Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«36 »
angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

QuarkMartial posted:

Louisiana is the best general purpose hot sauce.

Hot Ones pissed me off. Every time I tried to order their chipotle sauce it was out of stock and now they've up and decided to quit making it. Bullshit imo.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think it's that great of a hot sauce. It's VERY watery and too sweet. It's in my fridge now and I'll reach for the Tabasco Chipotle over it every time. Maybe I just haven't found the right application?

In other Hot Ones news, I have a bottle of The Last Dab reaper edition waiting to be cracked open and I'm excited for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

This is why I like dropping in to World Market from time to time.

They're both deliciously hot.

Human Tornada
Mar 3, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

I got some Melinda's yesterday too.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Day 3
90% red/orange peppers, Habs, red jalapeño, & cayenne, but the couple golden cayenne really stand out for some reason. Also couple of garlic cloves in there. Smells amazing already.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007
deadlift minimalist

Try to avoid Melinda's. Marie Sharp, the Trini woman who now runs Marie Sharp's, initially started Melinda's in the 80s and made a deal with some people in the US to distribute her Melinda's sauces. They took advantage of her and registered the trademark to themselves, then cut her out.

There's a whole interview discussing it here:

http://www.belizemagazine.com/editi...05questions.htm

Basically, buy Marie Sharp's, and don't support the dicks who hosed over a Trini woman who didn't know anything about US trademark law.

Human Tornada
Mar 3, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Cool cool, the store had a bottle of Marie Sharp's special edition Smoked Habanero sauce, anybody tried it?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Man, I wanted to try the Hot Ones Fiery Chipotle, but it was always out of stock. Now they've discontinued it, so I was tempted to try Los Calientes and just add some other sauces mentioned in this thread to take advantage of the flat rate shipping...buuuut they're out of stock of Dirty Dick's and the Queen Majesty I was wanting to try. Amazon packs together the dirty dicks, queen majesty, and the aarvark habanero for $30, so I might just go with that deal instead and skip the Los Calientes for now.

I'm not sure why they discontinued the fiery chipotle since it was always selling out.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

a foolish pianist posted:

Try to avoid Melinda's. Marie Sharp, the Trini woman who now runs Marie Sharp's, initially started Melinda's in the 80s and made a deal with some people in the US to distribute her Melinda's sauces. They took advantage of her and registered the trademark to themselves, then cut her out.

There's a whole interview discussing it here:

http://www.belizemagazine.com/editi...05questions.htm

Basically, buy Marie Sharp's, and don't support the dicks who hosed over a Trini woman who didn't know anything about US trademark law.

Marie Sharp's Belizian Heat is one of the best hot sauces I have ever had. I can't find it anywhere and its been at least 5 years since I had my last bottle.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nwin posted:

Man, I wanted to try the Hot Ones Fiery Chipotle, but it was always out of stock. Now they've discontinued it, so I was tempted to try Los Calientes and just add some other sauces mentioned in this thread to take advantage of the flat rate shipping...buuuut they're out of stock of Dirty Dick's and the Queen Majesty I was wanting to try. Amazon packs together the dirty dicks, queen majesty, and the aarvark habanero for $30, so I might just go with that deal instead and skip the Los Calientes for now.

I'm not sure why they discontinued the fiery chipotle since it was always selling out.

Dollars to donuts says they bring it back. Way to much of a demand for it. I pre-ordered the Los Calientes and can't wait. Still have The Last Dab on my shelf as well.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Flaggy posted:

Marie Sharp's Belizian Heat is one of the best hot sauces I have ever had. I can't find it anywhere and its been at least 5 years since I had my last bottle.

all the Marie Sharp stuff is readily available through mail order if you're willing to pay the shipping. sometimes they discount the shipping if you buy enough at once.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

uber_stoat posted:

all the Marie Sharp stuff is readily available through mail order if you're willing to pay the shipping. sometimes they discount the shipping if you buy enough at once.

Yeah, its 5 bucks on Amazon with free shipping. Probably going that route.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Flaggy posted:

Dollars to donuts says they bring it back. Way to much of a demand for it. I pre-ordered the Los Calientes and can't wait. Still have The Last Dab on my shelf as well.

Iíll buy both if they bring back the fiery chipotle.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

knox_harrington posted:

Great thread. For any UK goons reading I 100% recommend Dalston Chillies Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce. Pretty hot but absolutely delicious so you get that conflict between wanting to put more on while fighting your mouth on fire.

link to shop

This is a table sauce in the Brewdog chain of pubs and it's real good

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Just got in my three pack of dirty dicks, secret aardvark habanero, and queen majesty-plus I picked up a bottle of Trader Joeís habanero sauce yesterday.

Traders Joeís, as mentioned earlier-just tastes like heat to me, nothing else really. I donít know what Iíll use this for.

Dirty dicks tropical sauce is amazing. Reminds me a little bit of tiger hot sauce but spicier. I love it.

Queen majesty is great-I like the ginger added to it.

Secret aardvark is ok? I feel like maybe on bbq it would be good?

What are you guys using these sauces for?

nwin fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2018 around 19:07

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

I use Aardvark's jerk sauce as a marinade, it's too salty for me to use as a sauce. The habanero I just use as a sauce on whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

nwin posted:

Just got in my three pack of dirty dicks, secret aardvark habanero, and queen majesty-plus I picked up a bottle of Trader Joe’s habanero sauce yesterday.

Traders Joe’s, as mentioned earlier-just tastes like heat to me, nothing else really. I don’t know what I’ll use this for.

Dirty dicks tropical sauce is amazing. Reminds me a little bit of tiger hot sauce but spicier. I love it.

Queen majesty is great-I like the ginger added to it.

Secret aardvark is ok? I feel like maybe on bbq it would be good?

What are you guys using these sauces for?

tiger sauce but hotter sounds about perfect, gonna have to check that one out.

«36 »