Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«37 »
SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

It's also good with roast pork. MY WIFE and I glaze pork with pepper jelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Got about 20 jalapenos from the garden, any best way to make it into hot sauce? Googling it, the first three recipes all seem to be the same without any fermentation. ( I'd like to avoid fermentation anyways because )

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

katkillad2 posted:

Got about 20 jalapenos from the garden, any best way to make it into hot sauce? Googling it, the first three recipes all seem to be the same without any fermentation. ( I'd like to avoid fermentation anyways because )

Jalapenos are delicious when dried and crushed into flakes. I have like a $20 dehydrator and just cut them lengthwise and let them run overnight.

I also have a tiny food processor that is marked for pepper use only that I use to grind them up when they are dried out.

I've never really made any sauces.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Cowboy Candy is usually what I do with leftover peppers

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.

katkillad2 posted:

My process is:
Freeze as they ripen.
Thaw it all when you are ready to make sauce.
Dice, saute with small amount of oil, a lot of garlic. Just slightly cooked down to where garlic is golden color.
Blend with vinegar, salt.

Other ingredients people use are onion, carrot, various fruit like mango.

Fermentation always seemed too unpredictable to me, I haven't tried it.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Iíve been playing around with a serious eats recipe:
-1 lb peppers, roasted
-1 tbsp salt
-2 tbsp honey
-1 tbsp lime juice
-1 cup vinegar

Super easy and has been tasty so far. Right now I use a majority of jalapeŮos, 1/2 deseeded, and then throw in 2 unseeded habs for some more heat. My next batch Iím going to add in some garlic and decrease the honey a tad.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Comb Your Beard posted:

My process is:
Freeze as they ripen.
Thaw it all when you are ready to make sauce.
Dice, saute with small amount of oil, a lot of garlic. Just slightly cooked down to where garlic is golden color.
Blend with vinegar, salt.

Other ingredients people use are onion, carrot, various fruit like mango.

Fermentation always seemed too unpredictable to me, I haven't tried it.

This is pretty much the same recipe I keep seeing so might as well give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson
Jun 26, 2005

Feels good man.

I just found Dirty Dickís on Amazon and man all three varieties look tasty. I really want to try that peach green sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013

It looks like I'm going to have a lot of Thai dragons and habaneros this year. Last year I had a ton of fiery hot habs and I made the NosmoKing's mango hab sauce. It turned out great, but I'm more of a savory hot sauce fan.

I just half-assed a Sambal Oelek-esque (dragons, onion, vinegar, garlic, and fish sauce) from a youtube that turned out better than expected, but what I'm really hunting for is something like El Yucateco Black Label. Yes I'm willing to try smoking peppers, anyone run across something like that?

«37 »