Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCracAttack
Feb 21, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

Decided to try a Yellow Bird sampler based on the recommendations last week.

Blue Agave Sriracha doesn't taste much like ol' rooster sauce sriracha. Much sweeter than I expected. Not sure if I like that. Might be good on something thai-adjacent though.

Okay, I found something I like the blue agave sriracha on but y'all are gonna laugh. It's really good on peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas.

thotsky posted:

I bought the Bravado Crimson Special Reserve. It's alright, but there's a lot of vinegar so it is very watery and with the large opening you could easily add a fourth of the bottle to something by accident. It does not feel as good value as something like Hellfire First Blood. If it came in a dropper bottle like Tabasco it would make for a good replacement.

I have this too and it really does slop out. I've heard so many glowing things about Bravado but I felt a little underwhelmed by this. It's fine, I had it on some tacos and it was nice, but not really much to write home about? I'm willing to believe I just didn't buy their best sauce, and I mean, I do like it. I'll probably quite happily use up the rest of the bottle, I just don't know if I'll order another. Very very solid, just not a showstopper.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

How Wonderful! posted:

I'll probably quite happily use up the rest of the bottle, I just don't know if I'll order another. Very very solid, just not a showstopper.

yepyepyep

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

How Wonderful! posted:

I have this too and it really does slop out. I've heard so many glowing things about Bravado but I felt a little underwhelmed by this. It's fine, I had it on some tacos and it was nice, but not really much to write home about? I'm willing to believe I just didn't buy their best sauce, and I mean, I do like it. I'll probably quite happily use up the rest of the bottle, I just don't know if I'll order another. Very very solid, just not a showstopper.

The bravado sauces people go nuts for are the ones they do that are heavy on other flavors, like the miso or black garlic one. That one looks to just be a vinegar hot sauce. Iím sure itís good for what it is but itís not really what people are talking about when theyíre talking about bravadoís sauces.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas.

Yeah, maybe I'll try the black garlic one next. I have way too many 30% full bottles of this and that taking up space so I'm trying to slow down on blind buying stuff for a little while.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

Okay, I found something I like the blue agave sriracha on but y'all are gonna laugh. It's really good on peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

This is why God has turned his back on us.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

McCracAttack posted:

I do that with Bravado Blueberry Ghost Pepper but I never thought to try the Yellowbird. Good idea! I haven't found much I like it on but that sounds delicious.

McCracAttack
Feb 21, 2006

mischief posted:

This is why God has turned his back on us.

Good. I don't want that pervert watching me eat anyway.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Got a heatonist order with a bunch of thread recommendations yesterday:

The Fiya Fiya and the szechuan ghost pepper are real standouts, hotter than the others and delicious. The citrusy notes, especially, really make the szechuan sauce awesome. The black garlic is tasty with eggs and polenta, and the the mushroom habanero went really well a frittata I made yesterday.

The Detroit bourbon habanero is also quite nice, again with frittata. Thumbs up all around.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

a foolish pianist posted:

Got a heatonist order with a bunch of thread recommendations yesterday:

The Fiya Fiya and the szechuan ghost pepper are real standouts, hotter than the others and delicious. The citrusy notes, especially, really make the szechuan sauce awesome. The black garlic is tasty with eggs and polenta, and the the mushroom habanero went really well a frittata I made yesterday.

The Detroit bourbon habanero is also quite nice, again with frittata. Thumbs up all around.

Awesome! Great haul and I'm glad they hit the spot for you.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Heatonist is the best. I was on their monthly list for forever until I just eventually couldn't keep up and had to pause the subscription.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ever just finish eating but you still want more of the hot sauce you were having so you just keep dabbing a little bit on the back your hand and slurping it off?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

I pour it into a spoon but yes, all the time. I had to stop drinking the black garlic Bravado because it got too expensive.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fizzymercury posted:

I pour it into a spoon but yes, all the time. I had to stop drinking the black garlic Bravado because it got too expensive.

Yes but you're also the guy who drank mercury so I'm gonna need some further input.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

1 part worcestershire sauce 1 part crystal hot sauce, shot glass, knock it back.

and yeah, i wish that black garlic stuff was a little less pricey. tastier than mercury and won't give you nerve damage.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

That's like shooting the lovely half of a bloody mary.

I am concerned.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

My groupís favored bar in college did pickle juice+vodka shots and bartenders would add a good glug of Tabasco if you asked. That little bit of heat really made the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

Yes but you're also the guy who drank mercury so I'm gonna need some further input.
Okay maybe I am the woman that drank mercury. And maybe it damaged my sense of taste. But if drinking hot sauce was as bad for me as drinking mercury I'd still really want to do it every single night. I cannot say the same for the liquid metal.

uber_stoat posted:

1 part worcestershire sauce 1 part crystal hot sauce, shot glass, knock it back.

and yeah, i wish that black garlic stuff was a little less pricey. tastier than mercury and won't give you nerve damage.
I do this all the time. I have a bottle of sippin' worcestershire. It's also really nice in a raw egg.

Okay fine maybe people shouldn't trust me.