Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDoc
Jul 27, 2006

Looks like someone's got a case of the mondays!
I haven't seen anyone mention Blair's in this thread yet (or at least there are no images). Blair is mainly known for his Super Hots (>100k scoville sauces) but for those who are looking for a bit more flavor than heat, Blair's Pure Death is my go to sauce. Don't be scared by it's claim that it has Naga Jolakia (ghost chilis) it does, but only in very small concentration. The sauce has a very clean peppery flavor, not too heavy on the vinegar, and not crazy on additional flavorings and spices. There's no murky, bitter extract flavor, like Dave's or Blair's ultra hot sauces, it's just a sweet, peppery, flavor with a little bit of a vinegar kick. I've put it on everything from hotdogs to fried rice and everything in between. Hell, I've even eaten this plane on chips when I had no other salsa. It's absolutely one of the best sauces I've ever had.

If you're looking for something with a similar flavor profile, but still not extract levels of heat, I recommend Trinidad Morgua Scorpion by CaJohn's. It's got tomato in it as well, but the star of the sauce is definitely the peppers/vinegar. It packs a little more heat than the Blair's, and might be too much for hot sauce beginners, but I've been wanting a slightly hotter version of Pure Death for a long time. This sauce is that ticket.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheDoc fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU