poo poo like sending me to the moon??

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

was this an expensive error

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
no go !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless