Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«39 »
SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Try some lemon juice. Or buy sharper mayonnaise. I think safflower mayo tastes a little flat and boring, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Doom Rooster posted:

The VAST majority of "jalapenos" sold now are the TAM variety, which is actually a cross-breed with green bell pepper, and is quite mild. They're the really big one.

If you're growing your own jalapenos and the seeds don't say that they are TAM, then they are likely REAL jalapenos, and actually quite spicy. They'll be like half the size of a TAM.

They can also cross-polinate, as I learned the year my habeneros accidentally caused spicy bell peppers.

Human Tornada posted:

IMO add hot sauce and Cajun seasoning.

Truth.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2018 around 05:14

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

Liquid Communism posted:

They can also cross-polinate, as I learned the year my habeneros accidentally caused spicy bell peppers.

Truth.

I think the cross pollination requires the first generation after the cross though. Like if you breed a hab with a bell pepper the bell won't be hot until you plant the seeds from that cross pollinated pepper.

I've had some mega hot varieties of cayenne and serano before too, I assumed it was from cross pollination of the seed stock.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Definitely not what you are describing, but burger + Black Label El Yucateco is amazing. Seems like the perfect hot sauce for beefy related things.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club

Lipstick Apathy

angor posted:

Which Da Bomb did you buy? I have the regular stuff (not beyond insanity) and I don't think it's that bad at all. Maybe I need to revisit it.

Mega late reply but yes, I've only had Beyond Insanity and it is horrible. I wasn't even aware there was a base-level Da Bomb

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 22, 2011

Crystal, less mayo, and cajun seasoning did the trick. Thanks for helping me explore the possibilities.

Also I threw some Crystal on my eggs this morning and basically, sriracha can go to hell. Definitely looking forward to trying more hot sauces and putting hot sauce on more things.

Tonight I'm gonna take a stab at buffalo chicken wings. I think I'd like to try this with various hot sauces but since this is my first go I'm gonna lead with the Frank's RedHot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 3, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Best hot sauce for eggs is Habanero Tabasco. Second place is Valentina Black Label.

«39 »