Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«41 »
Suspect Bucket
Jan 14, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Herr Tog posted:

sounds like awesome science.

This WILL sting. A lot.

But it's only like a minute before someone makes the hottest hot sauce ever and completely destroy their tounges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Suspect Bucket posted:

This WILL sting. A lot.

But it's only like a minute before someone makes the hottest hot sauce ever and completely destroy their tounges.

this sounds like a job for LA Beast.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Iím really liking Daveís Ghost Pepper sauce. It has a subtle flavor and good amount of heat, as well as a nice consistent look and texture.

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Danny Cash Hot Sauce in Denver has a lot of good stuff. We got our super hot tolerance up eating lots of their Scotch Scorpion and some type of ghost chili, need to try their garlic ghost pepper still. Most of their stuff doesn't use extracts, but in store they have bottles of pure capsaicin extract so you can just put some drops of pure hotness in whatever too.

"Moruga Trinidad Scorpion Chile Peppers, Red Habanero, Scotch Whiskey, Vinegar & Salt. NO EXTRACTS."

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Heatonist apparently found a case of their fiery chipotle sauce and are selling the bottles off at $20 each for charity.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

"Found"

COOL CORN
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

I found a bottle of Fiery Chipotle in my fridge today. And by found I actually mean I didn't know it was in there.

It's a hanukkah miracle

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Yeah, Iím not buying it either.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Now that it's sold out, I feel okay saying that the guys who made the fiery chipotle for Heatonist basically tweaked the recipe just enough that they could sell it under another name and sell it as Cutino's Chipotle now.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Here you go. Juicy Fruit. Happy?

nwin posted:

Yeah, I’m not buying it either.

But will you buy it?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Missing Name posted:

But will you buy it?

Itís sold out again

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

skooma512 posted:

Iím really liking Daveís Ghost Pepper sauce. It has a subtle flavor and good amount of heat, as well as a nice consistent look and texture.

Give Melindaís Ghost Pepper sauce a shot, itís one of the best Iíve had and I really like Daveís. Iíve been using it on subs with some fresh jalapeŮos from my garden I pickled. Thoroughly good.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Power of Pecota posted:

Now that it's sold out, I feel okay saying that the guys who made the fiery chipotle for Heatonist basically tweaked the recipe just enough that they could sell it under another name and sell it as Cutino's Chipotle now.

Why would you wait to share that info?

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

Space Jam posted:

Give Melinda’s Ghost Pepper sauce a shot, it’s one of the best I’ve had and I really like Dave’s. I’ve been using it on subs with some fresh jalapeños from my garden I pickled. Thoroughly good.

I don't have the link on hand but don't buy Melinda's.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

iospace posted:

I don't have the link on hand but don't buy Melinda's.

it's about ethics in hot sauce purchasing.

http://www.indiana.edu/~rcapub/v30n1/melindas.shtml

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

nwin posted:

Why would you wait to share that info?

They brought that batch back for charity and it'd feel lovely undercutting that.

Since I heard about this a few years back I stopped buying Melinda's, but I miss their Naga Jolokia, a stalwart in my college fridge. Also, a diner I went to earlier this year had their XXXtra Hot and I didn't hesitate to blast my hash browns with it.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Power of Pecota posted:

They brought that batch back for charity and it'd feel lovely undercutting that.

From what I saw on reddit, it sounds like they had a direct copy of their Hot Ones version ready to release, in addition to the one you mentioned, but Hot Ones may have sent them a cease and desist letter before they were able to release it.

If thatís the case I wouldnít feel too bad.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

How's Marie Sharps?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

How's Marie Sharps?

Marie Sharps Belizian Heat is easily in my top 5 all time sauces. Its real loving good is what I am saying.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Flaggy posted:

Marie Sharps Belizian Heat is easily in my top 5 all time sauces. Its real loving good is what I am saying.

I'll give it a shot if I can find it locally. Apparently the partnership with Walmart is over.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'll give it a shot if I can find it locally. Apparently the partnership with Walmart is over.

I get mine from a local sporting goods store of all places. If you have a Jax close by they might have it, but I think you can look up distributors.

Here is amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...d=1322LLJU6CAD5

Distributor page: https://www.mariesharps.bz/distributors/

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Fuck everything.

So 1498 is my new go to for breakfast. What a delicious hot sauce. I've got some Dawson's XXX Ghost Pepper mash opened as well, also a real contender. It's amazing how much flavor the newer peppers bring to still have good heat.

GreyjoyBastard
Mar 28, 2010

I am fixing my huge mistake.

I picked up a Yellowbird hot sauce in the course of Secret Santa related event. The serrano one, at least, is excellent.

edit: apparently it was endorsed by the thread last page!

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Trinidad scorpion (garden-grown) top round jerky fresh out of the dehydrator. Smells incredible, but I may have overdone the dosage as my hand is burning just from touch. Hoping itís edible.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

mischief posted:

So 1498 is my new go to for breakfast. What a delicious hot sauce. I've got some Dawson's XXX Ghost Pepper mash opened as well, also a real contender. It's amazing how much flavor the newer peppers bring to still have good heat.

1498 is the poo poo. Always try to keep a bottle around.

Lately I've been real into this tamarind sauce from a local dude/company http://www.arthurwaynehotsauce.com/....aspx#SpicyMama

Mild enough to use liberally, but still hot enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

I FINALLY FOUND THIS AND NOW I UNDERSTAND:

«41 »